Barb's New Diary (or same old, same old....)

Sorry, did I say might 'drink a little more than usual'? OMG I am terminal. Typing this is taking every ounce of strength I've got. Must go and lay down. Back later.

You got it Cheryl! Have managed to eat some dry frosties and feel slightly better. Still, I had the fun and now I'm paying for it so no sympathy deserved!

Hurray! I feel much better today! Woke early as have pesky gnat bite on my little toe that is driving me nuts! Still, have covered it in bite relief cream and am just pleased to be feeling better.

Had a nibbly day yesterday but did not go mad. Still wrote down every morsel and am looking forward to Mondays first weigh in. I think it will be quite good!
Weather looks much brighter today so hopefully will get out and about.

Thanks Cheryl - i hate self inflicted poorliness, it seems such a waste!

Yes, I think it is looking good. For a long time I have tried to lose weight ASAP and then fallen off the wagon because I have just made it too hard. This approach is different. It really made me think when I realsied that 3 years after joining Mini's all i have really done is tread water.. Just a little more thought and effort and I could have had a very slow but steady loss and i would now be where I want to be. So, here's to the next 3 years! Barb exits with a glass of sparkling water in hand, yes, she's learnt, well for this week anyway!

So, very good result for week one - chuffed! Not expecting that much very often, really aiming for .5-1lb a week. Still it's nice to get off to a good start.

Last night after dinner I was really fancying some chocolate - i knew there were some small bags of maltesers in the kitchen but after a lot of thought I decided not to have any! Why? Because I knew I could if I really wanted to but decided to do without if I could! I saved myself 100 cals and went to bed feeling pleased with myself! Every little helps!

Not quite so good yesterday - was feeling a bit off generally so ate a bit more than I should have. Wrote it all down though and don;t feel stressed by it at all. It's normal to eat more some days than others, at least i think it is.

Was feeling nibbly just now and went and sliced up a lovely apple, so thta I could nibble away and do myself some good at the same time!

Hi Barb just popped by to say hi and well done on ur week 1 loss thats fab.
I 2 am writing down every morsel that passes my lips even if it is free food, have bought an exercise book and leave it next to my pc and make sure every time i eat or drink i note it down, that way if one week my losses are not that good i can look back and see what my food choices were to make sure i dont make the same mistake the next week.
Hope u have a good week take care hun xxx

Thanks Roch - lovely to hear from you.

Have had a mad couple of days but am back on here, having got through stress and still written everything down! So quite pleased. Not going to break any records this week but thats fine - slow but sure this time for me!

Yesterday was a nice day - calorifically it wasn't good but it had some excellent parts to it!

Really very good all day; had desperate munchies in the afternoon so peeled a big Pink Lady apple and sliced it thinly. It covered a tea plate and I sat and nibbled it. I enjoyed it and it did me good. A couple of weeks ago I would have had chocolate or biscuits at that point, so I was well chuffed with myself.

It went a bit wrong later when DD1 came round and we sat in the garden having pretzels, dips and drinkies. It was lovely though, just us 2 nattering and enjoying some time together. Bit later DH got home and we 3 went out for a lovely thai meal.
Now I could get in a tiz and think thats mucked up the week for losing weight, but i am not going to think like that. I made lots of good decisions all week and thats the main thing; I'm not looking to lose weight in a hurry and I am not prepared to compromise my lifestyle totally either. I'm a person who enjoys nights out and celebrations, so what i have to do is be sensible the rest of the time. I really think I've got my head round it this time. I believe in the next year i will lose about 1.5 stone, the following about the same and then if I still want to the same in 2011. Thats the speed I'm looking at. In that time I should develop some really good habits which mean I don't even think to nibble on chocolate or biscuits and I most of the time automatically eat sensibly. I can do this, I just need to take my time.

A good weekend - had nice meals and a few drinks but didn't go mad. Last night we cooked some smoked haddock on the barbie and had it with salad and bread and butter. Really nice. Normally would have come in and had an ice cream or some chocolate but last night just felt satisfied and didn't need to have anything else.

Pleased with a lb off this week - tbh I was expecting sts, so I am very chuffed. I hope to achieve about the same this week, if i do that will be brilliant, if not then I still have plenty of time.
I have introduced a new 'biscuit' rule which I think is really helping. I am only buying tea fingers - at 22cals each if I have 6 I still havent done too much damage. Mostly, i just have 2-3 with my morning tea.

So, onwards and downwards.

A good day, feel back in the routine after the weekend. Very pleased with the choices I am making. Have discovered 'mini twister' lollies at juts 40 cals each. They are really yummy and make me feel like I have had quite a major treat without the excess cals!
Had a 'good choice' chinese last night and some wine, which was fine as I had taken the day very sensibly and could just enjoy without going mad. There were 4 of us so we had a choice of things but i just stayed away from the chicken balls and had plenty of veggies and boiled rice. Good!

A very good day till the evening, when ended up drinking cocktails in the garden and then eating ginger biscuits before bed. Damn!

Not doing so well this week. Not been too bad but feel a bit less motivated. Not sure why, just feel a bit 'off'. Still recording everything though and still know that this is the long haul and that some weeks will be better that others.

Quite amazed that another lb has gone. Very pleased. Had quite a naughty weekend on the drink front but not too bad foodwise I suppose. Didn't record daily over the weekend but ok with that. Back to it today.

Well, basically exactly what i said a week ago! OOps. Still, something must be working.

Hello Barb!

I see you are back into it and doing brilliantly! I am so pleased for you!

Well I haven't been on minimins for a couple of months, mostly due to family life taking over, stress..the usual! I haven't gone off the rails and put all the weight back on though, but a few pounds have definitely crept back on! Managed to lose 5 of them last week thankfully.

I've been too unmotivated (and a bit embarrassed tbh) to come back here and be the big failing dieting numpty :cry:

Maybe I should go back in to my diary and begin again, anyway, I just wanted to say well done and hope you really reach your goals this time hun! x

I don't have a secret really, I am just trying to be more aware of what i'm eating. I am a natural nibbler, food just disappears and I don't remember having it! So, 2 things really, I am trying not to bring too many naughties into the house and I am thinking before I eat. This week is a STS, which in view of the fact that we have eaten out 3 times, had a take-away and a lunch out that turned into a very booozy evening barbeque, isn't bad!
I think I have just recognized that there is no hurry; hence I don't feel the normal pressure. This is going to take 3 years, I'm going to have good weeks and i'm going to have bad. I can't continue making my whole life about my weight. It's a battle that i accept I will take a very long time winning and even then it's always going to be an issue. CP, you are no failure, as long as we keep trying we cannot be failures. Open up that diary again and get going.

Love

Back