Barb's going at it a little differently!

Phew!!!! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! :D

Seriously well done Barb, that is so impressive, i hope you are feeling better, you sound on top of the world..keep it up!

I've got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow, good luck :)

Well, thanks for the crossed fingers and encouragement but I'm afraid it's a big fat zero this week. I'm disappointed but not too down hearted and I'll tell you why. Last night we went out to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday. Her choice of venue was a Thai restaurant - great I thought, Ill be able to go with my steamed fish etc. but no, it was one of those 'buffet' ones where you order as much as you like. Trouble was it was all deep fried stuff, so I was kind of stuck. What could I do? Join in, that was all I could do. I limited myself as much as possible and had been very good all day, but still ended up with a prawn toast, a won ton and various other bits and pieces.

So today, i have paid for it, but I am not upset, there is a reason for it. Hopefully it just means next week I will do really well.

right attitude Barb, those scales will make up for it next week. Maybe you've added muscle with your swimming and its cancelled out your loss for this week? ... and only for this week! back to normal loss next week I bet.

Nurse advised me this morning, to be good and on track for 80% of the time and 'allow' 20% to be 'not so good', (but not go overboard with it and get carried away!)...so in my eyes, you were allowed those wee treats last night :)

have a good day and take care :)

Those odd treats are what keep your metablism working hard anyway ;)

I'm with RR too, it could be muscle. It's quite common to put on quite a bit of muscle in the first weeks of exercise, but this is good, because muscle burns calories :) Just go by how you feel and how your clothes feel, that'll give you a better idea :)

Hope you have a nice evening ;)

At least it wasn't a gain and you know what it was that did it. This week will be better :)

Oh thank you my lovely ladies. Much appreciated. I thought i would be down but I'm truly not. It's onwards and downwards now. All this exercise should make a real diff.

Afternoon Barb...

Well done on sts... it's so much better than a gain ;)

Don't worry about the little treats... I don't think any diet is sustainable if you don't have a treat here and there...

Keep up good work...next week will be better :D

Well done Barb a stay the same the morning after a meal out is good! I normally alwsys show a gain!! (I am a daily weigher!)

Am thinking of getting in the pool myself until this back is a bit better to do some proper exercise x

Hi ONW and S16WD - thank you for the encouragement. I am doing ok, still a bit tired from yesterdays aqua-aerobics though, 45 mins is a lot and I had done 6 lengths first! Feel so much better for it, def think your should try it 16, it would help your back no end.

Had blood test this morning, so just have to wait and see now. Will report in when I know more. Still feeling very focused and expect a good loss this week.

Pleased you are feeling upbeat, well done!

So impressed with your aqua aerobics..one of these days, I will take the plunge, so to speak :)
Good luck with blood test results, i don't know what it is for (and I'm not asking!!!! ;)) just want to wish you a good result whatever :)

Bet your daughter telling you your top was looking huge, felt great and put a spring in your step no doubt!

Have a successful day, keep smiling :D

Hope that everything goes well with the dr :)

Its great that you're enjoying your exercise, but don't push yourself too hard and hurt yourself, if you feel like you need a couple of days break go for it. But aquacize sounds wicked ;)

The blood test is to ongoing arthritis stuff bit is also checking my fasting glucose, as the last one was not good. Never had that query before so am quite worried about it.

Didn't go to the DLC today, no class available today and have Mum to take out this afternoon so thought I would do some homey stuff this morning. Def go tomorrow and Friday though as booked into classes.

Feeling very positive and whatever the blood results know I am on the way to a healthier future and that's the main thing.

Best of luck with the blood tests Barb. You are on the way to being much healthier so keep that in mind :)

Enjoy your afternoon with your mum ;)

:) Exactly Barb....we'll all be bursting out of our clothes with fitness and vitality by he end of the year...instead of the lbs bursting out! :rolleyes:

Good luck with the results, and remain optimistic, sending you a mountain of good and healthy vibes from bonnie scotland.

(i'm buzzing about here tonight to stop me raiding the cupboards...hunger pangs!!!!!....grrr ;))

'speak tomorrow'

Ah Rose, looking forward to that, clothes being so big they HAVE to be replaced with lovely new ones and not from Evans, but from anywhere we like!

Good day yesterday, didn't swim and really missed it so looking forward to going this morning. Got an aqua class too, so that should be good.

Be so glad to get the blood results though, it's really top of my mind. I can ring after 2.30pm today so hopefully will find out then.

I'm diabetic. A statistic. I just feel sick.

Back