Baked chocolate & peanut butter tart(with pic)

furrystomper

BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER
:DBaked choco & peanut butter tart
Serves 4 @ 3 1/2 syns each

Ingeredents
1 box silken tofu
5 scan bran finely chopped/blended(5 syns)
1 TBS golden syrup(2 1/2)
2 TBS boiling water
2 TBS cocoa powder(2 syns)
1 TBS peanut butter(4 syns)
8 ish TBS sweetner

1, Place golden syrup into microwave for 30 seconds till runny.
Then add along with the water to the scan bran and mix throughly.
Then add the mix to a frylighted tin or pirex dish and flatten as much as possible. Then place in a preheated oven on gas mk 5 for 10 mins.
2, while base is cooking blened 1/2 the tofu with 4-6 TBS of sweetner and the 2 tbs of cocoa, blen untill no lumps and goes all silk like, then place to one side and repeat with the other half tofu, sweetner & peanut butter blending again untill no lumps and goes all smoth.
3, remove base from oven and top with chocolate mix first, when all mix is on bang it lightly on the worktop to release any air pockets.
Then top with the peanut butter mix and again bang slightly to release air pockets.
4, place back into the preheated oven on the gas mk 5 still for 30-40 mins or untill top looks compleatly set then remove from oven.
5, leave to cool & chill for at least 1 hour before serving with any fruit of your choice and maybe some anchor light( 1 syn for 12 1/2g)
Whole cake works out at 13 1/2 syns Enjo
y xx

179801_492932665666_528245666_6569220_994550_n.jpg

181449_492931655666_528245666_6569207_5552527_n.jpg

Wow! I think I may well have to try making that this weekend. Amazing looking.

Thanks for sharing and taking a photo.

furrystomper said:
:DBaked choco & peanut butter tart
Serves 4 @ 3 1/2 syns each

Ingeredents
1 box silken tofu
5 scan bran finely chopped/blended(5 syns)
1 TBS golden syrup(2 1/2)
2 TBS boiling water
2 TBS cocoa powder(2 syns)
1 TBS peanut butter(4 syns)
8 ish TBS sweetner

1, Place golden syrup into microwave for 30 seconds till runny.
Then add along with the water to the scan bran and mix throughly.
Then add the mix to a frylighted tin or pirex dish and flatten as much as possible. Then place in a preheated oven on gas mk 5 for 10 mins.
2, while base is cooking blened 1/2 the tofu with 4-6 TBS of sweetner and the 2 tbs of cocoa, blen untill no lumps and goes all silk like, then place to one side and repeat with the other half tofu, sweetner & peanut butter blending again untill no lumps and goes all smoth.
3, remove base from oven and top with chocolate mix first, when all mix is on bang it lightly on the worktop to release any air pockets.
Then top with the peanut butter mix and again bang slightly to release air pockets.
4, place back into the preheated oven on the gas mk 5 still for 30-40 mins or untill top looks compleatly set then remove from oven.
5, leave to cool & chill for at least 1 hour before serving with any fruit of your choice and maybe some anchor light( 1 syn for 12 1/2g)
Whole cake works out at 13 1/2 syns Enjoy xx

Hi
Is there an alternative to scan bran? I am not currently at club - doing SW at home.
Or somewhere it can be purchased?
It sounds so delicious ?

Kx

You will find the tofu in most asdas near the split peas and lentils etc x

Hi
Is there an alternative to scan bran? I am not currently at club - doing SW at home.
Or somewhere it can be purchased?
It sounds so delicious ?

Kx

Hi you can but scan bran from most holland & barrat stores or some health food shops will stock it... Failing that use 4 ryvitta for 6 syns hun x

furrystomper said:
Hi you can but scan bran from most holland & barrat stores or some health food shops will stock it... Failing that use 4 ryvitta for 6 syns hun x

Cheers hun. Now need to find silken tofu- no asda here I am afraid humph!

Cheers hun. Now need to find silken tofu- no asda here I am afraid humph!

You may find it elsewhere hun but i know its only asda near me that stocks it lol x

I want to make this, but not sure I trust myself with either Golden Syrup or Peanut Butter in the house. Hmmm. Def worth considering. I will await feedback from people who've made it with unhealthily keen interest!!

This look AMAZING I will be making aspecial trip to asda to get the tofu. Just had a look on the asda website and it says they stock soft and firm silken tofu, which one should I get.
Many thanks

grumbletumble said:
Looks lovely! Thank you!

I bought some silken tofu in my local health food shop so maybe try that or a holland and barratt?

Thankyou-will do. I also saw it online, so might try that if they don't stock it.

Kx

Back