Batch cooking/freezing tomorrow to get back ontrack! Any ideas??

pumpkin2008

Evening all. I'm planning on spending tomorrow batch cooking and freezing lunchs, as I have been messing around for ages now with the same lbs on then off etc, so I want to have a freezer full of free or low-syn meals and treats.
Am just about to sift through the recipe folder and old magazines but if anyone has any ideas or advice please let me know!
Does anyone else do this and if so what do you make?
A few weeks ago I made lasagne, chicken safrio (i think thats it!), chicken chasseur, curry, and meatballs in tomato sauce. All are gone now so looking new ideas x

Chilli, tomato sauce to have with pasta etc, cottage pie, curry .

Basic bolognase mix (mince in tom sauce) That can then be defrosted and left as bolognase or made into chilli or lasagne, or a curry.

Soup is another good one, especially for lunches. Asda do some small cylindrical tupperware which are about the size of a tin of soup, at about 30p, and I make a batch of 5 in one go to pop in the freezer.
Also, with soup, you can use all speed foods (swede, carrot etc)

Ummm.... I think that's all I can think of for now!

Emma xXx

I've made bolognese and curry sauce's and frozen them, but I only have a small freezer so I haven't the room to do any batch cooking.

Good luck with it, they sound lovely.

Hiya pumpkin,

I often batch cook and I make things like -
quorn sausage casserole (quorn sausages, garlic, onions,tinned tomatoes and veg)
free soups
chilli
canneloni
beef stew
potato bake (sliced potatoes, onions, musrooms, chopped peppers, packet of cheese sauce sprinkled with cheese and baked)
curry
lamb hotpot
pasta bake

All pretty easy and free or low syned. Hope it gives you a few ideas xxx

Goulash, chicken and sausage (use quorn sausages) hot pot or beef and tomato ragout...all free on red or EE, all can be eaten with plain boiled rice on an EE day and all found in the SW one pot wonders recipe book.

I think the chicken and sausage and the beef ragout recipes are also in the recipe section on here somewhere. I remember someone once asking me for the recipes.

Back