1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves
2 tins of baked beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
lasagne sheets
Mixed herbs
lea & perrins/Worcester sauce
hot pepper sauce (add if desired)
Hot chilli powder ( a teaspoon to give it a fiery taste)
Some cheese to top the lasagne (Use as healthy Extra)
Method:
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6 (200 degrees)
Cut up the onion, pepper, garlic and mushrooms into fine pieces. Spray frying pan with frylight and add them all to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes until golden brown.
Add the baked beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, Worcester sauce, chilli powder and hot pepper sauce as desired and cook for a few more minutes.
Build the lasagne layers in a casserole dish, alternating bean/tomato mixture with lasagne sheets.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for
30-35 minutes.
Uncover and add cheese to the top then bake for a further 5 minutes.

Serve with slimming world chips & salad & enjoy! Bon Appetit!
a35.gif

This lasagne can also be made without the red pepper, herbs and spices if you prefer it to not be spicy. It is great also mixed with laughing cow cheese if you want a creamy baked bean lasagne.

Hi there, recipe sounds great. Just a quick question about the lasagne sheets, do you use fresh or dried pasta? Many thanks! xx

Baked Bean Lasagne

Ingredients......
1 large onion
100g mushrooms
1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves
2 tins of baked beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
lasagne sheets
Mixed herbs
lea & perrins/Worcester sauce
hot pepper sauce (add if desired)
Hot chilli powder ( a teaspoon to give it a fiery taste)
Some cheese to top the lasagne (Use as healthy Extra)
Method:
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6 (200 degrees)
Cut up the onion, pepper, garlic and mushrooms into fine pieces. Spray frying pan with frylight and add them all to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes until golden brown.
Add the baked beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, Worcester sauce, chilli powder and hot pepper sauce as desired and cook for a few more minutes.
Build the lasagne layers in a casserole dish, alternating bean/tomato mixture with lasagne sheets.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for
30-35 minutes.
Uncover and add cheese to the top then bake for a further 5 minutes.

Serve with slimming world chips & salad & enjoy! Bon Appetit!
a35.gif

This lasagne can also be made without the red pepper, herbs and spices if you prefer it to not be spicy. It is great also mixed with laughing cow cheese if you want a creamy baked bean lasagne.

i love lasagne and this sounds great when i dont have some of the ingredients
thanks

Hi there, recipe sounds great. Just a quick question about the lasagne sheets, do you use fresh or dried pasta? Many thanks! xx

i use dried pasta, fresh pasta is synned. xxx

I made this for tea today and it was yummy. We had it with wedges (because I can't get SW chips right!!) and a small salad.

Nummy.

xx

I tried this a few years ago and found the sauce to be too runny (I think the recipe then was 2 of each of the tins) but it tasted okay

Made this tonight and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Gonna be a regular in my house I cooked some quorn sausages and sliced them and layered them with the bean mix between layers. Yum yum!!

I made this tonight and made a slight alteration, I had a syn free "white sauce" on it, made by beating quark and eggs with parsley and nutmeg. It was utterly delicious. I have decided that this is a definate do again! Thank you so much Mrs WilsonCroft.

I used to live on something similar when I was a student. I think I will have to start making it again especially as baked beans are super speed food!

I dip my lasagne sheets in boiling water as I am layering to ensure that they are soft when it is cooked but maybe you only need to do this if cooking in a microwave.

I made this tonight and made a slight alteration, I had a syn free "white sauce" on it, made by beating quark and eggs with parsley and nutmeg. It was utterly delicious. I have decided that this is a definate do again! Thank you so much Mrs WilsonCroft.

Im glad you enjoyed it hun :)
xxx

Thanks so much for this!!

Could I use extra lean mince within this and take it as free on EE??? Going to try this tonight - Lasange is my fave! :)

this sounds delicious!! will definatly be on my list for something to eat later on in the week!

Back