BeckyT's WW Food Diary

BeckyT

Always trying!
I joined WW last Thursday after months of thinking about joining but never actually doing it. I got to target in January 2012 after losing 2st 12.5lbs on slimming world. Before my holibobs in March I put 6lbs on and then after my holiday and putting a further 11lbs on I just couldnt get my mojo back and here I am in September right back at my starting weight when I joined Slimming World and as a consequence I have a wardrobe full of clothes that are a size 8-10 that dont fit. I sold a lot of my 'fat' clothes so I have had to buy a couple of items in a size 12-14. I am fed up of wearing the same clothes when I have a wardrobe full of lovely slim clothes

So, enough is enough! I am going to get back to my target weight of 9st 2lbs and I would love to be near the 10st mark for crimbo however i'm not sure how realistic that target is....

After 4 full days on WW the mind talk is starting to creep in about the amount of pp I am eating/drinking so I have decided to start a diary. Feel free to tell me if I have missed something or if I am pointing something incorrectly... I just keep telling myself that if we weren't supposed to have the points the WW wouldn't give them to us otherwise the plan would be flawed?!? :wave_cry:

Friday

B:
1/2 Grapefruit 0pp
30g porridge 3pp
Milk 3pp

L:
h/m roasted tomato and red pepper soup 0pp
Ham salad sandwich with ww white bread 4pp
Mayo 1pp

D:
Stewed steak 6pp
carrots, swede, cabbage and green beans 0pp
150g potatoes 3pp This is the cooked weight, is it correct?

Anytime:
2 x 175ml red wine 9pp

Activity
Pooch walking for 3.5 miles (60mins) 5pp
Vibration plate 1PP

Daily 26/26
Weekly 3/49
Ap 6PP

Saturday

B:
1/2 Grapefruit 0pp
30g porridge 3pp
Milk 3pp

L:

D:
Asda smoked haddock fish cake with vintage cheddar cheese 6pp
Large salad 0pp

A:
2 halves of lager 6pp
2 x 175ml red wine 9pp

Activity
5 mile walk with the pooch 7pp
vibro plate 1pp

Daily 26/26
Weeklies 5 used today so that's 8/49
Activity 8, 14 for the week

Sunday

B/L as we didnt have it until late morning
62g bacon 2pp
110g beans 3pp
Egg 2pp
Roasted tomato 0pp
tinned toms 0pp
mushrooms 0pp

D:
116g pork chop 5pp
150g potatoes cooked weight 3pp sooooooooooo not sure if i am pointing these correctly?????
50g Stuffing 5pp
Gravy 1pp
carrots, swede, green beans and cabbage 0pp

Anytime:
Blue riband 2pp
Banana 0pp
Squares 2pp
Red wine 19pp

Activity
2.5 mile walk 3pp

dailies 26/26
Weeklies 18 26/49
Activity 3, 17 for the week

Monday

B:
1/2 Grapefruit 0pp
30g porridge 3pp
Milk 3pp

L:
h/m roasted butternut squash and red pepper soup 0pp

D:
135g chicken 3pp
Garlic and herb bake in a bag 0pp
150g potatoes cooked weight
carrot and swede mash, green beans, cabbage

A:
ww rich toffee bar x 2 5pp
banana 0pp
Wotsits 2pp

Activity:
walking 3.5 miles 5pp
vibro plate 1pp

dailies 25/26
Weeklies 18 26/49
Activity 6, 23 for the week :chores016:

Well it's Tuesday already and i soooooo dont feel like I have been on a 'diet' however I am worried that I am eating too many of my daily and weekly pp... any reassurance would be most welcome!!!! I just wish Thursday would hurry up and get here so I can get weighed so I can reassure myself and believe in the plan. I suppose everybody is the same at first....

Today's food looks like...

B:
1/2 Grapefruit 0pp
30g porridge 3pp
Milk 3pp

L:
Banana 0 pp

I want to save the rest of my points as I am going to the carvery with my friend tonight and as I wont be able to weigh the meat I wont know how much I am having... I am such a worrier!! Also, i absolutely adore stuffing and again, I wont know how much I am having as I cant weigh it argggggghh! I will count 20pp for my dinner, I wont be having a yorkshire or any potatoes, just meat, veg, stuffing and gravy

Activity:
walking 3.5 miles 5pp
vibro plate 1pp

dailies 26/26
Weeklies 18 26/49
Activity 6, 29 for the week :chores016:

Hi becky
looking through your diet menus they sound great (loving the fact you have included wine) really nervous about having a glass as i tend to drink the bottle!!!!! i may invest in some of them mini bottles......I can see you have used some of your 49, i would also if i was only having 26pp (cant begin to imagine after me being allowed a colossal 50pp) i am going to be def checking out Thursday so fingers crossed for a good result xx

Hi becky
looking through your diet menus they sound great (loving the fact you have included wine) really nervous about having a glass as i tend to drink the bottle!!!!! i may invest in some of them mini bottles......I can see you have used some of your 49, i would also if i was only having 26pp (cant begin to imagine after me being allowed a colossal 50pp) i am going to be def checking out Thursday so fingers crossed for a good result xx

Hi honey!

Oh yes i've counted my wine and lager!! I keep comparing it to slimming world and keep asking myself, am I eating/drinking too much compared to what I was doing on SW?! I know I shouldnt compare the two 'diets'... :confused:

I really like the flexibility of ww however tonight when i go the carvery I have saved 20pp as I wont have a clue how much meat and stuffing I have on my plate as I wont be able to weigh it. I'm sure I'll start to relax a bit once I get into it. Roll on Thursday and hopefully the scales will show me to trust the plan!! :rolleyes: x

jadegibbs89 said:
Hi huni, your plan sounds perfect..I think ur gonna have a a nice weight loss ;)

Now that put a smile on my face!!!! Roll on Thursday that's all I can say!!

I really like the plan and love the fact it's not as restrictive as SW so fingers crossed!

Do you eat all of your weeklies?

Last day before weigh in :bliss:... I have to say that the week has absolutely flown and I really have enjoyed it!

Wednesday

B: 30g Porridge (3) with skimmed milk (3) and 1/2 pink grapefruit (0)

L: Home made butternut squash and red pepper soup (0). I need to use my bread up so I think I will have a ham salad sandwich (4) although I might be tempted to have a bagel..

S: Banana

D: Steamed haddock (I need to weigh this once its defrosted so will update later), 150g cooked potatoes (3), still not sure if I am pointing potatoes correctly??? :confused:, carrot and swede mash, cauliflower and green beans. Going to make some parsley sauce but not sure how to point it so going to say (4)

I might try and take Alfie to do a couple of laps around the racecourse today if work is quiet. Its just over 2 miles in length so that will be a nice 4 miles today :chores016:

Dailies /26
Weeklies 26/49
AP's 5 today so 34 for the week

I bought some curly wurlys last night which i believe are 3pp so I think i may be having one later tonight with a cup of tea whilst watching the soaps... will update my diary later

Food sounds amazing!!!!! I have read somewhere you can put the curly wurly in the freezer and it lasts longer!!! Def trying that... Mind just put grapes in the freezer as they are suppose to taste fab???? So looking forward to how you have done. Xxxx

Food sounds amazing!!!!! I have read somewhere you can put the curly wurly in the freezer and it lasts longer!!! Def trying that... Mind just put grapes in the freezer as they are suppose to taste fab???? So looking forward to how you have done. Xxxx

Hmmm i think i might have to try that! I've heard about putting grapes in the freezer but I've never tried it x

hiya! i wouldnt worry about using too many points, they are there to be used!... I was 4-5 lbs from goal in november last year ive restarted back with all of my weight back on! I always lost and i used all my dailys and weeklies and sometimes exercise points too. Everyone is different but if you can use them and still loose i wouldnt worry. I have 3.5 inches smaller than yo and my target is the same as yours im thinking maybe i should reduce mine :( welcome to weight watcher anyway im subscribing :):) x

Hi hun, just found your diary. You're doing fab with your food. Don't worry about using your weeklies, that's what they're there for. I've just started on week 11 of WW and last week was the first time I really dipped into my weeklies by a lot. I only had 16 left at the end of the week, and I managed to lose 4.8lb. So, really have faith in the diet. I used to do slimming world as well and wasn't sure on WW at first but I promise you it does work. The reason I came to WW in the first place was because I found SW too restrictive, and I didn't like that I had to cook pretty much everything (not fun when you've been working 12 hours) - but I absolutely love WW. You'll soon find that it's not just a diet, it's a way of life lol. I know that sounds corny, but it really is true.
Anyway, sorry for waffling on your diary, but if you need any advice, I'm here :) x

hiya! i wouldnt worry about using too many points, they are there to be used!... I was 4-5 lbs from goal in november last year ive restarted back with all of my weight back on! I always lost and i used all my dailys and weeklies and sometimes exercise points too. Everyone is different but if you can use them and still loose i wouldnt worry. I have 3.5 inches smaller than yo and my target is the same as yours im thinking maybe i should reduce mine :( welcome to weight watcher anyway im subscribing :):) x

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one that put their weight back on again... I really liked being 9st 2lbs however once I got to that weight and I text my hubby to tell him that I'd got to target he replied back saying well done but that's enough now which really, really isn't like him. a few other people also said that I shouldnt lose any more weight and my next door neighbours were a bit unkind if im honest. Funny thing is I dont think I saw what they saw when I looked at myself in the mirror. So, I wouldnt worry about lowering your target and just see what you feel like when you get back there ;)

Thanks for the reassurance about the weeklies, I really needed it! Hopefully, once I step on the scales tomorrow that will be reassurance enough!!:thankyou:

Hi hun, just found your diary. You're doing fab with your food. Don't worry about using your weeklies, that's what they're there for. I've just started on week 11 of WW and last week was the first time I really dipped into my weeklies by a lot. I only had 16 left at the end of the week, and I managed to lose 4.8lb. So, really have faith in the diet. I used to do slimming world as well and wasn't sure on WW at first but I promise you it does work. The reason I came to WW in the first place was because I found SW too restrictive, and I didn't like that I had to cook pretty much everything (not fun when you've been working 12 hours) - but I absolutely love WW. You'll soon find that it's not just a diet, it's a way of life lol. I know that sounds corny, but it really is true.
Anyway, sorry for waffling on your diary, but if you need any advice, I'm here :) x

Thanks for stopping by!

I put off joining WW for quite a while as I thought I would struggle as I work away quite a lot and I will have to best guess the weight of meat in my meals when Im eating out etc however I guess it's like anything else and I will just get used to looking at the portion size of meat and potatoes etc just by looking at them. I wish I'd made the switch sooner as I really like the freedom you have compared to SW. I know ive got about 6pp left after all my meals today so I know I can have some nice treats like wotsits and a curly wurly later tonight!

I've just been looking at your signature and you've done really, really well! Did you have similar loses on SW? I would love to lose 2 stone by Christmas so that I can wear my skinny jeans again but I'm trying not to focus on that toooooo much as I dont want to set myself up for a fall.

Going to have a nosey at your diary if that's ok x

BeckyT said:
Now that put a smile on my face!!!! Roll on Thursday that's all I can say!!

I really like the plan and love the fact it's not as restrictive as SW so fingers crossed!

Do you eat all of your weeklies?

Well..haha what I do is, I have my 26pp everyday and never go ive then on a saturday i splash out on a curry takeway, ww wine and maybe a pudding if im within my allowence ;) that fits in for me and also gives me something to look forward to at the weekend..im a huge curry fan hahaha!!!

How about u? How are u finding ww? Do u prefer it to sw? Xx

BeckyT said:
I feel better knowing I'm not the only one that put their weight back on again... I really liked being 9st 2lbs however once I got to that weight and I text my hubby to tell him that I'd got to target he replied back saying well done but that's enough now which really, really isn't like him. a few other people also said that I shouldnt lose any more weight and my next door neighbours were a bit unkind if im honest. Funny thing is I dont think I saw what they saw when I looked at myself in the mirror. So, I wouldnt worry about lowering your target and just see what you feel like when you get back there ;)

Thanks for the reassurance about the weeklies, I really needed it! Hopefully, once I step on the scales tomorrow that will be reassurance enough!!:thankyou:

I bet u, ur neighbours were jelous ;) wow dont think ive been 9.2 since i was about 12 years old hahah!! Ull donit babe my aim is for early 9s in my long term goal x

i was the same, i still saw myself the same as before... and good luck for tomorrow keep us updated

Well..haha what I do is, I have my 26pp everyday and never go ive then on a saturday i splash out on a curry takeway, ww wine and maybe a pudding if im within my allowence ;) that fits in for me and also gives me something to look forward to at the weekend..im a huge curry fan hahaha!!!

How about u? How are u finding ww? Do u prefer it to sw? Xx

Can I answer that tomorrow?!!!! ha ha! I absolutely love the freedom compared to SW and once I've got used to portion sizes just by looking it will make life a lot easier when I'm working away from home!

Funnily enough the 26 weeklies that I have used were all over the weekend, mainly on wine :party0036:but I dont feel like im missing out on anything!

i was the same, i still saw myself the same as before... and good luck for tomorrow keep us updated

I look back now and think it's silly as there's no way I can get into my 8's or 10's at the moment but at the time I didn't feel any different! I remember buying a size 8 dress from Asda and taking it to the till and thinking to myself that the woman at the checkout will think to herself, she's never a size 8, who's she kidding!

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow... I will be watching the hours tick by until 6pm!

Back