Barb's going at it a little differently!

Firstly the results for my Mum are not great. She has fluid in her lungs and her heart is not pumping well, so more tests to come. She is being very brave but I just feel so sad for her, it is only 18months since we lost Dad and she misses him so badly. To be poorly on top is so hard for her.

As for me, well, STS it is. Not surprised, cross with myself for not trying harder but need to put it behind me and crack on with the next week.

Sorry to hear the results aren't great for your mum. Can it be treated easily or are there more risks coz of her age? Sorry to hear about you loosing your dad only a short while ago. Sounds hard for you all to be going through all of this. I know it's slightly different but we lost by DH's grandparents in 2009 within 11 months of each other. one was in jan 2009 and the other dec 2009. The grandad struggled to cope without his beloved wife although he did a lot better than we were expecting. I think women tend to be able to cope better with death than men though. Hopefully once your mum is on her feet again she'll perk up.

Well done for STS. It's better than a gain and you have to live your life. Try not to beat yourself up hun. xxxx

Thanks for the hugs Clarri and the support. You too Rhi, much appreciated. Mum's prognosis is not good but hopefully when the test have been done the doc will be able to tweak her drugs enough to make her more comfortable.

I am fine with the STS - if I had been good all week I would have been upset, but tbh I knew it was coming and it spurs me on to do better next week.

Fingers crossed the docs can make her more comfortable very soon. It's never nice to see a loved one so ill.

I'm here if you ever need to chat/offload. Thinking of you. (((hugs)))) xxxx

Hi Barb....

So sorry you're mum isn't doing great... rest assured the doctors know what they're doing and will take great care of her. To be honest I always thought when I've been sick that it's worse for those around me than it is for me. Worrying is dreadful... please make sure to look after yourself too, don't worry yourself sick :)

If you need stress relief and have the time in between everything else, go for a swim... filter your frustration into something positive :)

Heya Barb,
Just as everyone says, I'm sure that once the Drs have done their magic your mum will start feeling better. Make sure that you take care of yourself, although I'm sure you will.

No worries about the STS, as you've said, it's what you were expecting, and the treats you enjoyed were probably well worth it. You can lose again next week no problem :)

Best wishes, my prayers are with you.
x

Sorry to hear the news about your mum Barb. Hope the medication is altered to make her comfortable. I'm sure she know she is in good handswith doctors and you too of course.
Never mind the sts, just concentrate on your mum and take good care of yourself, there is always time to put effort and time into your lifestyle change at a later date.

{{hugs}}

Thank you all for your kind thoughts - I've known for a while that this tricky time with mum is coming and I will just try and take it one day at a time. I'm sure there is a lot the doc can do to make her more able to cope.

It's weird that I feel more driven and focused about my health now than ever. I will not relax this plan, I have to do it and get there and be stronger. Yesterday i had some errands to do in town and realised that as i walked I wasn't slowly ambling along, I was striding out! Amazing and so inspiring, if 9 short weeks can make such a basic difference just imagine what the next 20-30 will do!

Awww i am sooo pleased to hear your feeling so determined. Do you think it might be down to your mums health problems that's making you think about your own health more? Look how far you have come in 9 weeks like you say and what a difference it is making already. You CAN and WILL do this i'm sure. xxxx

A few weeks makes such a big difference.... your attitude is great... keep the positive mindframe and you'll get to your goal sooner than you ever could have imagined xx

Thinking of you and your mum :)

glad you have got the determined bug Barb :) Good for you to put all the nervous energy you must be experiencing into something positive :)

You are right about walking quicker, isn't it amazing? I too have stopped walking at a snail's pace recently :)

Have an uplifting day, loving the attitude..and only good can come from it!

It's been a really rough week this week. Mum had an emergency ECG yesterday and coped very well. She seemed a shade better than the day before but I know the prognosis is bad and I feel a bit of a mess tbh. It just feels so soon after Dad, 18 months has passed since he died and I am back to the hospital/doctor stuff that has no possible positive outcome. Last night i disappeared into a wine glass and didn't come out for a while. Stupid, what a waste of calories and time. Today i will be hungover for my swimming and not at my best as I should be.

Oh well, no good crying over spilt Beaujolais! Got to get back to being good and getting this weight off once and for all. Going to have to do weigh in on Monday next week as my scales will be packed away whilst our bathroom is being 'done up' - so full steam ahead for a good result on Monday. I want at least 2lbs off this week!

Good luck for weigh in on monday Barb, my fingers are doubly crossed for you.

{hugs} for you while you are going through such an upsetting and worrying time. You deserved every drop of the wine, sod the cals for the time being :) Best wishes to you and your mum, hope yesterday's activity hasn't affected her too much. Keep strong lovey :) x

Thank you Rose, it is a tough time but I need to be sensible, making myself feel rubbish by drinking too much is not a good idea. Mum seemed a little better yesterday so that lifted my spirits a bit. I can't bear to see her suffer, i know at 90 she can't have a lot of time left but what there is i want her to be able to enjoy, at least a little.

Anyway, good day yesterday, very in control foodwise and NO WINE! Tonight we are taking all our staff out for a summer celebration and I am going to drive - that means no drinks and no problem stopping! That should save a 1000 cals at least!

Looking forward to Mondays weigh in - I think 2lbs is doable.

Glad your spirits are lifted today Barb, best wishes to you and your mum x
How sensible to volunteer to drive on night out, and i hear what you say about being sensible about food and wine intake, especially when you are doing so well.
I am so sure your 2lb aim is VERY doable lovey, take care :)

The night out went well, ate sparingly, didn't drink and felt very pleased with myself. My reward? 2lbs off! So chuffed, with all that's going on right now that feels like a real achievement.

Plumbers start on our en suite today - dreading it, still it will be lovely when it's all done! Not sure when next weigh in will be and really stressing that my scales will weigh differently on the new flooring. Oh well, no good worrying.

Wel done Barb, another 2lb melted off, never to return :) Doing so well.

See, if you did feel any denial at the weekend, it has been more than worth it. Glad you had a good time.

Good luck with the new ensuite,bet its lovely when its finished...and just place those scales 'everywhere' around the room (or house! :) ) until you see the result that makes you smile ;)

Well done on loosing 2lbs hun. Considering everything going on with your mum that is a massive achievement so feel proud. Try not to beat yourself up over the wine either as it's not like you are drowning your sorrows every night. You have to be able to still live your life whilst you loose weight. I am soooo sorry things are so hard for you right now with the sadness of everything going on with your mum not that long after loosing your dad. Please know that all of (i am sure others won't mind me saying that) WILL be here to support you through the good and the bad times and with whatever happens to your mum. You have supported so many people including me so its our turn to support you back. Come on here and rant, moan, cry whatever. I promise you will never be alone and we will try and keep you on track with the diet too. (((((hugs))))) xxx

Back