Barb's going at it a little differently!

I'm thinking of having a major re-vamp on the diet front. I have been looking at high protein diets and a lot of the info makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm going to do a bit more research and work out what a not very carnivorous person can eat on a high protein diet. I'll be back later with the plan!

Ok, plan in place - going to major on fish/eggs/cheese/lean meat and chicken. Going to make sure i have a proper breakfast every day and cut out the nibbles. Lots of veg instead of carby things like rice and potatoes.
Feel quite excited, definitely time for a shake up - if only to relieve the boredom!

With under 6 weeks to Christmas i feel inspired again - yes, that lovely party dress could well be in my sights.

Started the day on 3 rashers of bacon, 1 slice toasted nimble and some mushrooms! Feels weird but sort of exciting. Will be interesting to see how soon i get hungry!

Oooooh brekkie sounds delish! Probably cos I'm craving a full Irish today... strange one since I don't usually like them at all... (and no, I'm not pregnant!)

Your diet sounds very exciting... it's great to shake things up now and again. Otherwise we get bored and it's easy to fall off the wagon.

You've inspired me to make an omelette for dinner...mmmmm I love eggs :)

Have a fab day... you'll be in a gorgeous dress at Christmas ;)

Hi Barb x
Good luck with your new plan xx I mainly follow a high protein plan and it works for me :D:D

Well, no hunger pangs all morning - interesting. Went to aqua, came home and had a nice bowl of home-made chicken and veg soup. Could almost feel it doing me good. Then a nice bowl of cherries for afters!

Tonight I am going with steak and salad, new potatoes for other people but not for me!

Hmm, not too bad, although i did have some new pots with my steak. Thing is I just don't like meat particularly and i think this is going to be a struggle. I bought an interesting book yesterday; collins mini calorie guide. It has all the carbs/protein and cals and looks really helpful.

I think I will have to incorporate some carbs into my diet, just avoid too many and see how that goes.

Just eaten a scrambles egg and tbh, yuck!

Back from swimming, all good, nice bowl of soup and a little dark chocolate for pud. Feeling good.

Very busy afternoon, but have just cooked a yummy chilli prawn and vegetable stir fry. Really full up now! Looking forward to weigh in, it should be good at this rate!

Another good day, feel like my head is back where it should, finally! Got so many things to look forward to, just need to knuckle down and get this weight off for good. It is literally in my way!

I am hoping so much to see the 2 stone finally achieved this Friday. Then i can really move forward.

Just a quick hello to let you know I've not forgotten about you, so pleased you are 'in the zone' the results are going to be amazing, will post properly in the coming days :) take care x

Thanks Rose,

I feel thinner, my trousers are falling down but got on scales this morning(i know, i shouldn't) and i have not lost anything. We'll see tomorrow but i am not hopeful. Weird, as I am being so good.

It all balances out Barb, so even if you don't have a loss tomorrow don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing everything right so that's the main thing... :D

Thanks OTW - you are always so supportive.

well scraped finally to the two stone, 6 months exactly since I started. I'm pleased, it could have been more but it could have been less!

Now for the next one!

Sorry girls, i have been awol. just a mad weekend but all good. Off swimming shortly and still feel back in the zone, so hopeful to see another 1lb off this week!

I'm certainly hoping Rose. Something really seems to have clicked again and I am feeling good. I feel thinner, which is so nice, you see it on the scales but it doesn't always seem real.

Just back from the DLC - now doing 45 mins aqua plus 15mins exercise in the water. I think that is helping.

Also, when I need a chocolate fix I have a 'mini' bag of buttons, at 75cals the damage is very small but I suck each on very slowly and a bag lasts me quite a while!

Little tricks, but they work.

Back