BaysideJ's Diary- one year on plan!!!!(most of the time)

I guess you are content with a STS, it could have been worse :)

Why not come to my next meeting on Tuesday, have a change of scenery? I will be more than happy to deliver said kick up the backside personally hehe. I could meet you at the station it is only 5 mins from there.

Hope you find your mojo again, and you can settle into a focused 100% week with ease which is what you need x

thanks for the support Dave, hopefully this week will be better, it's so hard to keep focused when you feel so much better about how you look and people say- oh you don't need to lose any more weight; i do!!!!but just need to refocus. Will try harder this weekend, and i'll try to get more exercise too as that has fallen by the wayside a bit with this cold weather.

If it helps I can follow you around calling you a fat hippo? hehe

I was serious though about Tuesday, why not come visit another group? You could be a real inspiration to some of our gang and it would be great to see you again :)

Well done on your sts hun ~ you didn't put on and that is good :) Weekends are the hardest but with some planning you can do it! You are getting near to target too so it will get harder to lose. Exercise definately helps speed things a long. Have a lovely weekend hun and don't be too hard on yourself ~ your loss to date has been so inspiring xx

sticking to my class for now Dave, my scales don't look good, been 100% all week apart from lovely Indian takeaway on Saturday. Need to up the exercise levels to get the weight moving again i think. WI tomorrow.

wi today, am hoping to go still but it depends on the weather, it's snowing here and starting to settle, my class is about 7 miles away so i'll go if the weather is not too bad. My scales looked a little better this morning but you can't tell till you step on the special SW ones:)

didn't go in the end, picked my daughter up from bus stop and in the short journey home had 2 slides in the car so didn't want to chance the journey just to weigh and go. Roads are so icy, don't know when the gritters last came round on the bus route but i slid down a hill:( My scales show a small loss so i'll continue to try hard and hope for a good loss this week. just went for a walk to the shop and nearly slippe over a few times; but at least it was exercise lol!

Shame you couldn't make it to class but it's not the weighing that helps you lose weight, it's your efforts in between. It is probably frustrating not knowing how you did that week but there's no reason that after another 100% week (maybe without an indian *cough* haha) you can't have a doubly good loss next Wednesday :)

When you had your indian did you have it off plan or on? When I had mine, and OMG I can still taste it it was fabulous, I went syn free on the day but then came off plan. I think the SWC calls it flexi-synning but it is definitely cheating in my book. But cheating is only bad if you lie to YOURSELF about it. When you are knowingly and willingly coming off plan it is called treating, instead.

As for not eating enough that seems to be the most common problem with people on SW. It is staggering how much you could and should eat for it to work as effective as possible. You already know that better than most of course. Do you think you are doing something different now to how you did in the past? Have you got any old food diaries you could refer to just to comapare? I am forever looking back through my food diaries for one reason or another lol.

Shame you aren't coming to my WI though, would have been great to see you again. My classes loss is yours gain. When you can get there lol.

All the best, and good luck for a great week of weight loss :)

at home today cos of the snow, couldn't even get off my drive, 15 mins of sliding and it's only a small slope! Then i found out that my school is shut anyway! So may wrap up warm and trek down to the beach with the kids.

I did enjoy my curry night Dave, I had 2 poppadoms, half a veggie biryani and curry, plus a few bombay potatoes and mushroom bhaji. I took it as a flexi day ( everything else on plan), had 5 syns that day too. i reduced syns for the next couple of days too, (8 and 6). I know the plan works, it's more mind games! At first i was so determined and stuck to plan rigidly, thinking about every morsel that i ate or drank, the weight came off quickly as i had a lot to lose. Now i am less strict, i stick to plan 100% during the week but do have the odd nibble of something i should count from time to time (just now and again eg last night i bit a tiny piece of my daughter's Toffeee crisp bar !)But in the grand scheme of things i am sticking to plan and do want to lose another one and a half stone ( and maybe more!)

I may visit your class one day Dave, my class is convenient cos it's near to where i work, and i live about 7 miles the other way from it so it would be even further to your class. Is your class very different to ours?

Hope you are all having a good week.

well, a good day again, 100% on plan. Back at work today as the snow was melting. But now i'm on holiday!!!! a week off work, woo hoo:) Brought loads home to do but at least i can have a lie in each day:)
Lets see if i can keep my willpower going, really want a good loss on Wednesday as it'll be 2 weeks worth, maybe i'll get below my pre xmas weight soon;)

Hello Bayside, thought I'd catch up with you and what you're doing. Seems that you're struggling a little and maybe some of those comments about 'you don't need to lose any more weight' are getting through? At the end of the day though if you agree with them then just try to maintain but I suspect you're not and want to lose until you get to your own personal target.

I know at my own group meetings that there are women there who look perfectly fine to me but they are obviously unhappy and want to lose some, no matter how small the loss, and they need encouragement as much as people like me who have lots to lose :)

I wish you well and hope that your weigh in this week is a good one :)

hi Marie, good to see you're still sticking with SW and doing so well. I was doing pretty well till xmas then put on loads and it's taking me ages to shift it! But I'll get there. I'm not near to where I want to be yet and will keep going:)

oh, forgot to say, i decided to measure myself again this morning, have been on SW for almost a year and have lost 10 inches off my bust, 9 off my waist and 11 off my hips:) I'm shrinking!!!!!

wow great to do the measurements.

I think the post christmas time is so hard especially with the rubbish weather we have had.

I actually feel like I have had the best week this week since christmas which seems ridiculous but something just clicked back in my head. (oh and finally ALL the christmas chocs are gone, unfortunately mostly in me lol)

glad things are starting to work for you again derbynanny. I think i'm back in the zone again now, even having syn free food for Valentine's day, though i did go over on my syns for the day as had wine for a treat (rarely drink wine now).
Am going to cook up your Cowboy pie tonight so looking forward to trying something new and that the kids will eat too (they are so picky!!)
Hope everyone is having a good week, i'm off work for the week so can get on with the decluttering and decorating.

Hi hun, sorry I haven't been around for awhile ~ fantastic to hear how many inches you have lost! It's very motivational. Glad to hear you had a lovely weekend ~ I also had some wine at the weekend, my first in 6 weeks and I must say I enjoyed it! Good luck for WI on wed night, will pop by to see how you got on xx

Seems like you're getting back in the swing of it again Bayside, and good idea to measure and see how many inches you'd lost. Very impressive! I wish I'd taken my measurements at the start but you feel bad enough as it is without piling on the misery by measuring yourself. I have a rough idea but don't have a tape measure to compare now, I can only go by trying clothes on in shops. I don't really buy anything, I just like to see if I can fit into a smaller size lol. A part of me still wants the familiarity of picking up my usual size in case the smaller ones don't fit though, how strange! I did buy myself some leggings though (usually the worse thing you can buy if you have tree trunk legs like mine!) but at least my legs now resemble two slightly thinner tree trunks :D :D

Good luck for your weigh in on Wednesday, I'll have my fingers crossed for you x

Back