Becktoria's simply filling food diary

Have just read the medicine I've been prescribed for the ringing in my ears can supress the appetite and stop you wanting fatty foods! Here's hoping! X

Becktoria79 said:
Have just read the medicine I've been prescribed for the ringing in my ears can supress the appetite and stop you wanting fatty foods! Here's hoping! X

Ha! Fingers crossed! ;-)

Back on Sf as of today. Feel kinda sick so could only stomach crumpets and laughing cow ex light for breakfast. Hoping for a good day! X

R u feeling any better beck?

Yeah I'm fine, just side effects from the tablets I think. I've had little bits of ringing in my ears for ages now but it's gotten worse lately so I went to see the dr and he gave me stuff for my inner ear and balance, I also had to have ear drops and this morning I felt kinda spaced out and a bit nauseaus. Fine now though, thanks.
Not too bad so far but pretty hungry as always after work.
I also tried some tuna pasta the kids made and so I'll have to point that. Otherwise doing ok, feel better on sf. X

I'm really not doing good right now! I'm trying to stick to healthy food (there isn't much else in the house) but I just keep nibbling and nibbling and it's not fruit, it's carbs. Also I've not had a proper evening meal since Monday I think. I'm finding it so hard to cook for myself- I've cooked for my boyfriend strangely enough but not really fancying anything myself, I'm just grazing and can't seem to be satisfied!
I've not written any of my days down as I'm ashamed and can't really keep track of what I'm eating!

I know exactly what I need to do and write a plan every day but can't seem to follow it! I need a bloody good kick up the arse! I'm out tonight but not eating out so can have good meals throughout the day, I also don't want to drink too much as can't face the hangover and also I've been having some severe dizzy spells after drink lately.

Ok self pitying spiel over with, time to try again today! X

Problem is beck if ur just nibbling throughout the day ur not going to be hungry enough for a regular meal, good luck today just try ur best not to nibble on bad things and u will be fine! Is it ur tablets that r making u nibble so much?

Becktoria79 said:
I'm really not doing good right now! I'm trying to stick to healthy food (there isn't much else in the house) but I just keep nibbling and nibbling and it's not fruit, it's carbs. Also I've not had a proper evening meal since Monday I think. I'm finding it so hard to cook for myself- I've cooked for my boyfriend strangely enough but not really fancying anything myself, I'm just grazing and can't seem to be satisfied!
I've not written any of my days down as I'm ashamed and can't really keep track of what I'm eating!

I know exactly what I need to do and write a plan every day but can't seem to follow it! I need a bloody good kick up the arse! I'm out tonight but not eating out so can have good meals throughout the day, I also don't want to drink too much as can't face the hangover and also I've been having some severe dizzy spells after drink lately.

Ok self pitying spiel over with, time to try again today! X

I did myself a plan last week on SF but I included a few snacks in the plan too, I was a bit of a geek but I planned the whole week including snacks, I didn't stick to it 100% but I did most of it. I find it an achievement when I look back and think, wow well done me for sticking to my plan. Added to the 'feel good factor' and after I few weeks of trying hard to get back on track I really did find this helped.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

How have u done today beck?

I'm here to give you a kick up the backside, as requested! :)

Draw a line under the last few days, get a new notebook and start from scratch. And mrsM's idea seems really sensible. I also plan each day in advance, including snacks. Really keeps you away from the bad stuff.

Finally, you need to start holding yourself accountable. What goes in your mouth, goes on here! Not because we want to judge you, but because it'll make you think twice.

Oh and think of your goals. What are they? Will you be happier? If yes, it's worth a big effort.

If you have any other issues troubling you at the moment that might be affecting your diet, take back control over your food and address those issues more appropriately - get your problem solving hat on.

You know you can do this, you've done it before :) xxx

Snakes has some fab advice there Becks. You defo need to write whatever goes in your mouth, down here. None of us will judge you AT ALL! You know how bad I can be! We are so alike

Keep going babes, you can do it and you're so close now :) we're all here for support for you.

New day today. xxx

Thanks everyone, lots of really helpful comments. I think part of it is when I feel out of control. I don't think my weight makes me unhappy because i really like how i look at the minute, I just want to get to goal as its sonething i set myself a while ago and im not yet at a healthy BMI. I know however if i dont take control i will put on weight soooo easily and that would make me unhappy.

My work is chaotic and stressful at the minute, dreading going into work for the first time since I started the job, also the house has been a mess this week and I'm not good at housework and then with food I just haven't been organised or prepared and it just all piles on together to make me feel like its all insurmountable and i dont know where to even start!
But the house got tidied yesterday and I'm about to sit and plan for the week and had a chat with the boyf who has not been on plan for a few weeks either and from tomorrow 100% on plan and trips to the gym. I'm gonna do pointing so we can have the same evening meals (boyf quite fussy eater) but many of my meals will be sf food.

The work thing I can't do much about until ofsted have been in (sometime between now and Xmas) then hopefully some of the pressure will ease.
Feeling very positive today and know that when I feel I'm control of things I have the power to control, I feel better.
Thank you all again! X

You sound more positive. :) reading your post sounds like I've written it! The only way I've been able to get back on track is to point things to get my portion sizes under control.

Deal with things you can control (food and housework!) and the other stuff you'll just have to take each day by day. I know when things are tough for me, I just want to comfort eat but I always feel much better if I stick to plan because at least I have one thing under control IYKWIM?

Planning your meals out will help. Good luck hun, you can do this! Think of that goal and try and say focused on it. I know exactly how you feel when you say you're happy with how you are - I'm the same! But I keep thinking about the day I reach goal and how much happier I will be! Such an achievement and it's so close. Maybe write the number down in big red letters and pin it to your fridge or cupboards? That way, if you're tempted, you'll always see your goal in front of you first..... xxxx

I know exactly what you mean mets. Every day I stick to plan I go to bed feeling proud and like I've achieved something. I guess I need to remember that feeling and realise chocolate can't give me it!
I might make a little chart and cross off each lb til goal and stick it on fridge! X

Well I went to WI and managed to lose 1lb! I've no idea how but very pleased. Had a really good day so far. Will write down my diary later. X

Becktoria79 said:
Well I went to WI and managed to lose 1lb! I've no idea how but very pleased. Had a really good day so far. Will write down my diary later. X

Yay well done beck! Keep up ur hard work!

Becktoria79 said:
Thanks Sarah. I don't really deserve the loss but I am feeling very motivated. X

Well uve stuck to the plan some of the days this week, just goes to show a couple days count!

Becktoria79 said:
The stuff I was eating wasn't bad stuff though, it was things like crumpets and oatcakes, so I guess that has helped. X

If u stick to plan this wk u should get a really good loss nxt wk!

Back