Bad First Week

d1592

:confused:I started slimming world last week. I kept a food diary and did really well. I did not use many syns. (maybe 5 a day). I started to wonder then were my portion sizes ok and I ate til I was full so not sure. I ate 1/3 superfree with most meals but a few lunch times I had pasta n sauce and never had any superfree. I am not feeling too well at the minute with gallstones and eating eggs the first day prompted a gallstone attack which lasted quite a while. I did not eat eggs since. I had diahorrrea last night as well.ONLY HALF POUND OFF. Have about stone to lose so that's bad ..help

Ok firstly you had a loss which means you are doing something right. Sounds like you've had a bit of a nightmare health week which likely will affect your weight.

Secondly, don't be afraid to use syns, so many people come on here going "I havent lost but I hardly used any syns" as if its a good thing. You would never say the same about super free or free food would you? They are just as important, people often find if they use all their syns they will see better losses.

Thirdly don't lose heart, stick with it, maybe start a food diary on here as a fresh pair of eyes can sometimes see where you could make changes to help boost things. The losses will come x

Don't be disheartened. Keep going it happens all the time. Next week you will have a massive weight loss x

Ok firstly you had a loss which means you are doing something right. Sounds like you've had a bit of a nightmare health week which likely will affect your weight.

Secondly, don't be afraid to use syns, so many people come on here going "I havent lost but I hardly used any syns" as if its a good thing. You would never say the same about super free or free food would you? They are just as important, people often find if they use all their syns they will see better losses.

Thirdly don't lose heart, stick with it, maybe start a food diary on here as a fresh pair of eyes can sometimes see where you could make changes to help boost things. The losses will come x

I totally agree about the syns bit. I have seen literally hundreds of people over the years that think by cutting down on their syns they will lose more but they are as much a part of the plan as everything else. Hope you keep going and good luck for next week x

Just want to agree with the syns thing, have them, I don't loose if I don't have between 10 and 15 a day. Also your health problems this week could have also effected your loss, plus not everyone has an amazing loss in their first week, some people do but some people it just takes their bodies a bit longer to adjust to the new plan and they loose more in their second, third or forth week ect.

Stick at it and you will see more losses

I put on weight in my first week. I felt very silly but I persevered and have gone on to lose 4 st. Keep going on the eating plan and you will succeed. xx

Don't feel disheartened, I agree with everyone elses replies.

When I first did sw two years ago and had a stone to lose, I only had 1lb off the first week and was well gutted but after that it was 2 or 3lb every week so keep it up and you will lose x

Josh I never seen all these replies until now ! I thought that I had notifications when someone posted.. so sorry I did not ignore you. Week two was 3.5lbs so thank god. HOWEVER 2NITE HALF POUND AGAIN... I am going to eat my syns from 2moro. I don't have one stone to lose as in my first post (typo) - have about 5stone to lose

Back