Bad week - skipping class

razzledazzle

OK, I'm going to admit it, I've had a really bad week, I wanted to have such a good one too (my aim is to lose 1½lb a week) to make up for gaining half a pound last week ..... but it all went pear-shaped.

So I'm skipping class tonight because I just can't bear getting on those scales again and seeing another gain.

I figured if I duck out tonight then I can try and claw some weightloss back for next week, then I don't have to go through the humiliation of 2 gains only 3 weeks in!

Feel better now I've admitted that out loud.

I promise I'll get back on track from tomorrow (not quite today cos Hubby bought me a 'healthy living' ready made mousaka for my lunch).

J x

DONT SKIP CLASS!!!!!!!!!!

It's the worse thing you can do, honestly! Go and get weighed, get some support and have a great week this week.

You will not be humiliated, that's not what it's about. Please, go!! (she says begging!!)

I agree 100% with Jaylou.... don't skip class.

It's the whole point of SW. I went once, weighed and went home, and the next week I'd put on again.

Honestly, it won't be humiliating. Everyone understands, because we all have weeks like that.

Go and get the support you deserve! :)

skipping class is how i stopped going to sw the last time i joined, i thought 'hmm, i will defo go next week' but i ended up just never going back and managed to put a stone on!
you never know you might surprise yourself!

OK, I'm going to admit it, I've had a really bad week, I wanted to have such a good one too (my aim is to lose 1½lb a week) to make up for gaining half a pound last week ..... but it all went pear-shaped.

So I'm skipping class tonight because I just can't bear getting on those scales again and seeing another gain.

I figured if I duck out tonight then I can try and claw some weightloss back for next week, then I don't have to go through the humiliation of 2 gains only 3 weeks in!

Feel better now I've admitted that out loud.

I promise I'll get back on track from tomorrow (not quite today cos Hubby bought me a 'healthy living' ready made mousaka for my lunch).

J x

I think you know what some of us are going to say, don't you? It's when we skip group because we know we've had a gain that we find it harder and harder to keep on track.
I've had two bad weeks in a row. Luckily I lost 0.5 (which was a huge surprise to me) and this week I've gained 1lb (which was also a good surprise because I expected it to be much worse) so even though you know you've had a bad couple of weeks sometimes it's not as bad as you fear. I very nearly didn't go to group. Thought I'd try and lose it by next week. But I knew if I had a 3rd bad week that I'd never go back or that I'd be convinced I'd put on more than I really had. I was so convinced that I'd put on at least 4lb, so 1lb was great.
Personally I would take a big gulp and go to group. Remember you are not alone. Everyone is in the same boat as you and has set backs and binges. That's what is great about going to group. We inspire, encourage and advise each other. We're there for each other. Don't be ashamed. I'm betting everyone there will have been or will be in the exact same position at some point or another....and one day you'll be able to help them :)

Hhhhm yes I had a feeling that you might say that. I've left my books at home now though - does that matter?? Can I just write my new weight in when I get home later (I go to class straight from work)??

According to my own scales this morning, I weigh the same as I did the first week I went - which means I've put the full 3lb back on that I initially lost!

Oh the shame!

J x

Hhhhm yes I had a feeling that you might say that. I've left my books at home now though - does that matter?? Can I just write my new weight in when I get home later (I go to class straight from work)??

According to my own scales this morning, I weigh the same as I did the first week I went - which means I've put the full 3lb back on that I initially lost!

Oh the shame!

J x

Yes yes yes...go!!!!

I've forgotten my books a couple of times now. Just either write it in yourself or get them to do it next week.

There is no shame. Put it down as a lesson learned. Get your head in the zone and buddy up with someone if you like...either on here or in real life :D to call upon when you feel yourself weakening.
I am feeling so much more positive this week. My head is in 'The Zone', you'll get it soon too. You just have to stick with it and then suddenly it'll just click and you'll recognise it. For some of us it's quick and happens straight away, for others it's a gradual process. I'm sure it will hit you soon and i the mean time you should go and get the full support you're entitled to for your £4.50 a week ;)

I have to agree with the above. Skipping cos you've put on is a slippery slope! You may think you'll claw it back, but in reality it doesn't often happen.

Please don't skip your class - if you do it this week you will be tempted to do it again and before you know where you are you will be gaining again, It's not worth missing your class, good luck.

Don't feel shamed honey - if you have gone back to the start, you know you CAN do it and WILL do it.

Don't skip - nobody will judge you or anything and it will help xxx

I'd say go to class. People who go to SW understand what you are going through... If you ask for tips they will be falling over eachother to help! All of them had a gain at some point I'm sure, or at least struggled not to.

After all, going to class is about monitoring your weight and learning to adjust your lifestyle so that you can slim down... It isn't about pleasing the consultant, or impressing other members.

Go because you owe it to yourself.

I'm going to class tonight and I reckon I'm facing at least a 5lb gain, as I'm just back from my hols. I am dreading it but I'm looking forward to it because I know I'll get so much support from my group and I need to stay for class to get me geared up for the next week.

Go to class - you won't regret it and you'll feel better facing the music rather than ignoring it! You'll probably get some hints and tips for the following week to try out and I can almost guarantee that you won't be the only one facing a gain or feeling bad!

This is a life long plan and we all have ups and downs - that's life! But it's how you deal with them that matters and determines whether or not you will get to your goal. Get back on track this week and by next week you will probably have lost anything that you may gain tonight.

Good luck!

Go to class, this is exactly the time when you need it. We can all get weighed each week feeling great if we know we have lost a pound or two, (everyone almost falls over themselves to get on the scales and confirm the news) but it's so easy to try and covince yourself if you think you have gained that you can claw it back next week. If only it were that simple. Its a downward spiral. Whats gone is gone and cann't be changed but you can change the future by gritting your teeth, holding your head high, finding out the news, putting it behind you and moving on. Be positive and just start again, but please GO TO CLASS XXXXXXXX

I really wouldnt be as embarressed.. when you push yourself to loose a certain amount a week thats when it all goes pear shaped.. you ahve to relax and just take each day as it comes.. and when you WI.. what ever u get is what u get.. if you don't go you'l never learn your body and its way of dealing with the diet.. you'l learn what you can and cannot eat, and what works for you etc..

my best friend has joined slimmingworld.. and shes been there 3 months.. shes still 5 pounds heavier than when she started.. shes just sts.. gain.. sts .. gain alll the time.. she might loose a pound one week.. and agin two back the next.. but i am proud of her because she comes back every single week with me.. with her head held high.. admits what shes eaten and why and then starts again.. One day she'l get it, or maybe it's just not for her.. but i really think skipping class isnt the best option here..

and you never know. theres no need to be ashamed.. and you may even be pleasently suprised.. you really never know. Some weeks i get on and im convinced iv gained and i loose 3.. sometimes i think iv lost loads and other times iv stayed the same!

go go go.. and then get back on track.. but dont beat yourself up about it hunnypie.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm feeling exactly the same - dreading weigh in, and thinking about not going...but I do know it will be the beginning of the end for me, so I'm going to go. You should too.

Let me know how you got on, it'll maybe give me some hope for tomorrow too!

Good luck.x

Well events overtook me yesterday (really, they did) ....... I've started a course on nutrition and I had a telephone 'meeting' with the people organising the course ..... which meant I was still at work at 6.15pm - class was at 5pm!!

So I txt my consultant and said I'd deffo be there next week! I'm back on track today and raring to go ....... I really don't want this to be a one way ticket to leaving class, and I really quite enjoy going.

Now I've got my bike I'm hoping that the extra exercise will also boost my weight loss so it will be interesting to go each week and see how I've done.

I really was intending to go, but I didnt get the email about the tele conf until late afternoon so had to hang around to sort that.

J x

Ah well, at least the intention was there!!
Have a good week, well done for getting back on track.
Jay x

Back