BBQ's and Picnics on WW

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by HungryHealthyHappy, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. HungryHealthyHappy

HungryHealthyHappy Banned

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(38.56%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hello!
    Apologies if this has already been discussed. Have had a look around but couldn't find anything - so if it has already been talked about, please point me in that direction. :)
    Now the weather is starting to get nicer, there are more oppurtunites to eat outside with BBQ's and Picnics. I don't know about all of you, but I tend to eat more at these times because there is always so much food to pick at. However, saying that - there are always lots of healthy/lower point options to be had in the summer.

So....
    Do any of you have any BBQ/Picnic food recipes to share that are low in points? Or have any general tips for being on WW whilst having BBQ's and Picnics.

I am off into my garden now to have a BBQ. Lots of quorn and salad for me :cool:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I would go for quorn burgers, suasages, BBQ corn on the cob is amazing, vegetarian kebabs with something like light Halloumi cheese (won't melt and fall apart), Jacket potatoes are good on the BBQ as well. How about some large cubes of tofu?

4. Twiggy

Twiggy Is in the Zone

Diet:
    WW
    Barbequed fresh Pineapple slices are lovely for that sweet fix :) They go reallly juicy :)

Twigs
    xx

5. HungryHealthyHappy

HungryHealthyHappy Banned

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(38.56%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Thanks for the tips! I LOVE halloumi! Someone said that you can get low fat versions of it, but I can't seem to find that in my Asda!

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Quorn stuff is great. Also if youre buying cold meats etc for picnic just have a look at the kcals, a lot work out at 2 slices for half a point - great value ;)

7. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Tescos definintely do Light Halloumi, but my Asda do it as well

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.