banana dukan flavouring

curvygirlie

has anyone else got the banana flavouring from Dukan?

Does yours taste ok?

I think mine's gone off as it tastes of pear drops rather than banana and leaves a bitter aftertaste when eaten.:(

I bought some banana essence today from a Chinese supermarket and that smells just like pear drops.

Not sure if I am keen on the taste, I added a few drops to some homemade yoghurt but had to add quite a bit of Candarel to make it taste edible.

My husband says it smells just like banana milkshake (when he sniffed the bottle).

Luckily it was only 85p so not a lot wasted if I end up binning it.

does yours leave you with a bitter aftertaste?

Just tried it and although it does taste bitter without any added sugar, it doesn't really leave an aftertaste.

Mine is probably a lot weaker than yours though.
SEA386lg.jpg

that's the thing - it's leaving an acrid aftertaste in SWEETENED yoghurt! I wouldn't dare try tasting it on it's own as it's bad enough already.. :yuk:

Yes do not taste that stuff straight from the bottle - it's rancid! I made that mistake once when I licked my fingers after some spilled from the lid :D

i've emailed the Dukan shop and await their reply....

The Dukan shop has replied and I am FUMING!!!!

"
Dear Annalise,
Thank you for contacting the Dukan Diet Shop.
Our flavourings are indeed concentrated, but can be enjoyed to taste. They can be enjoyed in all your home-cooked dishes, both sweet and savoury: pastries, sweets, ice-creams, dessert creams, sauces, mousses, crèmes brûlées, coulis, custards, chocolates, ganaches, jams, compotes, cocktails, and more.
Directions:
Between a teaspoon (4 ml) and a tablespoon (10 ml) per litre of preparation. Due to its high concentration, this product must be used diluted and not pure.
You can increase the dose depending on the duration and intensity of the cooking. For example, a pastry or tart baked in the oven will require twice the amount of flavouring as a dessert cream.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to refund you for your bottle of flavouring, seeing as how it has already been opened and consumed.
We hope this information helps and look forward to serving you in the near future!
Best regards,
"

the patronising swines!

i have replied as follows:

Please do not patronise me by quoting the directions on use, I have other Dukan flavourings which are fine.

As you are trading in the UK, I suggest you look at the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002) which states that the goods should be of satisfactory quality, as described and fit for their purpose.

The banana flavouring is unuseable due to it's bitterness.

Regardless of whether it has been opened and consumed I am entitled to a full refund or a replacement.

I anticipate your reply

who the hell do they think they are?!!

grrr!:mad:

they have since replied again...

Annalise,
We fail to see or understand how you not liking the taste of a flavouring makes the product of unsatisfactory quality.
The banana flavouring in question was delivered to you in unopened condition, free from any defects, safe, and fits the purposes for which it was supplied (ie to flavour dishes). You not liking said flavouring is purely subjective and a question of personal taste. In addition, we cannot be held responsible for the misuse of our products. It clearly states on our website that, due to its high concentration, this product must be used diluted and not pure.

now i am getting seriously annoyed...

my response..

It's not that i don't like the taste! My friends also have this banana flavouring- the bottle they have smells and tastes of banana -as it should.

A banana flavouring should taste of banana- The bottle I have does not. It smells and tastes of pear drops NOT BANANA and leaves a acrid, bitter aftertaste - which leads me to believe it has gone bad.

I am not misusing the product. As i have said previously, i have other Dukan flavourings which smell and taste as they should.

Maybe something's getting lost in translation but is it just me or is he talking down to me like i'm some sort of imbecile??!!

Result!!!

"Annalise,
We will refund you for the bottle of banana flavouring. Please allow up to 72 hours for said refund to appear on your bank statement.
Best regards,

Customer Service
My Dukan Diet Shop
www.mydukandietshop.co.uk"

I feel much better now, I guess the poor bloke @ dukan knew i wasn't gonna let this one go without a fight ! :p

Hey you're good. <making a note of curvygirlie's name for the next time I need a strong letter writing!>

Well done!

Congratulations - seems persistence paid off in the end - but what a struggle!

such awkward bu*gers..:mad:

Back