Bargains today

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Went to asda with hubby while Conal was at a party today & near the entrance there was a rail with majorly reduced stuff. Now mainly it was ***** but there was a lovely coral pink long top (maybe a dress for some) with pretty sleeves & gorgeous detail on the neck, had been £14 & a pair of size 20 dark denim kick flare jeans again been £14. For the two things I paid a sum total of £3.50!!!! The top looks gorgeous, the jeans are a birthday aim as although they do up they're not attractive & give me right muffin top lol! I could wear a long top with them but I'd rather save them til they look as good as they should....

Ooh & a friend of my hubby's who I've known for 10 years didn't recognise me today, he said when I walked in he didn't know it was me - major compliment!!!!!

how brilliant - love a bargain. how bril someone not recognising you with your weight loss.

Ooooooo fab. Love a bargain & you must have transformed yourself if you weren't recognised. You must be feeling so good x

Love a bargain;) especially when losing weight as you just don't know how long you will get out them as hopefully size decreasing;) fantastic about hubby's friend, such a good feeling;) x

Went to asda with hubby while Conal was at a party today & near the entrance there was a rail with majorly reduced stuff. Now mainly it was ***** but there was a lovely coral pink long top (maybe a dress for some) with pretty sleeves & gorgeous detail on the neck, had been £14 & a pair of size 20 dark denim kick flare jeans again been £14. For the two things I paid a sum total of £3.50!!!! The top looks gorgeous, the jeans are a birthday aim as although they do up they're not attractive & give me right muffin top lol! I could wear a long top with them but I'd rather save them til they look as good as they should....

Ooh & a friend of my hubby's who I've known for 10 years didn't recognise me today, he said when I walked in he didn't know it was me - major compliment!!!!!

Love this post!! :)

I bought some Kick flares in sale in George yesterday aswell, bought some last week in a size 20 (snap :) hehe) but when got them home, they didnt fit! I was horrified, put them up next to the ones ive got already from last week and there was 2 inches difference!

hobnobsmummy said:
Love this post!! :)

I bought some Kick flares in sale in George yesterday aswell, bought some last week in a size 20 (snap :) hehe) but when got them home, they didnt fit! I was horrified, put them up next to the ones ive got already from last week and there was 2 inches difference!

Mine don't fit either honey, well some people would wear them that right but I wouldn't!!!! I think Asda are quite small actually, my jeans that granted are too big that are from there are a 24 but in most places I'm a 20 now.... Did you only pay £1.75 for yours too x

my 24s just fall to the floor, my 22's i have to wear a belt on the next to last hole so they are all bunched up lol, and my 20's fit without a belt but i do have to pull them up now and again. Ive got a pair of 20's from asda and a pair of 20's from Dotty P's and they both fit fine, yet the ones i bought in the sale are 2 inches different to the ones ive already got. I paid £7 for mine! they were half price I think. Makes me wonder why only those ones were half price and not the exact same ones behind it...lol.

Sizing is a strange thing hey!!!!

Bet they're the same jeans then as mine were meant to be 14 quid too. They're a bit low rise style too which isn't really good for me!!!

I'll have to check out Asda to see if I can find some bargains. At the mo I'm still wearing a lot of my 22 stuff which is far too big now but I hate to waste money by spending lots on clothes whilst I'm still trying to lose weight. I found a couple of pairs of cheap Tesco work trousers in an 18 and I can just about do them up now but they are so tight. Don't want to buy the size 20 trousers just to wear for (hopefully) two or three weeks till the 18's are a better fit so I'm going to carry on with the 22's and just sew a little pleat into the waist band today for safety reasons lol. What I really want is a new swimdress if I can find a reasonable priced one :)

Sainsburys had some swimwear reduced! I bought a tankini with short style pants with it so more flattering than a bikini bottom. Don't get me wrong I may still cause some slight vomiting of skinnies but it's not horrendous lol

Ohh! I'll take a look in Sainsburys. I saw some lovely swimdresses and a costume made to look like a tankini in Evans but they are all £30 upwards. I don't think I could wear a normal cossie right now though cos I have a horrible tummy which I'm hoping will bugger off as the weight goes

Lexie2005 said:
Me, Kirsty & Kat had a long chat about hating pur tummies yesterday!!!!

I bought a all in one swimsuit, with high legs and my tummy sticks out the side.. Def sending it back!! Need a low leg swimsuit...

Mis-behave said:
I bought a all in one swimsuit, with high legs and my tummy sticks out the side.. Def sending it back!! Need a low leg swimsuit...

Oh yes. I remember trying that look. It's not a good one !!! xxx

It's not does my bum look big .. But doesn't my tummy look big..

I'm not suited to any cossies right now and my tummy is definately my worst bit of all. Forget my wobbly thighs and big bum, if I could get rid of one thing it would be my jelly belly lol!

I hate my thighs and my bingo wings and my spare tyre the most. I can deal with a podgy tummy, I can deal with a big arse but those 3 flabby bits do my head in lol.
I HATE wearing Swimming Costumes or tops without sleeves, I am always wearing a cardy or shrug to cover up my arms and in the summer this year I hope to finally be a bit more brave after having lost a bit more weight on my arms.
I need to do weight training to tone underneath them I think but just dont have the time for it at the moment :(

Apparently best thing for toning bingo wings is using the stairs so squat in front of them with your arms behind you on the stairs & lift yourself up & down - does that make any sense???

Haha this made me laugh so much Lex..
Only because we live in a first floor maisonette, so we dont have stairs inside...and I had images in my head of me doing these squats on the stairs outside in front of all the neighbours lol.
When we move house that will be no problem! :)

I'm in the wobbly tummy club in fact I think I may be queen! Lol
X

Back