bad headaches and drained after exercise HELP!!

rach1987

hi there ive tryed to do exercising but after all i do is have headaches and i am nackered alday , i dont feel great at all, i do my exercising in the morning an hrs walking ,exercise bike ect, and drink water, but after im so nakered, im a mum of 3 young boys cant afford to be shattered, any ideas pleased?

How much water are you drinking? the first thing that would come to mind for me is not drinking enough otherwise i'm stumped :/

As soon as I saw the thread title, before even reading the post I though "dehydration"

Drink much more. Drink while you exercise, drink before and drink after.

You will soon find you have more energy and not less.

I agree with the others. Drink water like its going out of fashion.

Or try doing exercise later on in the day - i find if i work out earlier than usual its so much harder. Dunno if im just weird though ;) No matter how hard i work out I always feel more energised after it

Yup what the others said! I have to drink water like a fish when I exercise!

Apparantly you can tell if you are dehydrating yourself by measuring yourself before and after a workout (you will not lose any weight during one workout) so any weight loss is water loss and if you are adequately hydrated there should be no difference.

Also I can't remember the figures but losing a tiny percentage of your body's water has a huge percentage effect on performance. So definately try upping your water intake.

I am also one of those people who does not enjoy morning exercise, instead of feeling energised I feel drained and tired. However evening exercise works must better for me and helps me sleep. Perhaps experiment and see what works for you maybe you could do it once the kids go to bed? x

rach1987 said:
hi there ive tryed to do exercising but after all i do is have headaches and i am nackered alday , i dont feel great at all, i do my exercising in the morning an hrs walking ,exercise bike ect, and drink water, but after im so nakered, im a mum of 3 young boys cant afford to be shattered, any ideas pleased?

Talk to your doc, it could be anaemia, if there aren't enough red cells to carry oxygen around your body any stress will result in headaches. If it helps my headaches are 'boom boom' ones at the front of my head. In rhythm with my pulse.

What do you eat before you workout?

How much water are you drinking? the first thing that would come to mind for me is not drinking enough otherwise i'm stumped :/
hi Angie_b im drinking about a pink b4 i go then a pint when i get home . and drinking throughout the day , water/juice/tea/coffee

massive thank u everyone for ur comments , im going to try again with the exercise firstly more fluids, and if that doesnt work im going to try the evenings x

Id like to chip in if I may, although im not a slimming world follower (my first meeting is Tuesday:D) I was a few years back a personal trainer. Exhaustion during exercise is normal, exhaustion afterwards is not - usually after an initial recovery period you should feel energised. I personally feel that dehydration in the traditional sense isnt the problem.I am more inclined to think you may need electrolyte rebalance or revise the food you are eating&when. You should consume carbs pre workout (like a banana with your porridge, one is instant energy one is slow release) and protein within an hour of completing your workout(to aid muscle synthesis&recovery). Additionally, I would perhaps consider taking a multi vit/mineral.
Hope this is helpful

I sometimes get migraines following exercise - more than just a headaches, I get the nausea and flickering lights too. Over the years I have realised that my migraines are triggered by heating up too quickly. It took a long time for me to realise this - I thought it was water, so tried drinking more before and after, or maybe a drop in blood sugar, so I took glucose tablets.

For me, the warm-up needs to be gentle and gradual, otherwise I can feel the pulse in my head and know it will end in a migraine. I love saunas, but am aware that the price I'll pay afterwards is a migraine, no matter how much water I drink. So try to do a slow warm-up rather than throwing yourself into exercise.

Back