Barb's going at it a little differently!

Hi

I am with you on feeling less sluggish etc, well done of achieving that feel good factor!

woohooo to resisting chocs and bickies at work too!

Weighing once a week is ideal Barb, fingers crossed for your weigh in :)

Thanks Rose, after what you have just been through, some healthy eating is a walk in the park!

Looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow, it will be good to see how I am doing in some ways, although truth is, I KNOW I am doing well!

Happy Monday Barb. Is so great to read your posts, you sound so inspired and you can tell a real change is happening.
Must be great to feel less sluggish etc, just think how great you will feel as time goes by.
Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow! x

Thanks Bubbles, that's what i keep thinking. Each week I will feel better and better as I get lighter and lighter. Happy thought!

Ok, drum roll please, week one, 8lbs gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so shocked, so pleased, so happy! Can't believe it. Well I can, because I saw the scales but really, over half a stone, what a brill start.

I know it will be much less for future weeks but what a fab head start. Just thrilled to bits.

Another really good day, but rather too hungry. Looked back at the food diary for yesterday and was surprised to see just how little I ate. I've got to watch that as this is more about health than weight loss. I think I probably came in at under a 1000 cals, possibly nearer 850. That's daft, i had a very busy day and actually was waking up in the night hungry. So today i will make sure i do better.

Still feel positive and happy though, 9 days in and I know this is the way forward. I can do this.

I did better Clarri, but I know I have this tendancy to go too low and then go off the rails, so I need to watch myself.

Aiming to have a good day today. Day 10 already!

Thanks Rose, it certainly is encouraging. I know once I get the first stone off I will be so encouraged and motivated that I will really be ready to go for the next one! I am thinking it is feasible to do a stone in 3 weeks, if i can see 3lbs off this week and again the following that will do it! Fingers crossed, it can be done.

See my gp in 3 weeks and am really hoping she will see an improvement.

Busy day yesterday so didn't catch up on here. Still being very good, have noticed a lot more hunger though, so am being more aware of not under eating.

Had a few drinkies last night, just had a real Friday feeling and wanted to be a bit naughty. Today, I ache much more than usual and think no way was it worth it.
This is day 12 and I feel as determined and focused as ever. I want to see that 3lbs off on Tuesday so no more slips for me!

Just wrote a 'projected possible weight loss' plan in the back of my food diary - and have realised that i could hit my goal, (which i have now decided is to lose 5stone and 5 lbs) in January of next year if I am consistent and organised. Which i am going to be. I'm excited, seeing how it could and should pan out. Makes it seem more real and possible somehow!

Just wrote a 'projected possible weight loss' plan in the back of my food diary - and have realised that i could hit my goal, (which i have now decided is to lose 5stone and 5 lbs) in January of next year if I am consistent and organised. Which i am going to be. I'm excited, seeing how it could and should pan out. Makes it seem more real and possible somehow!

Brilliant attitude! It can be done... just browse through success stories thread and the before/after pics... seriously inspirational and keeps me positive ;)

Keep it up ;)

Thanks OTW - good ideas, I will definitely have a look at those.

It feels good to be able to look ahead and think , yes, it can and will be done!

Hi Barb

loving the attitude!!!! :) Isn't it a great feeling when you finally start to believe that the 'dream' is possible? :D

I too read all the success stories in magazines etc, and love the before and after pics. I recently read an article on a woman who WANTS to be 70 stone :eek:, she is 30 at the moment, and 'hated the pressure to be slim' sadly she doesn't worry about the health implications and is making money from men wanting to watch her eat online :eek:..anyway, there are some photos of her 'journey' to reach 70 stone, and there is a 21 and 19 stone pic, it is semi naked and is now implanted in my mind at how unhealthy an unattractive i look (looked :confused: :)) i still have the mag, i may cut it out to keep me focused. I also read about pauline quirk losing over 5 stone recently..so impressed!

Have a great day, hope you are not in too much pain now, good luck for weigh in!

Hi Rose, yes, it's a light bulb moment i think. The realisation that this is a project that has to succeed. It certainly changes how I feel about temptation, you know now it's not a case of have what I like today and get back to the diet tomorrow. It's a case of, well that would be stupid. I'd just be putting off the day when I am healthier and better able to move about without being in pain.

Friday night, when we had some drinks (which I really wishes I hadn't) I was still thinking diet - I didn't have as many as I would have and they were not accompanied by crisps and dips, nor were they followed by a take-away. That is a huge difference and I think I should pat myself on the back for every bit of resistance i manage. Any small improvement is a step in the right direction that will lead, in time, to me reaching my goal.

The thing about that woman wanting to be 70 stone, you just think why? Surely at that weight she would be defined as totally disabled, who in their right mind would want that? Crikey, it really does take all sorts!

You are doing so well Rose, it certainly inspires me, to think that you have now lost nearly 3 stone is just amazing. I can't wait to be able to say the same. I have calculated that I should be 3 stone down by the time we go on our cruise in September, so that will be fantastic.

So much to look forward to, it's lovely.

Morning,
Im beginning to realise the trick to keeping going is not taking your eyes off the ball, whatever it may be. By that I mean, its important to revisit constantly what triggered you to actually get on and do it. For you, it was the health tests. For me, this time, I had a bit of a moment last week at weigh in, where my leader looked at me, after yet another sts, and said, I dont want you coming here spending money week after week, but no move on the scales. And it struck me how true that was. I mean, its in her interest to have me there, not at goal, for as long as possible, but the way she looked at me made me think a lot about how much I make excuses constantly.

Anyway, Im waffling. You are having a real awakening Barb, and its so great.
xxxx

Clarri, everything you say makes sense and you are so right. If this is what we want, weight loss and a healthier future, then why sabotage ourselves?

I think it is all too easy to slip and make excuses for ourselves but really, we want to get there and so why delay? I know we can't feel 100% committed 24/7 but the closer to that we get the faster the results will show.

Back