Becoming a consultant

Bubbles1984

Silver Member
Does anyone know how u go about it? I have a stone to go before I'm at target and everyone keeps telling me I should be one. But I've never joined a SW group...i just do the plan at home. I think that means I wouldn't be able to apply...but others say I'm wrong??xxx

Think you have to be a member first.
Our C mentioned recently that HO were having some sort of recruitment drive for our area. She would go with anyone interested.
I wouldn`t be a consultant personally, as I have too many other comitments.
Besides, they were holding it in Bury St Edmunds which is a bit too far for me

To join SW you need to have at least 7lb to lose. If you want to be a consultant you do need to be a current member when you apply. So if you join now, lose the last stone with them, you would qualify to apply.

Bear in mind that its a franchise operation and you need to be in a position to "buy" into it, which is about £2k (perhaps a bit less, not sure of the exact amount!).

It doesn't cost that much for the franchise license.

You do need to be a member to be a
consultant.

Join your local group and speak to your consultant, they will be more than happy to talk to you and probably accompany you to an opportunities event.

Hope that helps!

As I said, not sure of the exact amount, I think my C said about 1800 but she's been doing it a couple of years now. It does I think include the training and the kit to get your group going though. I know it was a prohibitive amount for me personally though.

Wow that is pricy.... I was considering it, but there is no way I can afford that amount of money...

i went to one of the open day meetings a few months ago and its between 1000 and 1500 depending on what kit you get. you have an interview if you are selected from the open meeting and then theres training provided too and then you are introduced into your new group over a period of time including the promoting of it too. im not sure if travel expenses and hotels are paid for too for the training but when everythings paid for it could tally up toward the 2000 mark initially if you chose the kit with everything included in it.
i got selected for an interview but i hadnt taken my driving test at the time and a few other reasons got in the way. its a fantastic opportunity, good luck if you decide to go for it:)

Just being completely nosey now, during the process, did they give any indications on how long it would usually take to recoup that money?

They dont give an exact timescale on how long it will take u to recoup the money but they will tell u your earning potential ... basically the more members u have the more money u earn .... so if u put the work in ... u reap the benefits. They gave us (oh yes i have been for the meeting) two different scenarios of a group that was doing really well and a group that wasnt too good and showed the earnings that the consultant got.

I am seriously thinking about being a consultant but after we get back from our hols ... i think it is alot of hard work but u only get out what u put in eh???

Trish x

i got selected for an interview but i hadnt taken my driving test at the time and a few other reasons got in the way. its a fantastic opportunity, good luck if you decide to go for it:)

What's the reason for you having to drive do you know? Is it just the amoutn of kit you have to carry around? In the dim and distant past I did vaguely consider once if I ever reached my target (ha!) that I might have a look into it, but as I have epilepsy I cant drive. I dont think Id do it now anyway even if I did ever reach target, but I wondered what the driving necessity was?

What's the reason for you having to drive do you know? Is it just the amoutn of kit you have to carry around? In the dim and distant past I did vaguely consider once if I ever reached my target (ha!) that I might have a look into it, but as I have epilepsy I cant drive. I dont think Id do it now anyway even if I did ever reach target, but I wondered what the driving necessity was?
hiya, you don't have to be able to drive but my hubbys in the army and we live quite out of the way and with the amount hes away i would need the car to get to group. if you would have access to transport though it would be fine as initially you would run 1 group a week, the rest of the work is from home apart from a monthly get together meeting with the other consulants in the region. but nope, i don't think its necessary :)

A part from the cost of the franchise the things that put me off were - trips to derby hq's (you are not entitled to travel expenses). Meetings every 3 weeks on sunday evenings and having to store a lot of equipment (all your boards, bars mags etc). You are responsible for all the items.

There is no doubt that being a consultant is not undertaken lightly. The open days are very informative though and would recommend going along :)

Oh right, I thought Id read it somewhere in one of the ads that you had to have your own car. Maybe Im thinking of something else.

I probably shouldn't admit to this but.......!

I originally lost 7 stone with SW, the plan works and the food is great, I was asked to be a consultant (well go for the interview anyway!) and the thought of helping others to reach thier target was a real thing I really wanted to do, I felt great about my weight loss and wanted others to also.

I was gutted the whole process was explained to me, how to get the most money and how to 'target' people. It was all about the money, getting bums on seats and flogging the SW products. I guess I was being nieve really as ANY weight loss industry i.e pills WW rosemary Conally, Atkins and so on is all about the money, it's a massive money making industry. I lost my faith and was gutted to find out that basically untrained people with no nutrition knowledge, but just armed with sales tactics could be a consultant.

I've lost my faith with SW, but I haven't lost my faith in the plan, the plan works! Thats why I'm here and doing it on my own with support of minimins and I'm doing quite well.... at the moment

i'll get off my soap box now....

vickidyers said:
I probably shouldn't admit to this but.......!

I originally lost 7 stone with SW, the plan works and the food is great, I was asked to be a consultant (well go for the interview anyway!) and the thought of helping others to reach thier target was a real thing I really wanted to do, I felt great about my weight loss and wanted others to also.

I was gutted the whole process was explained to me, how to get the most money and how to 'target' people. It was all about the money, getting bums on seats and flogging the SW products. I guess I was being nieve really as ANY weight loss industry i.e pills WW rosemary Conally, Atkins and so on is all about the money, it's a massive money making industry. I lost my faith and was gutted to find out that basically untrained people with no nutrition knowledge, but just armed with sales tactics could be a consultant.

I've lost my faith with SW, but I haven't lost my faith in the plan, the plan works! Thats why I'm here and doing it on my own with support of minimins and I'm doing quite well.... at the moment

i'll get off my soap box now....

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think you have to be careful with saying that consultants are basically untrained! It might get people's backs up-just a thought :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back