Becktoria's simply filling food diary

I'm hoping tonight if he catches his plane from Heathrow. He's cut it a bit fine so he may be back tomorrow. I don't think his absence is helping with the sleeping, feel a bit pathetic how much I'm missing him. at least a day of vomitting makes me feel less guilty about our meal tomorrow night! X

Oh dear Becktoria! Sorry you have been feeling so ill. It sounds like it must have at least partly been the sun, you certainly don't seem to have drank enough to warrant such a killer hangover :( It is surprisingly how much more alcohol affects us when we don't usually have it - I had 3 bottles of beer yesterday afternoon and by the end of the 3rd bottle all of my words were coming out a bit muddled!

Very good news about the trousers! Thats a lovely feeling. I got some black jeans off ebay delivered the other day, they were a size 14 so I didn't expect them to fit at the moment but they were a real bargain so thought they would be a good purchase for when I (finally) start losing properly again but they fitted. And comfortably fitted. Very pleased indeed. I suspect they must be rather a generous sizing but still the label pleases me.

Hope OH doesn't miss his flight and is home as soon as possible. It certainly sounds like you could use some TLC when he gets back. x

Yep I think there were several factors contributing to my deathly hangover. It has certainly put me off drink for a while! I don't want to feel like that again!

Feel a lot better. I'm off to town to take back some other clothes I ordered but don't like. And to purchase some more pretty summer clothes and some less pretty ones to get me through work. It's so hard to dress for this weather at work, I need to be covered modestly but it's also very stuffy, they actually had the radiators on in school on Friday! Out of work I like 50's style dresses and skirts etc. I'm determined to have my legs out this year and try to forget about their pasty hue!

Atomic that's great news about the trousers, it's so satisfying isn't it? However, I do wish shops would just all stick to one consistent sizing scheme. I hate having to try on multiples of sizes as they are crazy differences in each shop! X

Have fun shopping. I find dressing appropriately for work in summer quite difficult too. After having done my job for years I have decided that knee length skirts or dresses are fine and strappy tops with a light shrug are also fine. I don't care if my colleagues or managers disagree anymore.

I can't believe they have the radiators on. That sounds horrible. My office is blissfully air conditioned and really very pleasant in summer. Unfortunately most of my day is spent driving round the county for appointments in people's own homes, my car does not have air conditioning. This was a terrible mistake I made when buying it a couple of years ago.

Size differences in shops can be very confusing. Most of my clothes that currently fit are a size 14 or 16 but I also have a couple of size 12 dresses and skirt that fit and 2 size 18 skirts that fit now (but certainly didn't before losing weight). Its madness that your wardrobe can span 4 dress sizes!

Well I spent a lot! I'm not going to feel bad about it though because after all the boy has just had 2 weekends away in the space of 3 weeks so I think I deffo deserve a treat. I have got all my clothes for summer now, but nothing for school- oh dear- I loathe spending money on work clothes as they often end up covered in spit or snot or worse! I tend to use old clothes I no longer like for work and look a complete state. Every so often an item will get relegated to the work pile! X

Big spending shopping trip? Do share what you have bought! I need to get my shopping fix vicariously at the moment as I have vowed to try not to buy anything else at the moment as I have so many clothes it is insane. I went through everything and wrote a list of everything I owned to try and convince me I didn't need anything else and the results were quite shocking - 7 black pencil skirts (not counting the ones that are polka dot or pinstripe or patterned in some other way) and 5 leopard print cardigans seems excessive even to me... :whistle: I have now ordered my 2 diamond rings that my mum is getting for me from her insurance card, they don't count... Although I worry I won't have clothes to go with them ;)

Ooh I'm a big fan of the pencil skirt! Although I only have 2. I love leopard print as well but have just the 1 cardi. My favourite cardigan was a grey leopard print one which I only threw out cos the hole I the elbow was unsalvagable!

I bought 2 very cute dresses one of which I think I'm going to wear to the wedding in a couple of weeks. It's 50's style with bright yellow roses on. I actually suit the colour yellow! Who knew? The other is a halter neck with birds on which I'm gonna wear to our meal tomorrow. I got a blue printed skirt, some wedge cream sandals (I'm not good at summer shoes but these are actually very pretty and the wedge means I solve the problem of hating my bare legs in flat shoes, whilst at the same time being comfortable!), 2 cardigans to cover the dreaded crepey upper arms and what I think is my best buy is these slim fitting black trousers that are slightly cropped at the ankle. As I've mentioned I have great issue with trousers but these look so nice. I picked them up cos they were called Bardot style and I feel quite thin in them! They look ace with heels. I had a voucher to get 20% off everything so didn't pay full price for anything.

So on the whole a costly mission! I could easily have bought a lot more dresses but stopped myself. I think I'm good for summer now and I think they'll see me through the summer. I can't see myself losing a ridiculous amount of weight so that they are too big before I get some wear out of them. X

I can post links to the ones I have chosen if you like? The online photos probably look better than any I would be able to take of them anyway.

That's an exciting shopping haul. Really like the sound of the halter neck dress with birds on - where is that from if you don't mind me asking? I tend to live in my purple birkenstocks in summer but I really fancy some of the wedge sandals for when I want to look a little smarter, or for those skirts that look infinitely better with heels. At the moment I can only find patterned ones I like and that seems a little limiting for a pair of shoes. Its great that you have found a couple of pairs of trousers that you really like on lately, do they reckon its a case of your body changing or your self-perception changing mainly? I always thought I looked horrible in jeans or trousers but now have several that I feel quite confident in. I am presuming it must be in my head because I hated how I looked in them when I was 17/18 as well and I am now back to pretty much exactly the size I was then.

Links are good atomic. The dress was from oasis. I'll try and post a pic.

Feel dreadful this morning - sorry moaning again! In an uncharacteristic bout of romanticism I decided to go meet the boy at the airport last night. Even though I wasn't even sure if he had made his flight as his phone had died. It was worth the risk but I have barely slept and feel awful. I know it's bad but I'd have pulled a sickie today if we weren't interviewing a new member of staff. Not only cos I'm so tired but cos I want to be with him. Still hopefully nice meal tonight if he's actually awake! He's very tired and very burnt.
I ate 27pp yesterday which is pretty good considering how little I ate on sat.
I'm very dis organised today and haven't managed a food shop or a plan so not quite sure what today will hold. I've got cereal and I guess I'll take a ww meal in for lunch. Then it's WI tonight. Hopefully good news there.
Have a good day everyone. X

Attachments

• image-2551172574.jpg
    image-2551172574.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 37
The dress is lovely! Sorry to hear about you not being able to be with the boy! I know exactly how you feel, I've been in a long-distance relationship for 3 years, and haven't seen my boyfriend for over 3 months due to exams/school pressure etc. :(

Absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess *sigh*

Well done foodwise! That's fab! x

Good luck for the WI! Have a great day :)

Dress is gorgeous, would love to see 50s style one too as I love them :-D one day I will own a pretty Vivien of holloway dress yes I must! X

Dress looks pretty beck! I'm sorry u had to go into work today but just remember u got ur romantic meal to look forward to tonight! Good luck for Wi and I hope u have fun tonight!

I'll post the links to the rings on my diary in a minute so as not to clutter your diary with them. The bird dress is really cute and pretty, sure that will look lovely on. I would also like to see the 50s style one too but I didn't want to appear greedy! If both you and icklerockchick like 50s style dresses have either of you seen BOOBOO Kitty Couture before? I shall just leave this link here :whistle: and see what you think; BooBoo Kitty Couture - Funky, Kitch, Vintage inspired dresses, Made to Measure! Got to promote local businesses and all... Their facebook page has all the different fabrics available in the photo sections - there are some amazing prints.

Hope weigh-in goes well tonight and more importantly that you enjoy a romantic reunion evening with OH :)

Ooh pretty dresses want them all :-D

One of my best mates just got engaged recently and can't wait for her to set a date so I have an excuse to buy a pretty 50s style dress ;-) x

I really want a couple of those two but have been trying to resist for a long time. The girl who runs it (and makes and designs everything) is a friend of a friend so there has also been the occassional lure of a discount too. I am bad at being strong around pretty clothes.

I really shouldn't have bought as much as I did but hey needs must sometimes!

Lost 1.5lb at WI so that's pretty good. I wish I could lose as quick as I gain. Had a lovely meal out but feel a little queasy right now. Back on it big time tomorrow. Less than 2 weeks til this wedding. Want to lose 2.5lb by then but although it's do-able my body seems to only wanna lose weight in 1.5 lb chunks! This is very good long term though. X

Back