Becktoria's simply filling food diary

Its a shame your cold has come back :( I reckon having a rest from the gym while feeling ill is probably the best plan all considered.

The salad and main course from your orginal plan sounded yummy. Must remember to buy some goats cheese next week, presuming the salad weather stays around. I much prefer goats cheese but always tend to buy feta instead because you can get a low fat one.

Have you got any ideas already for while OH is away? I am the same in that I can be much more flexible in my meal planning when OH is out which I find quite exciting! Its nice to have the option to not have meat or fish or less carbs. If OH is here i somtimes alter what we have with our dinner to make mine lighter but its much harder when the person next to you is eating the plate of food that you really want! The advantage of my OH not being in for dinner is also that I can add chilli to everything as he usually a bit of a wimp when it comes to spice!

Thanks Jaly!

Atomic I'm making the salad for tomorrow instead. I've already decided to make a sweet potato chilli on Thursday, I am also considering some butternut squash stuffed with quorn mince. I am on a mission to cut our shopping spends so trying to use stuff we already have in.
On Friday I'm having a couple of girlfriends over so Thai green chicken curry is getting made, my boyf isn't too good with spices. Not sure for the other days. I'm gonna get my recipe books out. There's a hazelnut pasta I've been after trying so might have that on Saturday or Sunday night! Oh and a lemon Marrakech chicken I want to try too!
I think on Sunday I'll make some soups and maybe some good bolognaise sauces that I can freeze. Gonna freeze the leftover chilli if there is any.
It is quite exciting. I don't like it when he goes away, this is 2nd time in a month, but I get to experiment a bit more with food! X

Hey nomes I'll post recipe up very soon! I got it off Jamie Oliver online whilst looking for a veg chilli. I might try making it with Bns too for less points when not on an sf day.
I've prepared my salad for tomorrow and tried a little and it it delicious. I can't wait for lunch tomorrow! Very organised tonight. I like it when I'm like this!

This how today ended up looking.

Day 1 26pp 49weeklies

B- porridge oats-4pp
Soya milk-1pp
Dried berries-1pp
Blueberries-0pp

S-2x bourbons-3pp

L- asparagus soup-2pp
Petit pain-3pp
2x bourbons-3pp

S- ww mints-1pp
Chorizo-1pp
Nibbling tomorrow's food-1pp
Frozen banana-0pp

T- chicken breast-4pp
Exlight Philadelphia mixed with garlic and fresh basil-1pp
Parma ham-1pp
Carrots and asparagus-0pp

Total- 26pp
Weeklies remaining-49

I feel like I've forgotten something but pretty sure that's it. I've been nibbly but I guess the mints have counteracted that a bit. I'm very pleased with today. Oh and tea was lush, deffo one to make again! X

Plan for today:

Day 2 26pp 47 weeklies left

B- porridge and dried berries and blueberries-6pp

L- chickpea, rocket and goats cheese salad-6pp
Petit pain-3pp

T- ww tomato and basil chicken ready meal- 7pp
Steam fresh veg-1pp

Total- 23pp

I'm not gonna write down exercise. I've woken up with a headache and don't really know how I'll feel yet but if feeling ok later I'll go to gym.
Hope everyone has a good day. X

Beck do u point ur potatoes roasted in frylight the same as mash or boiled pots?

I hear you nomes!

Yes Sarah I do.

I went home from work early today- in my planning time- have had a dreadful headache that won't shift. Been sleeping last 3 hours and it's better but not gone entirely. This is very annoying as my boyf goes away tomorrow til Monday and I don't want to spend the evening feeling crappy. I'm also sick of complaining about feeling ill in some form or another. I do think it is just general run downedness from a stressful time at school (since September has been so pressured and now suddenly taking it a lot more easily) but I just want to feel as close to normal as possible!
X

Oh dear beck, make sure u keep up with the paracetamol regularly! I bet u needed that extra sleep, seein as ur boyf is away soon u will b able to get some early nights in and catch up on that sleep which should make u feel better! Thanks for the potato advice!

Thanks guys. I feel a lot better after my sleep so much so that I've prepared my chilli for tomorrow noght's tea! Fatal error though, no kidney beans! Luckily you add them near the end so I'll chuck some in tomorrow and let it cook another 20 mins. It'll be fine!

I've also prepared my lunch, roasted veg and wholewheat cous cous. Tomorrow is my first simply filling day in ages! Looking forward to it, although a lot of veg will be consumed!

Today was a bit different to my plan. I re-discovered my love for ready brek! I stopped eating it since starting simply filling but I couldn't face the texture of porridge today and remembered I had some! It was lovely!

Day 2 26 pp 47 weeklies

B- ready brek-4pp
Soya milk-1pp
Raspberries and blueberries -0

S- grapes

L- goats cheese, chickpea and rocket salad-6pp
Ww petit pain-3pp

S- 2x crumpets-5pp
Low fat spread-1pp
Soya milk-2pp

T- not had it yet. Not feeling hungry after the crumpets so may just not bother as its quite late. Might have another crumpet later.

Total-22pp
Weeklies remaining-47

I'll update later if I eat more. I prob will! X

Glad you are feeling a bit better!

I also love ready brek
Especially chocolate or honey flavour!
So much nicer than porridge! I wish it was free on SF!

Good look on Sf day tomorrow!

Thanks purple! Apparently there is a tesco version which is free, mine isn't actually ready brek but asda's own but that's not free either! I might have to do online shop with tesco this weekend. X

The ww app doesn't have a free SF option! Do you know which it is? As I'll buy SW for sure!

I've just looked and they've changed it! It used to say that tesco did some that were free on SF! I'll have to save them for pp days then! Sorry to get your hopes up! X

Back