Banana bread/cake with pics

wasn't an exact measurement just a guess just used the lid off the top and put in a full one so about a cup :D just as much as you like really :)

ok so I have a carrot and apple version in the oven now it made too much mixture to fit it all in the cake tin :D so it made 3 muffins too have tasted one of those as they were done much quicker apple very subtle couldnt really taste it but still sweet think maybe next time I will use a stronger apple like a bramley.
will let you know how the big cake turns out

oh and 15 syns for 1 big cake a 3 muffins!! cant be bad eh ;)

aww,what a shame good luck for the next 1.is scan bran like ryvita.i dont go to classes so cant get hold of any x

holland and barratt sell it if you have one close by. 5 scan bran soaked and drained 5syns 2 cracking hazelnut options 3syns (no idea why these are 1.5 each and the others 2) 3 eggs seperated whites whisked, sweetener and almond essence 7-8 mins in the microwave makes a decent size cake 8 syns in total I cut into 8 slices 1syn each and not tiny slices either

Last edited:
looks great - I will be trying this!

thanks to debjk and britmum - this looks brilliant and I will be making this at the weekend. We have a food trolley at work selling banana bread and I have missed out for a few weeks - but now I can make my own!:D

Made britmums orange and almond cake and wondered if it could be adapted with other fruits so today I made a Banana and cinnamon cake it wasnt too sweet so more like a bread with a cake texture am thinking it would be nice with sweetened quark anyhow it was huge so cut it into 9 slices at 2syns a slice.

Ingredients
56g/2oz self raising flour 10syns
6 eggs
cup of sweetener
1 tsp of baking powder 1/2 syn
2 medium bananas mashed 8 syns
1tsp of cinnamon think next time I will put 2 in wasnt enough really

preheat oven to 180

I separated 2 of the eggs and whisked the 2 egg whites in a bowl and put to one side put all the the other ingredients including the 2 egg yolks you seperated in another bowl and whisk, once nicely mixed fold in the 2 egg whites until there are no big lumps pour mixture into a sandwich tin, i used a silicon one it only just all fit in!
now I didnt time this lol i think about 40 mins after about 20 I covered the top with foil to stop it burning once out of the oven leav in the tin to cool for a bit then turn out and cut into 9 slices easier than it sounds cut into thirds then each thrid into 3 it works out to 2 syns a slice plus 1/2 syn over so I am going to count one slice at 2.5 the rest at 2 syns I then sprinkled sweetener over the top this will melt and make the top a bit sticky mmmmmm

here are some pictures

i cant wait to go get the stuff to make this :) .. im going to go get a shower now and hit the shops lol :)

thanks x

im about to make this ready for food tasting tomow so i hope it comes out ok lol hear i go will take pics if looks ok x

I have made this tonight, I think i needed a little more sweetner but it is yummy though, nice texture. I used a loaf tin and it cut into 10 decent size slices. Thanks for this recipe its lovely

it was rather nice! not very cakey, more of a quiche texture if you know what I mean.

I'll make it again.

I've had 2 slices already!!!

xxx

Back