Barb's going at it a little differently!

Hello lovely, sorry to hear about your mum, glad to hear that she's doing a bit better now.As long as she's comfortable that's the main thing.

Well done on those 2lbs! That's a fantastic achievement considering everything that's been going on; if you can lose now you can do it any time!

Best wishes, hope the ensuite renovation isn't too miserable.

Well done on loosing 2lbs hun. Considering everything going on with your mum that is a massive achievement so feel proud. Try not to beat yourself up over the wine either as it's not like you are drowning your sorrows every night. You have to be able to still live your life whilst you loose weight. I am soooo sorry things are so hard for you right now with the sadness of everything going on with your mum not that long after loosing your dad. Please know that all of (i am sure others won't mind me saying that) WILL be here to support you through the good and the bad times and with whatever happens to your mum. You have supported so many people including me so its our turn to support you back. Come on here and rant, moan, cry whatever. I promise you will never be alone and we will try and keep you on track with the diet too. (((((hugs))))) xxx

What a lovely post, thank you so much Rhi, it really helps when I read something so kind and thoughtful.:)

Thankyou to OTW and Emz too - it is so great to be supported and encouraged like this. I know I am going to keep going.;)

I read a piece in the Daily Mail online today about insufficient funding for the NHS to cope with obesity levels - how they need bigger beds, bigger ambulances etc.. My first thought was ' well that won't be a problem for me, because soon i won't be obese, I'll be overweight at worst and healthy and fit into the bargain'. :D
It was an 'automatic' thought. I think that shows how far i have come in my positive thinking. 10 weeks into my plan I am not flagging at all. I am in this to win it and I know I am going to. :D

Thank you to Clarri and Rose too of course, you two are always there for me and it is very much appreciated.

I am glad to be of help Barb :)

You've come a long way in just 10 short weeks. You sound like you have changed the way you think completely which is fantastic and will help you get to goal a lot quicker i am sure.

How's your mum doing today? x

Hi Rhi

Mum's about the same, very tired and short of breath, Dr's appointments tomorrow for more blood tests. It's her 90th birthday tomorrow and today she said to me she thinks she will start going backwards in years rather than adding them on! She still has a lovely sense of humour.

Awww bless her. Must be soo hard to cope with feeling so ill at that age.

Good on her for counting backwards after tomorrow. lol. She's not 90, she's 21 years old with 71 years of experience! :) xxx

The night out went well, ate sparingly, didn't drink and felt very pleased with myself. My reward? 2lbs off! So chuffed, with all that's going on right now that feels like a real achievement.

Plumbers start on our en suite today - dreading it, still it will be lovely when it's all done! Not sure when next weigh in will be and really stressing that my scales will weigh differently on the new flooring. Oh well, no good worrying.
Hi Barb,
So pleased you got that 2lbs off you wanted, you are doin great considering you are worried sick about your mum, its far from easy i know,its a long time since i lost my parents but i remember how surreal it is, hows she doing today? really hope shes comfortable, and hope you're having a good day:)

Yes Happy birthday to Barb's mum. :happy096::birthday:

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Barb's mum
Happy birthday to you.

I hope she's a bit more comfortable today xxx

Why thank you Rose hee hee :)

Heya Barb,
Hope you're having a lovely time with your Mum for her birthday.
Best wishes.
x

Thank you lovely ladies. We had a nice time, Mum was pleased with her pressies and coped well with the blood test but she was very weepy when it was time for me to go. DD1 went in later and walked Mum's yorkie and so that made a nice extra visitor. Expecting to hear from the doc later.

Bit of a complication is that i have come down with a nasty lurgy, sore throat/upperchest couhg and general feeling like death! Really should stay away from mum but just not possible. Very tricky.

Morning Barb,

Glad to hear she had a nice time and liked her pressies and also got an extra visitor. Good luck for hearing from the doctor later. Let us know how she's doing.

Sorry to hear your ill now. I hope your on the mend soon. Difficult being ill and still having to go see your mum as she's not well either. Fingers crossed she doesn't catch it. xxx

Hi Barb

glad to hear your mum had such a nice time yesterday:) Hope doc doesn't keep you waiting too long for results.

Get well soon, stock up on cold remedies, hope the germs get blasted soon and your mum is risk free.

Have a good day, take care x

Morning lovely ladies

well, i feel like complete rubbish today. Got a very nasty chesty cough and just feel flattened. The timing is awful, i just really have not got the time to be ill but I guess I have no choice. I've upped my inhalers and am having lots of warm drinks and will just have to be patient I suppose.

Can't go swimming which is such a disaster, I really don't want to miss it but I know i'm not well enough.

Food wise, no problem, don't feel like eating so just having soup really.

Hope you all have a good day.

Back