BECOMIN OBSESSED WITH COOKIN

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by supermummy, 17 April 2009 Social URL.

1. supermummy

supermummy Full Member

...is anyone else the same. Its day4 and im doing good on the diet so far :) Yesterday I woke up with the urge to cook... and boy did I cook! :D and everythin was from scratch...and it has continued today too (Ive also made 2 puddings) and not once have I thought of cheating. Strange, isnt it???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dreamer<3

Dreamer<3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(20.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have exactly the same urge all I want to do is bake cakes......and make vanilla cheesecake. I think its normal. xxx

4. Izzycat

Izzycat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    CD SS and SS+
    I love cooking, and have enjoyed making things for my OH, but its all pretty experimental, as i cant taste anything to see if its ok!!! He hasnt keeled over yet, though a chilli i made the other night nearly did it! lol

We have friends coming for dinner next Friday, and i am fine with it, but i know they will prob feel weird with me sitting with a coffee and my bar whilst they tuck into Italian with no doubt copious amounts of the laughing juice!!

my thoughts are why stop doing something you enjoy?

hey goodluck x

5. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    I hate cooking-but I have now started watching cooking programmes on TV :)

6. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Not sure I could cope with cooking; I can't even cope with smelling my bf cooking. I have started on the cookery programmes though. I figure if I can't eat then I can watch food and pretend I've eaten.

7. summer66

summer66 second time around

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.53%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    The first few weeks of being on ss i loved to cook and to watch my family eat, but now i hate cooking and watching. I normally go for a bath when they are eating or im very tempted to pick :sigh:

8. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    It happens to many of us. Our OHs are having a whale of a time! Mine is having stuff I would never normally serve up, and the kitchen is constantly strewn with cookery books. Like other CDers, I'm not desperately tempted but I often do have a teaspoonful of what I'm doing, just to taste it to make sure it's OK.

I actually think this is good training for the future - I'm learning that good food is about quality and not quantity. A spoonful of lovely stew made for my hubby is just as satisfying as a huge plateful (and I used to hate that over-stuffed feeling I had after every meal - basically because I had over-stuffed! :eat: :sigh2:). I'm pretty sure I'll be spending the rest of my life being happy with a lot less than I used to eat. (I better had be, otherwise I'll end up back on the diet, lol! :eek:)

9. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love cooking, and as a childminder and a mum to 2 children I still have to do it! I am finding I am cooking so much healthier now, everything form scratch, guess it's our minds helping us coming to terms with reasons why we all began cd in the first place??

10. lollylou1

lollylou1 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    i have become very keen on cooking, been pre making lots of meals for OH and have also started to wean my baby so been a very busy bee, surely it gives new ideas for when we are all maintaining!!!

Lou
    xxx

11. Tamgredan

Tamgredan Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(20.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My 22 month old son had an omelette for breakfast today which is a first...he loved it. Normally he has cereal, but today when i got up at 6am (the norm) i had energy and made it for him. As im no longer constantly thinking about what food to feed myself, i seem to have more time to concentrate on a good healthy diet for my son....how wierd is this diet?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.