Beating the Bulge... once and for all

What's ur lentil soup like Hun? Xx

Amazing!

I cube two carrots and three shallots. Sweat them in a pan. Add about 2cm of chopped ginger and a large clove of garlic, let it sweat a teeny bit. Add about 250g of lentils (I mixed red, green and puy) Let the lentils soften a little. Then I add a stock cube mixed with a little boiled water to get the lentils going. Then I keep topping up with water until the lentils are cooked.

I blitz with a handblender, adding water to get the right consitency. Makes about 3 decent sized bowl fulls

x

Yesterday EE

B: Scrambled eggs on toast (hex b) with grilled tomato and mushroom
L: Pork lasagne leftovers with salad. (half hex a) Yoghurt
D: Salmon stir fry
S: Melon and grapes, Go ahead yoghurt slices (7syns) Muller light with black cherry (1.5syns) 2 baby bel lights (half hex a)

Today:
B: Porridge (hex b) with 150ml full fat milk (hex a), cinnamon and apple
L: Lentil soup with two corn thins (2syns)
D: Grilled chicken with jacket potato and salad
s: Melon and grape, banana, Snack a jack caramel (2.5syns)

Weekly syns: 24/70

Felt it necesdsary to point out that today I wore a dress that was brought by my Mum for me last year from a charity shop. Hadn't been able to wear it before because it was too tight. Very happy me.

Also, no snack a jacks but an alpen light. Also had a packet of mini eggs (my boss brought me them and before I know they had disappeared down my gullet!)

So weekly syns come to 33.5/70

Not too bothered as I went to training last night and did lots of fitness and have training tomorrow. I'll be jumping on my Wii fit this evening just for something to do.

x

God mini eggs are just too good aren't they! Little pockets of choclatey goodness....I love that first sugary taste when you pop them in your mouth...hehe must stop as I'm salivating on the train! :)
Great news on the dress too! Isn't it amazing when suddenly you have new outfits in your wardrobe every morning without spending a penny! Xxx

Hi Hun, just catching up after a very busy few days

well done on your dress, gings right, you too seem to be getting lots of new outfits, it's fab!
Quick question, how did you do the cheese sauce for your lasagna? Xx

It was from the latest SW magazine. From the top of my head it was 2 beaten eggs with a tablespoon of tomato puree, teaspoon of mixed herbs and a couple of tablespoons of philly. Mix it all up and pour over the top. The top being sliced courgettes.

Ok, so today I made the executive decision to move my 70syns a week to the full 105 a week. Moving the goalposts slightly perhaps, but I don't think 10 a day are all that easy to stick to when you have last minute plans! That and I'm possibly out drinking tomorrow with rugby girls and want to have a bit of leeway.

Yesterday EE

B: French toast (hex b) with fruit
L: Leftover lasange (1/2 hex a) with mixed salad
D: Spaghetti bolagnaise with extra veggies and parmesan (1/2 hex a)
S: Yoghurt, apple, clementines, alpen bar (3syn) 2 glasses prosecco (8 syns)

Today EE
B: Fruit and yoghurt with alpen bar (1/2 hex b)
L: Salad with sardines in tomato sauce
D: Steak with potatoes, peas, mushrooms, onions with peppercorn sauce (4.5syns)
S: Chocolate mousse (4 syns) apple, clementines, banana, starbucks skinny latte with sugar free syrup (hex a)

Weekly syns: 52/105

STS this week, had a blow out at the weekend so hardly unexpected. Although I did stick to drinking vodka diet coke, so limited some damage. It was my hangover on Sunday that probably did it.

Noticed a trend with my weightloss atm, I have a good weightloss one week and then over compensate the next week with over indulgence thinking "oh but i did so well last week". SO i guess I need to break that habit.

Feeling like crap today, really under the weather. Not nice, especially as I'm home alone for the week, so no one to look after me! Training's cancelled tonight so I doubt I'll get any fitness in. Which i desperately need to start shifting this weight.

Had a read of my first post as well, made me feel bad. It's now 6 weeks to my birthday and I don't think I'll be at my target of 12st 5. Haven't even lost a full stone yet

Generally feeling crap, crap, crap.

x

Hi huni! How you getting on?! I remember reading your first post and absolutely loving it...hence why I subscribed! Are you feeling any better or revved up than you were a few days ago?! Sending lots of love and positive slimming thoughts! Xxx

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you spend lots of time with the lovely ladies that created us!

Thanks for your kind words, I've been logging on this week but just not posting. Felt pretty rubbish all week, was home alone so I think the minor stresses of keeping house and cat alive whilst I held down a 9-5 probably took it's toll. Also a bit disheartened by the whole weightloss thing. I didn't give up though, I plodded through the week with some variations. Although I think the change in diet made me ill, had really bad stomach aches all week. Very odd. Syn wise I'm not sure how I've done, made some good decisions at the curry house yesterday using the mag for guidance, but may have been lax during the week. Can't really remember.

Here's a weekly food update mainly for my own piece of mind.

Monday. Breakfast: Porridge (b1) with almond milk (a1) banana Lunch: Butternut squash, sweet potato and chikpea soup w/ 4 dark rye ryvita (b2) Dinner: Mushroom risotto w/ philly light (a2) Snacks: (7) go ahead yoghurt break (3) splash of wine in risotto

Tuesday. B: Toast (b1) poached egg, beans L: Soup w/ 4 ryvita (b2) & babybel (a2) D: Couscous salad S: (7) chocolate

Wednesday. Sick day from work. B: Fruit & yoghurt L: Egg and soldiers (b1) D: Thai green curry & rice S: can't remember, all a blur!

Thursday. B: Spinach omlette L: Soup w/ 2 ryvita (b1) babybel (a1) D: Couscous salad S: (10) Cake from work colleague. 2 Alpen light bars (b2)

Friday. B: Porridge (b1) with skimmed milk (1/2 a1) L: Chicken salad w/ 2 babybel (1/2 a2) D: Pork stew and veg w/ slice brown bread (b2) S: Chocolate (10)

Saturday. B: Magic pancakes (b1) w/ fruit & yoghurt L: Salad D: Salmon tikka (4 syns) Chicken dhansak (6 1/2) Poppadom (4 1/2) Boiled rice. Veg sides (10) S: Muffin (6)

Sunday. B: Fruit and yoghurt w/ alpen light (b1) L: Salad w/ tinned fish D: Roast gammon w/ roast pots (4syns) and veg S: Homemade lemon drizzle cake (10)

So syn count for the week seems to be 78/105. However I'm almost certain that other thigns have crept in there. So I'm going with a full syn quota.

Didn't manage any exercise this week, aside from the usual running for trains and walking up and down various escalators. I did however fully clean the house yesterday, dusted, hoovered, hung out washing, cleaned toilets etc so that's some body magic in there. I'm going to sit down this evening and print out all the stuff from the website so I can record my meals and body magic for the week. Totally go back to basics. Also my Mum is trying to get back into it, as she's been very lax as of late and has been skiing for a week.

Onwards and upwards (or downwards on the scales!)

Becca x

Hi Becca!

Hope you feel better this week...how strange re the stomach pains...do you have any idea what might have triggered them?!

Your food always looks so tasty and varied! :)

Don't lose faith, stick with it! And I'm sure having your mum getting on board with it will help too...I did it a few years ago with my mum and we were a good support for each other to stay on the straight and narrow! Plus we're always here to go some virtual words of encouragement or support if needed! Good luck this week lovely! Xxx

Hi Hun, good luck with your fresh start, having your mum back helping you with, you can help her too. It's hard work being on your own, it gets so lonely, well for me it does and then I eat.
Your off week plan doesn't sound too awful, you could have been so much worse Hun, you should be pleased with yourself! Let us know how you get on, and were always here if you need us. X

Afternoon,

Taking a leaf out of a fellow SW members book and switching my WI day to Saturday mornings. This will stop my weekend guilt and spur me on to make healthy choices at the weekend. Reason for said decision is my scales telling me I'd put on two pounds on Monday morning - which I didn't count because it depressed me. Happily this morning I am back to 13st7.5. So I now won't WI until Saturday morning and log that as this weeks weight. Despite it meaning that whatever my loss is this week technically over two weeks, anything is better than nothing!

My Mum's back on the SW wagon this week, hurrah. Meaning that she'll stop adding syns to food without my prior knowledge - thus sabotaging me! It alos means we're pretty much following the recommended weekly diary from the mag. I'm keeping my own food dairy that I'll update at the end of the week instead of daily. But I must recommend the lamb casserole that's in the latest mag. So very delicious.

I've got rugby again this week so back on the exercise and will try and fit something else in as well. With one month to my birthday, I will be thinner!!

Hope you're all well and thanks for getting me through a horrible week.

Woo woo! :) we can be super sexy slim Saturday weigh buddies!!...I usually only log onto minis on my phone so can't see all the signatures etc....but yesterday I was on the proper website and saw your ticker and was like wow you're half way to your target right?! Don't you lose sight of that when you're feeling disheartened! You've done amazingly well so far...and if things are a little slower than you'd like then take comfort in the fact it's going in the right direction and you're actively making choices and doing something everyday about something you want to change!

Sorry for the pep talk/rant...I'm probably saying to you what I really should be saying to myself!

Woo roll on Saturday! :) xxx

Thanks for the pep talks girls. Cheered me right up and kept me motivated. Really don't think I'd have kept this up had I not used this site as support.

Good news this morning, I am now 2lbs lighter than I was a week and a half ago. Progress! Really, really chuffed as I've been so good this week. Physically writing down what's been going in my gob has been really beneficial for me, also meant that my syn counting was rigourous. This is also the lightest I remember being at uni 3/4 years ago. So every pound I lose after this point is taking me back to a weight I literally don't remember ever being. Once I've lost a stone, 1LB TO GO!, I will post some pics of before and after.

Here's what I've eaten this week. All EE

Mon:
B: 35g Jordan's Muesli (hb) w/ 275ml skimmed milk (ha) and an apple
L: Salad with mattesons chicken (4syns) and sweetcorn. Mullerlgiht cherry, grapes, nectarine
D: Lamb casserole from SW mag. Pineapple
S: Cake (7syns)

Tues:
B: 60g slice wholemeal bread (hb) w/ baked beans. Banana
L: Wholemeal pasta with tuna, sweetcorn, salad. Strawberry muller. Nectarine, kiwi, grapes
D: Pork stew with butternut squash and swede.
S: Sponge cake (10syns) carrots, apple, 2 original babybel (ha)

Wed:
B: Muesli (hb) with 150ml full fat milk (ha). Apple. Banana
L: Vegetable soup with pearl barley. 4 corn thins (3syns). Raspberry muller. Orange
D: Chicken kebabs with dip from SW mag and SW chips. Yoghurt and berries w/ honey (1syn)
S: Carrots, Brocolli, 2 caramel snack a jacks (5syns)

Thurs
B: 35g porrdige oats (hb) w/ 100ml skimmed milk (1/2ha). Banana, blueberries
L: Rice salad with gammon (1syn). Vanilla muller, grapes, orange, pinapple
D: Bean chilli w/ asparagus
S: 4 Party rings (6syns)

Fri
B: Poached egg with wholemeal toast (hb) Figs and yoghurt with honey (1syn)
L: Quinoa with gammon (2syns) and salad. Cherry muller, grapes, apple
D: Cheese and ham pasta bake (ha). Rice pudding (6syns)
S: Soreen loaf (4.5syns)

Sat
B: Magic pancakes (hb), berries, yoghurt and honey (1syn)
L: Jacket potato w/ baked beans and salad
D: Undecided
S: I'll be drinking tonight so all syns on booze.

Weekly syns: 51.5/105.
So many syns to play with, which makes me feel better about tonight. Intrigued to see how much I will WI on Monday, my SW online subscription has me WI on Mondays but I'll stick to the Saturday weight.

Aims this week:
* Keep with two training sessions, try and do at least one evening of sit ups and press ups
* Stop getting on the scales every morning
* Keep a physical food diary

I'll also be finding out this week about whether or not I get a new job. Eeek.

X

Back