bathroom scales?

lastdiet4me

Silver Member
hi everyone, i was wondering what bathroom scales you all use as a little while ago i bought the glass WW ones which seemed ok when i first got them but over the last couple of weeks they have been really random, i get on em, get off, get back on and ive either lost 2lb or gained a lb lol i weigh daily but my weekly weigh in on a thursday i only weigh first thing in the morning and only ONCE otherwise i would really be disheartened if they told me id lost then 2 seconds later id had a 2lb gain..lol so which scales do you all use? thanks in advance xxx

hi there....

sometimes is not the scales its u....whats ur balance like? coz with ma sister whenever she weighs her self it always changes and takes ages to stop aswel...but wen i weigh myself on the same scale its fine...its ur stablilty.....

I had ww ones and they were rubbish, changed weight everytime.. my work also bought a pair for a slimming club and they ended up replacing them. But u never know... Could be your balance. Have read good reviews on websites about ww ones perhaps its a certain model.

Iv got glass ones from tesco. I know scales can b temperamental at times so i always weigh 2/3 times in a row to make sure its right

I have the Salter glass electronic ones. They don't record a weight until you've been still for enough seconds, they weigh in fractions of pounds which is important if you are on a slow loss week as every little helps :), and they weigh the same each time even if I move them. I checked this when I first bought them but I don't bother now as they weighed the same so consistently so I only weigh once as I know it won't change if I get on again. My old ones (forget the make) used to weigh me differently almost every time and it used to pee me off. Would much rather be given 1 weight and stick with it, even if the weight you're given is not that pleasing ;)

I have got some Tanita Scales that do/measure everything!

A bit over the top as they cost £120 but I did get them at half price :) and they are reliable unlike my previous purchases.

Hope you find a decent set

hi all, thanks for replying ive been googling all afternoon and been looking on the amazon site and the tanita scales seem to come out the best, i dont think its my balance as i use the wii and theres a balance setting on there and ive never had a problem although not sure if thats reliable either..lol the WW ones show the weight once ive been still for a while but then as soon as i get off and back on the reading is totally different so i think its def the scales, thanks again everyone i think ill look into the tanita ones x

Back