• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Bad habits die hard!

Jesslima

Is determined!
When i'm cooking (for others) i have realised how much of a picker i am!! A few times i've actually got food in my mouth before i've even realised what i'm doing! Its not that i'm hungry, i do it subconsciously! Anyone got any tips of how i can kick this bad habit?!
Chewing gum would,ve worked a treat but we arent allowed it :(

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I know gum is discouraged as it can encourage us to want to chew, but i do chew sugarfree gum occassionally.

I was never a gum chewer before, so i dont find it tempts me to chew or eat.

Drink water-that's the only thing that stops me from munching! Take a bottle with you to the kitchen and keep gulping away whilst preparing the meal

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
To be honest i do chew sugar free gum on occasion & if its the choice between chewing gum or inadvertantly eating something during cooking before you realise what you're doing - i'd opt for the gum.
I find downing a couple of glasses of water afterwards gets rid of any hunger that chewing stimulates.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Well the chewing gum has worked a treat! And didnt make me feel hungry! Is that the only reason we are advised not to eat it?

I believe so, as chewing gum stimulates the release of gastric juices which in turn will make you feel hungry and they recommend if you must chew to only chew the gum for 2 to 3 minutes.