Discussion in 'Slim And Save' started by Zoe66, 18 June 2014.

1. Zoe66

Zoe66 Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to mix vlcd bars I don't like slim and save or Cambridge but like Akins would that be ok I need a chocolate bar of some sort just now and again someone said dark chocolate 85% would be better just a few squares to take the craving away any ideas or any other company's that do bars that don't have that healthy aftertaste that's the bit I don't like to start with they are ok but when they dissolve in your mouth yuk !!! Please help getting desperate !!!xx
  2. Tequila1

Tequila1 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the s & s bars personally but I think if you find one that's the same or similar carb & calorie allowance I guess it won't make much different. The s & s ones have been fortified with 25% of your RDAs for everything so you may need to take a multi vit if you're bothered about that.
  3. Zoe66

Zoe66 Well-Known Member

Thankyou for answering will have to have a look on ingredients it's a shame they don't do a crispy one or something like that xx
  4. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

You can buy lighter life bars in superdrug but they are pricey compared to s and s
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using mobile app
  5. Zoe66

Zoe66 Well-Known Member

Yes saw those but they have the same texture :-( xxx
  6. LittleMissPipedream

LittleMissPipedream Active Member

It really depends which ones you try. I am a fan of the S&S coconut crunch and lemon crunch bars. They don't have that same chemical taste following. I think they also do a crispy toffee type one also? Some of the ones I ordered tasted absolutely horrid though I must say. Thought I'd give them all a try & ordered 3 months worth lol!

Rachel x
  7. cf70

cf70 Well-Known Member

I love the atkins ones too! I just find with the bars it doesn't satisfy me in the same way as a meal/shake.