BBC weight loss program

I found this a very interesting programme although I saw it (or something similar) quite a while ago. I have started having a bowl of soup at lunch time and it really works well.

SilverS

Just trawling for inspiration on the site, I found yr thread. I missed this prog, though I expect it'll be repeated sometime. Some of this fits with the articles and books by Gary Taubes (see his website), but he has interesting research on exercise for weight loss, as the evidence suggests that it doesn't work for weight loss. However it is important for lots of other reasons such as heart, muscle tone and metabolism, brain function, mobility of joints etc.

Great thread. For past 6 mths i have started my day off with a protein shake with skimmed milk, bran and flaxseeds.

It delivers a great start to my day, kickstarts my metabolism (body has to work harder to break down proteins) and keeps me full. Diary has, imho, been unfairly treated given that research into its affect on weight loss isn't exactly new. Good to see both the programme and the thread raising it.

Definitely gonna have more soups for lunch. Thanks for the info :)

Would fat Free be classed as low fat, do you actually need some fat for it to work?

I shouldn't think so, as they only talk about what the calcium in the milk does.

Edit: I mean I shouldn't think it needs some fat to work or they would have said so.

Last edited:
I shouldn't think so, as they only talk about what the calcium in the milk does.

Edit: I mean I shouldn't think it needs some fat to work or they would have said so.

Yup just watched the clip on youtube they just said Calcium. Fat free dairy still has that in as far as I know.

Thanks

I've heard about this program, it's really interesting about how long after exercising you carry on burning calories for.

Not heard of it

I read some of these points in a good food magazine recently and it was facinating! I loved the part about the low fat dairy! So many people tend to try and cut out dairy when dieting and by the sounds of it it does more harm than good!!I was shocked about how long you burn calories for after excercising also WOW! I will defo be looking into more low pp soup threads on here from now on :D Great post!! :0clapper:

Hi this is a good read- the exercise afterburn is amazing- defo makes you want to do a bit more not sure I could do 90 minutes on the treadmill though

Back