Puddings Baked cheesecake urgent help

welshgirl21

Silver Member
I'm a total novice at baking, just made the baked chocolate cheesecake from SW website, put it in the oven and realised I forgot to mix the eggs into the mixture before I poured it onto the biscuits and put it in the oven - will it still be ok?

sounds like the sort of thing I have done before, baked biscuits and forgot the sugar! made my friend eat them LOL!

It didn't go too badly - ironically the problem was the base as the recipe says to mix 28g of marg with crushed biscuits but it turns out it doesn't bind the biscuits together to form a strong base so when you cut it it just like broken biscuits which aren't set.

Actually not bad to eat though, the topping is yum even without the eggs so it's a bit like chocolate topping with broken biscuits.

It didn't go too badly - ironically the problem was the base as the recipe says to mix 28g of marg with crushed biscuits but it turns out it doesn't bind the biscuits together to form a strong base so when you cut it it just like broken biscuits which aren't set.

Actually not bad to eat though, the topping is yum even without the eggs so it's a bit like chocolate topping with broken biscuits.

That's interesting, I tried it as per the recipe and the first bite or two were fine, but then it was just too eggy to eat any more.. may have to try it again without the eggs then!!

Did you crush the biscuits enough? They should have a texture almost like sand before you mix the margarine in. Then, when you put the biscuit mixture into the tin, you should press it down with the back of a spoon so it all comes together.

Sorry if you already know this, but you did say you were a novice, so I just thought I would mention it. Sometimes recipes expect us to know things which we don't if we are just starting out!

Avisk - even if welshgirl knew and did that, there are others of us around who will benefit from your words of wisdom (eg me !!) so don't worry :eek:

Gail x

Avisk - even if welshgirl knew and did that, there are others of us around who will benefit from your words of wisdom (eg me !!) so don't worry :eek:

Gail x

Thank you!

The way I do it is to put the biscuits into a strong plastic bag and hit them with a rolling pin.

However, I saw Jamie Oliver put them in a teatowel, roll it up, swing it over his head and bash it several times on the work surface. It looked like a lot of fun, but I fear that if I tried that, biscuits would fly around the kitchen!!

I make Nigella's Rocky Road every year for a special friend's birthday, and for that I break up some of the biscuits into larger chunks and smash some of them into crumbs, because you need the different textures. But for a cheesecake base I think that tiny sandy crumbs are best.

It's all trial and error really - and I have been trying and erring for many, many years!

Could someone post the recipe please? I am not a dessert person but am going to be entertaining a fair bit over the next few weeks and could do with a SW friendly (and easy to make) dessert!

thank you!

Back