Barb's going at it a little differently!

Hi Katierose

drop in anytime, I really appreciate the input. I think if you start off in a determined way but not too high pressure, then you will get there in the end. For me that is what matters, I have spent years looking for a quick fix, or impatiently starving myself till I cave in and eat something 'naughty'. It doesn't work for me, so softly softly is the way to go now. If I had started doing this 5 years ago I would, very slowly, have got to where i want to be, so that's how I'm viewing it. Long term but better than never!

I wish you so much good luck with your plan and hope you have a really good 2011.

The first birthday, Christmas, anniversary are horrible. It is so hard to think of the good memories but in time you will.

How is your son now?

Irene xx

Wishing you all the best for the New Year and your new weight loss goals!

I have not slipped off the wagon too badly and was very pleased to do my end of year weigh in and see that I had achieved the goal i had set.

Well done Barb:happy096:

Hi Irene

how lovely to hear from you. You are so right, it's the 'firsts' that are so hard to deal with. I will be glad to get past 27th of January as that was the day last year that we lost Dad, then February 11th, the day of his funeral. I do feel better though, just being in a new year, strange really but i do.

My son is fine now, but his youngest daughter has been proper poorly, so I think 2010 was the year for it.
I see from your ticker that you are over 3 stone lighter, that's fantastic, you must be so pleased.

Lovely to hear from you Mini, your encouragement is always so appreciated.

I am going to go back to being a 'regular' on Minimins, I know the contact helps to keep me focused and I love the chat with old friends and new. I just wish Russiandoll was back to stay, anyone seen anything from her lately?

It's great to see you posting again, and how wonderful you did met goal!
I agree about the firsts, it does get easier with time, thank goodness!

Heya lovely. I didn't come on here for ages either, but when I came back I wondered where you'd gotten to and looked you up, of course.

Well done for reaching your Xmas goal, that's really fab! and the lb a month sounds like a good plan, you can deffo do that, I have faith!

I hope January isn't too hard for you lovely, but you're strong, you can get through it. It's always going to be hard, but you've pretty much gotten through the worst of it. Remember what I said about grief and waves? Well, it sounds like this month might be a bit wavy, but there's no icebergs on the horizon, which means you will eventually get safely to settled water, even if it feels like you won't at the time.

Best wishes and thoughs as ever.

Thanks Emz, you are so lovely!

Suffering on the flu front right now - improving but still very achy and exhausted. Have had the flu jab, so surprised to be so poorly but there you go. I am obviously not thinking major diet stuff whilst i feel like this but am still watching what I eat and taking advantage of a low appetite!

Still think 2011 is going to be a good year for getting stuff done and am TOTALLY confident that my 12lb goal for the year will be achieved.

Hi Barb x Hope you are feeling a bit better soon, and I am positive you will do your goal for 2011 x

Aw bless ya huni! They do say that the flu jab only protects you from the previous years flu and not the new mutated version, which is why I never bother getting mine.
Hope you feel better soon! Just keep up with the liquids and veg and stuff and that should hopefully help. Get some lucozade! That stuff's great for when you're feeling poorly.

Best wishes lovely!

Thanks Katierose and Emz. Feeling a bit better but soooooooooo tired and achy. Even being on the computer is almost too much. Crazy. Had some lucozade Emz, find it very sickly but if it helps it's worth it. Haven't been out of the house for a week and of course can't go and see my Mum, so tricky times. I wonder how long it will take to get back to normal?

Hopefully you ll start to feel a bit better every day x Sounds like you ve been really ill.:sick: Sending you a hug x

Thanks Katierose. I am slowly improving but feel very weak and wobbly. My appetite is all over the place, nothing tastes right and i don't fancy anything, but I am drinking lucozade and nibbling at stuff, so doing my best. I am not even thinking diet. No point, I am not eating much anyway but am doing zero exercise, a shower and hair wash wears me out! So goodness knows what the scales will show when I do check, could be a loss or could be a gain but I will worry about that when I feel well enough.

Very weird start to the new year!

Feeling quite a bit better today. Not going to do too much but have put washing in machine and that feels like major progress.

Need to start getting in some good new year habits now. Like writing in my diary every day, on here and on paper!

Hi Barb x
Just to say am glad your feeling a bit better xx Just take it easy xx

Good to see that you're better lovely, don't work too hard just yet though :)
Aye, lucozade is sickly, but it keeps your energy up and it's better than those red-bull things.
HOpe that the diary goes well, Bridget Jones ;) I always try, but I really don't do anything worth noting down, so I'm going to try writing 100words of fiction a day instead, lol.

HOpe that you continue to improve :)

Well I am sort of improving but now my asthmas has been set off by this flippin' flu. On the plus side eating is of no interest but on the minus I can't move about very much. Grr, getting really fed up with this.

My DH is talking holidays a lot at the moment and I am DETERMINED to be thinner for when we go away. I know I have set the 12lb target for the year, but I would love to lose more than that really. I feel so desperate to feel lighter and I know that my breathing would be better if I lost some weight, that is a massive incentive. We have a cruise booked for September but may do something else April time. So I need to get better and get a move on!

Hi Barb,
Well here s hoping your asthma gets better, I suffer from that too from time to time.
A cruise sounds great and what an incentive you ve done so well so far am sure you will carry on doing well x:D
Hope you have a good weekend x

Thanks Katierose, I am improving i think and hoping to stay away from the dreaded steroids. Just puffed out when I move about.

I agree, holidays are a great incentive and after the awful embarrassment of needing a seat belt extension on our last flight, I will not consider flying until I have lost at least another half a stone, ideally more.

So, onwards and downwards!

Feeling a lot better today and very focused. My sister popped in yesterday and said 'you've lost weight!' and I said, 'well, yes' and she said 'quite a bit by the look of it'! So that pleased me no end. I have not told anyone my plan to quietly lose weight, apart from on here of course, so it was nice to have a genuine comment. I am determined not to do all the promising of great results etc.. For me that just piles on pressure. The results will eventually speak for themselves.

Feeling very motivated and have started the day on a nice bowl of melon and cherries. Delicious. Really craving 'good' food, almost as though my body knows it need some good stuff to make me all better.
I am definitley going to see a 1lb off this month, I just know it. Exciting times.

Last edited:
Back