baked bean pie

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
I made this last night for my dinner, i had forgotten about it until iheard phil and fern talking about it on this morning.

I made loads and it was absolutley fantastic i just layered a baking dish with beans, mashed potatoes and topped with 42g of half fat cheese from hexa then put in the oven until crispy and golden on top. It was great and i had the rest before going to bed last night.

Does anyone else make this?

OMG i havent had bean pie since i was a student and skint, i used to put sausages in the bottom could do it with quorn ones.. YAY you just gave me a green day idea ! thanks
Gen x

Going to try that myself, sounds lovely. xxx

I think i will give it a try with quorn sausages too. It is a good idea for the credit crunch, it could feed the family cheaply.

Thanks for posting this recipe, keeps our food menus fresh with new things to have. xxx

Thanks everyone, how do you cook quorn sausages. I tried them before but wasn't very keen but willin g to give them another go.

Best thing to do i find is to defrost them first somehow they taste nicer, i cook mine in my George Forman grill, if not frylight a frying pan and cook as normal sausages. xxx

i think you treat them the same as normal sausages...i know the burgers you can grill and reading the packet you could even microwave them?????????????maybe they would be better in a casserole

This sounds so yummy I am going to have it this weekend. I would have it tonight but I already have a meal planned, shame cause this sounds 100 times nicer :)
I cook my Quorn the same way i would meat

I made it over the weekend also was so lovely ! its going to be a weekly occurance whilst on SW !

Its also lovely with Worcestershire sauce added to the beans, especially if you're using quorn sausages too.

Back