Band or Bypass

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by cdms811, 22 December 2008 Social URL.

1. cdms811

cdms811 New Member

Start Weight:
    28st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    tried most
    Hi,

I have just got my funding in place for an op and am trying to get my head round which procedure I would choose If am presented with and option. Intitially I was leaning towards a band but have since heard nothinbg but bad things about them. Would a bypass be better?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Hi there. I was in a similiar position where I was recommended to have the bypass over the band at my first consultation due to my eating habits. All the choccie and crisps would slide right through the band. Even though I've been indecisive in the past few months I made the decision today to go for it.

We have a busy surgical weightloss section, why don't you join us if you haven't already? :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.