Barb's going at it a little differently!

I'm ok Rose, just struggling to get back on track. Have managed 2 aqua classes though and know it is going to take a little while to get back to it properly. Weighed myself today, sufficient to say I clearly had VERY good Christmas. Woops!

Hi barb x am struggling too I thought I ve been so gd this week and the lil drink demon took hold and so I'm ready for a new start Monday . We will do it this year x x

I think we will too Katie, I am just alarmed at how fast the old bad habits have taken hold. It makes me think a 'break' is simply not worth it. A day or 2 is fine but a week or 5 is not.

Seriously wondering if I need to go into a definite cal counting plan to give myself structure and control.

I know exactly what you mean barb x I ve just been honest about my binge on my diary . I used to hide this behaviour before . I was doing so well and then middle of dec I stopped and I too am alarmed and ashamed if im honest at how quickly I got back into my bad habits .. The worst for me barb is kidding myself . I have spent years avoiding the truth of how big I ve got and so despite losing quite a bit I still kidded myself thinking I look ok at 19 stone !! So jn August I really put my heart and soul into it as you know because you dear lady inspired me to get back on the wagon and i reached 15 stone 3 and now a month later and nearly a stone heavier ( oh yes I had to. Try the scales :-( ) I cld get back to square one if i dont get control of this now but I won't go back because the one thing that has changed this time is I'm going to be honest and admit it if I ve cheated so I have but I want to get rid of this weight once and for all . My fat % has improved drastically as I had a gym assessment this week and it's not BMi as I thought but fat % and I ve gone from 60% to 39% . I don't want to jepodise that and want to have a healthy fat % which I'm getting there so ... I can and will do this x
Sorry to ramble Barb just glad I can talk to you as always . And you dear lady will Do this too you have done so well x x

Totally relate to both of you, as usual :)

I easily and happily? dropped back into not so healthy eating habits during my extended 'break' ;)..and i know the scales will reflect this on monday, but then i'll be able to see and believe just what damage i've done and how in the grand scale of things, its just not worth it!

2012 is the year, all three of us will emerge from the unhappy low self esteem days about our health and appearance and stand proud and the only massive thing about us, will be our grins :D :D :D

have a good day Barb :)

How fantastic that we all understand exactly how each other is feeling. That is the joy of our friendships, we all know the true feelings that we have about weight/weightloss/health and the struggle to make things happen.
I am going shopping this afternoon and i am not going to buy any rubbish. I have to get this healthy eating back into my life and stop messing about.
I know that the weight i have gained will just keep going up otherwise and i will soon, as you say Katie, be back to square one and I cannot face that; it has taken too much effort to make the progress, now it's heads down and lets get this job done. 2012, the last year we EVER go on a diet. Agreed?

100% agreed Barb x count me in ! I'm so lucky that you and lovely RR are in my life and believe me you have helped me so much so far never before have I admitted a blip or a failure and then you came along!!!
Thank you x x. Am very touched to be honest it is a very emotional thing trying to lose the weight and so very hard and when I meet people that are so supportive such as yourself means alot x x

Ok, have recorded my gain and am now head down to get it off. Cross but not too cross. What did I expect, go back to old bad habits and old bad results will appear.

Good day yesterday, shopped for super healthy stuff and feel positive that by Friday I will have knocked 2 or 3 of those lbs into touch!

100% agreed Barb x count me in ! I'm so lucky that you and lovely RR are in my life and believe me you have helped me so much so far never before have I admitted a blip or a failure and then you came along!!!
Thank you x x. Am very touched to be honest it is a very emotional thing trying to lose the weight and so very hard and when I meet people that are so supportive such as yourself means alot x x

WE are lucky to have you too Katie - we are working together and that is why this is going to happen for all of us this year. :D
Nothing is going to stop us now.

Totally agree Ladies :) :) :)..we are all lucky to have found each other AND yes Barb, this is the last year we ever feel the need to 'diet!' :)

10 wee lbs?..that will be off in no time at all lovey, 8-10lbs seems to be the kind of average weight gain for most of you...oh oh..wait until i record mine, 6 weeks of indulgence won't equal 8-10 lbs for me!!!! :)

Last edited:
Check out the Food Focus website. Totally free weight loss tools and very easy to use. I'm going to use it, could all help to keep focused and great for info and graphs.

Thank you Barb x x and RR
Am sure my official gain will be more tomorrow well had a sneaky peek and am in the 16 s again :-( still am drawing a line under it ... It's so refreshing to be doing this ladies I can not tell you the amount of years I ve lost so much before Xmas and then gained over Xmas and then would gain more and be back to square 1 ! Not this year tho am so glad I had the courage to be honest that's down to you !
So am all set for tomorrow ladies x x

Just been back on food focus, might have a new addiction. Please take a look, it is so good!

Well, I am sooooo back in the zone and it feels great. Been to Aqua this morning, really enjoyed. Loving putting in my food and exercise on the Food Focus site, it is making it all so easy and fun at the same time.

Excellent day yesterday. Good food, exercise and a positive feeling. Feels so great to be back on it and knowing that I am going to get there this year! Can't wait!

Happy new you (I mean ) YEAR!!!

Well done on your losses, not been around for a while but I'm back now to take charge of this weight.

Look forward to talking to you again x x

Thanks size 16, I think the new me is what i really want this year! I'm getting there already, I feel I am back fully in control and I def have the Food Focus site to thank as well as all my lovely friends on here. It is brilliant keeping all the facts in one place and seeing my exercise cals turned into food if I want and not if I don't. Loving it.

Aqua Zumba to day, should be fun, I enjoyed it last week even though it is very fast!

Back