Barb's going at it a little differently!

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARRYYYYY!!!!! That is a looong freaking time to be married, it's amazing! See, I refuse to get married unless I can have a marriage like that!

Congrats on the pound as well, that's wicked :) Told you you could do it :D

I'm so with you on the munchies thing, that's what I'm struggling with at the mo. Maybe we should try the mini-milks again? Or a bag of raisins to munch on...gah. It's just hard.Probably more mental than anything. We must be able to overcome it!

Best wishes.

Thanks Emz - met my DH when I was 18, married him at 19, 4 gorgeous kids later and 32 years on, still love him to bits. He has been an absolute rock for me this year, i am one lucky girl.
You hang on and be fussy, I think too many people just settle for someone becuase the time is right or they feel they should. In love is the only reason for marriage, nothing less.

Hmm, the munchies, you too huh. Well we could do the mini milk thing, although with this colder weather, i'm not so sure. How do you feel about cup a soups? Some of them are very low cal and take a while to slurp. Might be an idea to try, def got to do something. It's the damn biscuits with me, every time!

Cup a soups, what a plan Barb! I'm going to have to try that!
I was also thinking warm pears. I used to get the tinned ones from lidl and warm a couple up in the microwave, but I think they're in syrup so I don't know about the calories.Might have to check that out. Warmed tinned peaches are nice too.
Hope that you have a good week babes :)

Hi Emz - mm, warm pears, that could be nice. This weekend I went into Marks and Sparks and bought an individual gastropub fish pie. 460 cals, big enough for 2 light lunches, so i am juts heating up half of one now. I just always fancy a warm lunch as the weather turns, so though I must make an effort to have something in that I will really enjoy. I'll let you know later how it goes. Also going to make some yummy home made mega veggie soup! I think i'm in a good mood for good food! Watch this space!

Just had my half a fish pie! Really delicious. Filling, tasty and at 230 cals a very good light but warm lunch. Could add a pile of sweetcorn to make a bigger meal of it and still be looking at around 260-275 cals in total. Also it can be frozen, so i will def get a couple, cut them in half and whack them in the freezer. Had soem ready chopped fruit salad after, but may have to have a mini milk - need a small sugar fix!

A very good day yesterday, feel very pleased. Beef stir fry for dinner and a couple of glasses red wine.Yum.

Made a lovely soup for lunch and now munching on a mini milk. xxx

A good day yesterday. Home made soup for lunch and then baked fish cakes for dinner. Seriously cutting back on the nibbling, always my main down fall. Feel like i am getting 'back in the zone'. Can't help thinking that every lb now is going to make a difference and so I start to apply the pressure on myself. I must not do that. Softly, softly, that is the key. Up the pressure and I fail.

My Dad's birthday today. Woke up thinking about him and wishing I could say it to him. Or sing it to him, which i have always done.

Bit of a slippery day yesterday - felt hungry all day and ended up going out for dinner. A lovely Thai meal -which included steamed sea bass and steamed rice, so not too horrific but, WINE! Oh dear, better be a good girl today methinks!

Ah, it will just keep your metabolism ticking along! It was a difficult day too, you are not a machine, thank goodness! Great job, do be careful about putting pressure on yourself, this is working just fine so far!

sea bass and steamed rice isn't horrific! Don't kick yourself about that, just think about it... you could have had fried rice and curry etc! So well done you! I find eating out the hardest, but seems like you have grasped the idea of making the best choices when eating out. Keep up the good work :)

Well it was the wine that was horrific really, the food choices were quite good. I am lucky really because I like steamed rice, I find fried rice very 'rich' and I think the way the fish comes out so fragrant and tasty is just gorgeous, I would love to be able to do that at home.

I feel like I am doing well, yes a slip here and there but nothing too serious and a regime I can live with. Might post a weigh in on Moday, just to see how October is going.

Tricky evening in store, going to a beer festival! Oh well, doesn't mean I have to drink loads. Not really a beer person but apparently they feature local wines too, so that cold be a problem!

Sounds like you're doing amazingly babes, especially considering everything. I think you're allowed to have a bit of a splurge on some wine ;)

How did you make the soup? I might give that a bash tonight.
I'm with you on the weather thing, I feel like everything I eat needs to be warm now.

Hope that you're having a good weekend lovely.

Hi Emz

I just made a standard 'bung everything in' type soup. I'd bought a 'stewpack' mixed veg bag and some chicken thighs. Stripped the skin off the chicken thighs to minimse the fat and fried them in a big saucepan in about 10 mls of garlic olive oil. Then after about 10 mins, put in the veg (red onion, swede, carrot, leek, potato, white onion and turnip)poured a pint and a half of hot water over, large dash soy sauce and lea and perrins and some tomato puree and cooked with the lid on for about 1 hour. The took the chicken out and chopped it up, blended the soup and popped the chicken back (minus the bones obviously!) and that was it. YUM! I think you would enjoy it, plus you can freeze some for another day.

Yes, all going ok at the moment, need to keep an eye on the booze calories but I refuse to become a total diet bore, so will join for sure!

That sounds lush! I'm doing it! Might do it in the week for the whole house, that'd probably go down well :)

Yeh booze calories, they're a pain. I hate drinking any of my calories! But sometimes a nice glass of something is just necissary.

Hope that you have a good week hun :)

Hi Emz

yes you will be very popular if you make that for everyone. You won't have any left to freeze though!

The beer festival was ok - I had a real grump on before we went. Everything i tried on made me feel like a barrel. I hate that, going out feeling uncomfortable before the evening has even started. Then it was literally standing for hours, which gave me chronic back ache, which of course i blame myself for because I am so overweight! Grrr, I am sure thin people get back ache too - why do I have to be so negative at times?

Anyway, didn't drink too much but came home starving! Not good, ate 3 biscuits before I could even say 'calories!' and went to bed annoyed. Seem to have awoken the biscuit beast and so far today I have eaten 6! Must stop.
My two youngest are 23 tomorrow and we are doing the birthday cake thing this afternoon - oh dear, it will have to be the most minutest slice ever for me. Having a chinese take-away tonight and family meal out tomorrow night, this coudl be a tricky few days!

Yesterday went better than expected. Did a rough cal count and came in at around 1800 - so not too bad really. We are out for dinner with the birthday babies(they are still babies to me!)tonight but i will do my best to make some sensible choices. It can be done!

Thanks Minusfour - i did quite well in the evening as it turned out. We went to a local brasserie and I had a prawn and crayfish salad as a starter, which was really good. A piece of garlic bread with it too - yum. Then I ordered a 2nd starter for main - I often do that as I seem to find 2 starters better - anyway I ordered Thai fish cakes. They were awful, I ate a corner off one of them but that was it. They were so salty too. Yuk. So I ended up having a pud, creme brulee, but I still don't think that was too bad.
Going to aim at a really good couple of days now - out for dinner Thurs but that's it on the social front this week I think!

So, did a little weigh in and have hit the half stone off! Very pleased, yes it's slow, but it's goign in the right direction and that's the main thing. I have 10 weeks before the end of the year to reach my 10lb off target and I should do that easily. It could even be better than that but I am not goign to start applying pressure, 10lbs is the goal. Let's see what happens. I am in no frame of mind to be overly strict with myself, still suffering lots of very down days and if I manage to stay out of the biscuit tin then I am very pleased with myself. If I don't I regard it as over and done with and move on. Yesterday was a good day food wise but too much wine in the evening. However, at least it wasn't bad on the food AND the wine. It could have been better but it could have been much worse.
If this can work, a softly softly approach and eventual solid success, then what does it matter how long it takes?

Back