Be Good To Yourself

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Cerulean, 3 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Okay. So I'm sniffling. I'm having a good cry, because I have cried less this year than any other year in my life.

I don;t like my life at the moment - and if there's one thing I have learned not just this year, but over the last 5 years, if you don't like something, you can change it.

My problem is that getting to goal wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I was still too focused on the food when I got there 'Oh the things I can eat when I get to such and such a week', I thought to myself. 'I'll never eat badly again!' I thought.

Well - we all know what happened, I was one of the victims of the sugarcrack fairy - or to put it another way - I allowed myself a hit of sugar too early in the game and totally lost all control.

I have regularly been eating over 10 chocolate bars a day. At one point I was purging, but in order to break the cycle, I put a stop to that bit - alas, that means that until you can get rid of the bingeing, you put on weight. It's nothing drastic, I'm not fat, but I have tipped over into overweight by half a stone or so.

So I kind of want to say 'AND IT STOPS HERE' but drawing a line like that has never worked for me, too many voices all at once jumping in and saying 'not this again, you never succeed' - and that's a pattern of behaviour I never want to return to.

So. I am keeping it simple. Back to the food diary, back to the thought records (even though my chatterbox just sighed dramatically and pulled a face) and back to just plain giving myself some good food and nt fixating on it too much. I know I have to veto anything with sugar in it, but how is that a hardship? I am already in a good place with so many other things I thought would never be okay taht I'm sure I can eventually turn the odd sugary thing into an occasional think I do participate in. Just not this week!

Maybe I'm just on the accelerated learning course, maybe I'm just doing what some people do after they finish management - but I think I can get back where I was. I'd like to be 10st 4 again and eating normally.

So. Sarah. By the end of November I will be 10st 4 and eating 3 nutritious meals a day with the odd snack. By balancing exercise and eating choices you will be able to maintain this weight.

The blog's back up.

Oh - this is going to sound really weird, but comments and advice tend to make me react quite negatively. It's my thing - hope that's okay with you guys (yes of course I ask myself why!)

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Not saying a word!! ;)

4. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Sorry if I contributed to that. I am the opposite really and feel ignored if there are no comments and so I try to be to others what I would want. But I guess it just proves we're all different...

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Good post!:ignore:

6. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Honesty , sweet honesty, thats what we love about you.

7. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Oh no Sandra...it's me rather than anyone else - I don't take comments of any sort about what I might do very well - I either brush them off and feel awful for doing so or I get angry. It was the conversation with my mum last night that brought it all to a head. So I thought I'd do things one step at a time - start talking about my journey again and then slowly start to open up from there. I was just asking for what I need right now.

Mrs Depp likes this.
  8. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    sarah, all your posts positive or negative people can aliken to.

xx

9. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    zzzzzzippppp!!!

Best of luck, anyhoo!

10. 6stlost

6stlost Full Member

Right there with you. I understand.

11. Mrs Lard

Mrs Lard Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Well done, Sarah, for recognising all of this. And, as you know, right there with you too!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mrs Lxxx

12. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    I just want to say that I too have just realised that being overweight gives you lots of reasons for unhappiness and its easy to blame being big for how you feel. I was like this and one thing I have really learned from losing 7 stone and actually looking like the person I always wanted to be , I now have to be that person and its not so easy. The problem with losing weight is , thoughyou change on the outside , you can still be the same person on the inside with all the same insecurities and worries, its a difficult subject , thankyou Sarah for being honest enough to post.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.