Bad Tetra *UPDATE*

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Hi all

Following on from my post a couple of weeks ago, I have received an email from Cambridge that I thought I would share with you for information/reassurance purposes:

Just to put you in the picture the Tetra it self is in fact fine with no problems at the time of manufacture. The problem has occurred with the packaging. Where the Tetra briks are sealed there has been a problem with the seal not being quite tight on all Tetras, this is in fact invisible to the human eye but obviously due to this air can get into the brik and thus contaminate it. The company who produces our Tetra packaging is aware of this problem and we have been informed that an improved packaging is now in use which should see this problem come to an end.

Thanks for that. Luckily i've not had a bad one for the last week or so.
They were really unpleasant though.

Oh
must of missed your last post, i only have them as emergency's about 1-2 a month.. not noticed anything bad as of yet.

Fortunately I am back on the tetra's with no further problems. the 2 bad ones I had were from the same pack of 3, so i really hope I just got unlucky! lol.

I do remember I think reading somewhere that the price of tetras were going up slightly because the packing was changing? or did I imagine that?

2 of my bad ones were properly sealed - i.e. couldn't notice a problem. The one that curdled I could see a difference as it looked like one had leaked over it.

OMG yes, they really are undrinkable when you get a bad one. Completely rancid. Thankfully though it doesn't happen often. You'll hear about it more often these days because there are a gazzillion of you drinking the things therefore more are being sold therefore there will be a proportional increase in bad ones. But it's not a major problem, it's still very rare when you compare the small proportion of bad ones to the trays of perfectly fine ones which are sold each week.

But yes there's no mistaking a bad one, don't worry, you'll know.

Makes me wonder now, whats in our packs? i mean i have had some soup's and there has been hard bits like tiny bits of glass ?

not had it for a while, but when i did i was worried!

I probably get one exploding tetra per 1000. Normally, it seems to happen where the strapping on the parcels might cut in, allowing air to invade the sealed carton.

The only thing to remember is this: If one tetra starts to round out like a cushion, and the stuck-down wings pop out, stuff it in a plastic bag as fast as you can before it explodes - because Chocolate Velvet, in particular, stains like (insert your own simile here!).

Make a note of all the printed numbers in the white window, and give them to your Counsellor (who will replace it foc) to pass the codes back to HQ.

Back