Barb's New Diary (or same old, same old....)

Barb

Gold Member
Thought i'd start a new diary. Give myself the feeling of a fresh start even if it feels frighteningly repetitious!:(
Once again a holiday is lurking in the nto too distant and I am gripped by feelings of panic. Also I just feel so bloomin' unhealthy. So, with 8 weeks till we go I have decided to go back to my 'Food and Feelings Diary'. This has worked well in the past and allows me to be organised without being obsessive. I record everything I eat and drink and if is something i feel I shouldn't be eating then I record how I feel and why I'm eating it. ;)
I tend to do the odd random cal count, just to give myself a ball park of how I'm doing and I aim to lose a stone in the 8 weeks. More would be good but a stone would just make everything fit a bit better and I know that I feel so much better in every way a stone lighter than I am now.

So I am starting tomorrow - will record everything, spend a lot more time on here for support, tell no-one else in my 'real' life (as the pressure always knocks me off target) and hopefully get on with losing some weight.:D:D

week 1 week 2 week 3 week 4
week 5 week 6 week 7 week 8

Thought i'd start a new diary. Give myself the feeling of a fresh start even if it feels frighteningly repetitious!:(
Once again a holiday is lurking in the nto too distant and I am gripped by feelings of panic. Also I just feel so bloomin' unhealthy. So, with 8 weeks till we go I have decided to go back to my 'Food and Feelings Diary'. This has worked well in the past and allows me to be organised without being obsessive. I record everything I eat and drink and if is something i feel I shouldn't be eating then I record how I feel and why I'm eating it. ;)
I tend to do the odd random cal count, just to give myself a ball park of how I'm doing and I aim to lose a stone in the 8 weeks. More would be good but a stone would just make everything fit a bit better and I know that I feel so much better in every way a stone lighter than I am now.

So I am starting tomorrow - will record everything, spend a lot more time on here for support, tell no-one else in my 'real' life (as the pressure always knocks me off target) and hopefully get on with losing some weight.:D:D

week 1 week 2 week 3 week 4
week 5 week 6 week 7 week 8

Hello hun hows u, gosh its been a long time but i was awol for a long time lol.
So nice to see you posting again and am sure u will def drop that stone or more in the next 8 weeks.
Hope u have a good day hun take care and chat soon xxxxx

Hi Roch

yes, I've been AWOL a while. Thing is if my heads not in the right place then I just know I am wasting my time and everyone else's. I'm going with this low pressure approach in the hope that if I start off with modest hopes and plans I will not be knocked off course by small losses.
I'm ok, it's not been easy lately, or not for a while I suppose. My elderly parents continue to be a worry and a work etc.. has been frantic to. The kids are all ok - no-one's shot themselves or anything for a while, so thats a bonus!

You look to be doing well Roch, I was surprised to see from your ticker that you are SS'ing again. Hope that is working well for you.

Love and hugs

Thanks Acegirl - all support very gratefully received!

Day one and have woken up feeling in the right mood. Really looking forward to clothes feeling less snug!

Got the whole family coming round for a chinese take-away tongight so I will go with a veggie/prawn dish and steamed rice. That shouldn't cause to much damage!

Hi Barb, welcome back hun, sounds like you are in the zone again.

How about beansprouts or noodles instead of rice, thats what I usually have (so that I can save some cals for a 'ickle voddie and slimline - lol) x

Last edited:
Hi Cheryl - good idea! i'm not mad on noodles but i do love beansprouts so thats what i'll have.

How are you Cheryl? I haven't been around much lately and have lost track a bit.

Love

I am fine thank you hun, just plodding along. Going to see my Oncologist in 3 weeks to see when and if he is going to start Chemo for my latest lump (called "George" - the lump, not the oncologist lol)

Plodding sounds ok Cheryl - the lump, named or not, doesn't sound so great. I know you are a 'seasoned player' with this but it does seem unfair that you have to keep going through it. Hope he decides that chemo can be avoided - but I guess it's a waiting game.

Thinking of you and sending love,

First day done and feel very pleased. Writing everything down does make ALL the difference. Makes me realise how many extra biscuits/crisps/glasses of wine were creeping in again.

Had a lovely meal with the family, ate carefully but enjoyed and feeling very happy to be back in control again.

Woot Woot! Feels wonderful to have a good day under one's belt. Do you post your food in your diary or log it into a program (or a good ole notebook)?

I'm afraid I do it the hand written notebook way! I have tried doing it on here or in a seperate place on the computer but the thing is I like to read back quickly sometimes or just add in one item so hand written works for me!

Quite a good day 2 - had some wine in the evening but didn't lapse into nibbling all evening. Having to write everything down does bring on the self restraint. 2 tea fingers doesn't look too bad in the diary - 10 would!

Thanks Acegirl - you are so right, wine makes the slippery slope even slippyier!

Good day 3 - scared by how much nibbling I had started doing - I know because i keep thinking 'mm, a biscuit/bit of chocolate/crisps would be nice about now'. I think sensible eating, writing everything down, is really going to make a big difference. If I need to go back to cal counting i will but if this will do it then I will be very chuffed.

How easy it would be to stop caring. I was thinking about this today; I'd had a tricky morning and as always was thinking in terms of something nice to eat 'because I deserve it'. My problem is I want something nice NOW - and food is so accessible, so easy to placate myself with. Being slimmer would be nice too - but thats going to take time. So, what i have to accept is that if I want the long term treat of being slimmer I must forego the instant fix that is food! Hmmm, made me think anyway!

Well I think all of us "chubbettes" (said fondly) feel EXACTLY the same way! But you can resist!!! Or how about having a bunch of fruits and veggies around and anytime you get a craving you just eat a bunch of the good stuff to avoid the guilt. You will be full and that will help dispel the cravings. Keep it up Barb!!

You are so right Acegirl! I can resist and that is what i'm going to do. Feeling back in some sort of control is so much nicer than feeling hopeless and out of control. I'm not going to pile on the pressure though; about now is when I normally start thinking that eating even less will bring faster results and then the next thing i know is I have made it all too difficult and I crash and burn. I have been on Minimins over 3 years now and if I had lost just .5lb a week I would now be 75lbs lighter and firmly at goal (well, slightly lower than goal really!) so whats the rush? What would I rather; a continuance of going in circles losing/gaining the same stone, or a steady but slow loss that leads to a real result in the future? I choose the latter. I think they call this a light bulb moment!

I so wholeheartedly agree with this slow and steady approach. I've been around weight loss forums for a few years now as well and I see so many people who go all out and just crash and burn. It happens time and again and I always wonder what is the sudden rush to eat like 1000 calories a day when the previous day you ate with abandon. And after a few weeks or months of this, you never see them around the forum again..

Thanks Acegirl, it's lovely of you to be so supportive. Thing is if a diet is too hard it cannot be stuck to (well, not in my case) but this way of living i can do. I'm off out to a dinner party tonight, so I've kept today on the lowside so I can indulge a little more tonight if I want to. I haven't got those awful 'oh no, I'm going to wreck my diet' thoughts. It's just an evening when I might eat and drink a little more than usual. I can cut down a little tomorrow if I feel the need. What it DEFINATELY isn't is an excuse to say ' oh blow it, I give up, open the chocolate biscuits!'

I think this is the way forward. I am not expecting to weigh in on Monday and to have lost half a stone. I'll be delighted with 2lbs and from then on .5-1lb a week will be marvellous.

Back