Becoming a slimmer Miller

Had lamb tagine and couscous for tea last night and spent my syns on a nice glass of red wine. Had roast tomato and basil soup for lunch (I've got rid of it all out my freezer now - I won't make so much next time!). My mum is doing a roast later and we're trying the oxo roast potatoes for the first time so hopefully they'll be lovely too.

2016_01_30_19_08_19.jpg

Not been on here for last few days but have been on plan - just been mad busy.

Sunday I had soup for lunch (didn't get up early enough for breakfast) and roast lamb dinner for tea. I tried the oxo roasties - they were really tasty but not at all crispy so I'm undecided on them. Monday I had a chewy delight bar and 2 apples for breakfast, soup for lunch, spaghetti bolognese for tea (made with carrot, green pepper, red onion, celery, <5% fat mince, tinned chopped tomatoes and passata - all speed apart from the mince which is protein.

I made a load cos we've got a taster day at slimming world on saturday morning so I'm going to take the spag bol remains (I've just bunged it in the freezer).

Today I have had 4 oaty muffins for breakfast (35g oats for B choice, 2 eggs, 2tbsp sweetener, 1tbsp vanilla essence). I had ham salad for lunch. I went out for tea with a friend so I made sure I had no syns all day and I had steak and chips for dinner with a flat mushroom and grilled tomato - I was a good girl and went without pudding.

I'm currently having a go at making cola bottles (though they won't be bottle shaped). I have a caffeine allergy so I'm using the decaf diet coke. No idea what they'll be like but the thought popped into my head at work earlier. If they're good I'm gonna make another batch for taster on Saturday. 1 can diet coke (=half a pint) with 3 gelatine leaves is currently setting in the fridge. Once it's set I'm gona do half a pint of diet lemonade with 3 gelatine leaves and pour it on top and leave that to set. I'll probably not know what it's like until tomorrow as it will take a while for the coke to set, let alone once I've done the lemonade. If they work they will be syn free.

Glad you're doing well! How did the cola bottles turn out? I've never really liked the cola bottles but I love sweets and lemonade, so I'd probably like those a lot! x

Glad you're doing well! How did the cola bottles turn out? I've never really liked the cola bottles but I love sweets and lemonade, so I'd probably like those a lot! x

Really not worth the faff! I may try them one more time. I'm going to do 2 cans of coke, boiled until they've reduced by half (hopefully should be more concentrated, and then extra gelatine. If that doesn't work then I won't bother again.

Today I've had Chewy delight bar and 2 passion fruit for brekkie, ham salad for lunch (with 1tbsp light mayo and 1tbsp light salad cream for 3.5 syns). For tea I had a fry up - bacon medallions 2 heck chicken italia sausages (1 syn), poached egg, baked beans, mushrooms and grilled tomato.

During morning break at school I had a bag of tyrrells poshcorn for 3 syns and I've just scoffed a curly wurly for 6. 13.5 syns in total today. About to have a glass of milk for my a choice cos I've not had anything yet.

Went to yoga again tonight - they definitely upped the difficulty from last week - I'm going to ache tomorrow I'm sure but my back is still ok and it should help strengthen it.

WOHOOOO 2lb off this week. That now makes me 15s 0.5lb. I am defo getting into the 14 stones next week.
We had a taster at group today which was nice. Got to try a few new things. Going to give the chicken and sweetcorn soup a go at some point. I'm not sure it's the kind of soup that would store well given that it has egg stirred through it. It was really lovely.

I'm having a treat tonight - my husband is cooking us steak (which involves sainsbury's posh chips). Dread to think how many syns they are but it's not a full on blow out and I don't have to cook so back on it tomorrow.

I'm going to plan my meals for the week later so that I can be on track this week.

WOHOOOO 2lb off this week. That now makes me 15s 0.5lb. I am defo getting into the 14 stones next week.
We had a taster at group today which was nice. Got to try a few new things. Going to give the chicken and sweetcorn soup a go at some point. I'm not sure it's the kind of soup that would store well given that it has egg stirred through it. It was really lovely.

I'm having a treat tonight - my husband is cooking us steak (which involves sainsbury's posh chips). Dread to think how many syns they are but it's not a full on blow out and I don't have to cook so back on it tomorrow.

I'm going to plan my meals for the week later so that I can be on track this week.

Woo! Congrats! Steak and chips sound delish too, I also had a sneaky look on the SW website and I don't think the syns in that would be bad at all! Looking forward to seeing your meal plan and stealing your ideas haha. Hope you're having a good weekend! E x

I've planned my meals again. I replanned them after winning the raffle at group as I won a whole bag of veg - not bad for a 50p raffle ticket!

It's pancake day this week so tomorrow I'm using flexible syns. I'm having tea out with a friend and then "death by pancake". This is an annual family tradition and it's obscene. It's a pancake, ice cream, banana, chocolate sauce and chopped nuts.

I've planned my pancakes as well as I can - using the hazelnuts as my b choice. I'll have 30 syns tomorrow (yikes) but I've had reduced syns today and will do the same on Wednesday so it averages out ok.

Tonight's tea was yummy:

Heck chicken italia sausages, mashed potato, broccoli, leeks and gravy with sage, mushroom and onion. Plenty of speed in there and it was amazing. I'm seriously addicted to these sausages.

2016_02_08_19_18_58.jpg

Death by pancake for 14.5 syns. It's an annual family tradition but this is the first time I've ever weighed it out and synned it.

3.5 syns for the homemade pancake, 50g tesco cornish ice cream for 5 syns, banana, 2tbsp tesco finest belgian chocolate choice for 6 syns, 23 chopped up hazelnuts for a b choice. 14.5 syns in total.

For tea I had a steak and salad (I went for salad rather than chips). It was ok but chips would have been nicer!!!!

I'd imagine that there would be a few syns for the steak as it probably had oil on it or was cooked in some oil. Either way, I've thoroughly enjoyed today!!!

Pulling back tomorrow again as I want 1lb off for Saturday to get my new numbers.

pancake.jpg

Death by pancake for 14.5 syns. It's an annual family tradition but this is the first time I've ever weighed it out and synned it.

3.5 syns for the homemade pancake, 50g tesco cornish ice cream for 5 syns, banana, 2tbsp tesco finest belgian chocolate choice for 6 syns, 23 chopped up hazelnuts for a b choice. 14.5 syns in total.

For tea I had a steak and salad (I went for salad rather than chips). It was ok but chips would have been nicer!!!!

I'd imagine that there would be a few syns for the steak as it probably had oil on it or was cooked in some oil. Either way, I've thoroughly enjoyed today!!!

Pulling back tomorrow again as I want 1lb off for Saturday to get my new numbers.

pancake.jpg
Oh my God.... That looks lovely xx

It was amazing!!! My mum and dad always used to to it every year and it's become tradition. My dad passed away from bone cancer in 2014 so last year and this year we've gone round to my mums for "death by pancake" to continue the tradition. It's blimmin' amazing. That's the first time I've synned it up though and actually it wasn't as high as I expected it would be (I thought it would be nearer to 30 syns).

It was amazing!!! My mum and dad always used to to it every year and it's become tradition. My dad passed away from bone cancer in 2014 so last year and this year we've gone round to my mums for "death by pancake" to continue the tradition. It's blimmin' amazing. That's the first time I've synned it up though and actually it wasn't as high as I expected it would be (I thought it would be nearer to 30 syns).
Well done you in keeping up your Dads tradition, we do the same , but not for these.... We're going to have one the weekend !! Xx

That's probably one of the most perfect looking pancakes I've ever seen! Looks amazing! It's really nice that you can keep the tradition going. :) Hope you're doing well today and on track to get your 1lb off! x

Defo planning on getting my 1lb off (hopefully a bit more!).

Been to yoga tonight - really enjoying it.

Pulled back a lot today. I've had a lot of salad but then that's what I fancied anyway. For breakfast I had a special k chocolate delight bar for my b choice, and 2 passion fruit. Mid morning I had an apple. For lunch I had a ham salad with 1tbsp light mayo (2 syns) and 1tbsp light salad cream (1 syn). For tea I've just had pork loin steaks with flava-it chinese marinade (half a pack rounds up to 4 syns).

2016_02_10_19_37_42.jpg

I'm going to set myself a few mini targets. I want my new numbers this Saturday as you all know. I want a minimum of 1lb off to get into the 14 stones, but I'm hoping to get 2lb off.

I'd also like to get my stone award by the end of February. That is 6lb to go. I would need to get 2lb off per week to get my stone award (starting with 2lb on Saturday). I may not do it but I'm going to aim to get as close as I can. I haven't felt this motivated in ages - I just hope the motivation lasts!

I'm going to set myself a few mini targets. I want my new numbers this Saturday as you all know. I want a minimum of 1lb off to get into the 14 stones, but I'm hoping to get 2lb off.

I'd also like to get my stone award by the end of February. That is 6lb to go. I would need to get 2lb off per week to get my stone award (starting with 2lb on Saturday). I may not do it but I'm going to aim to get as close as I can. I haven't felt this motivated in ages - I just hope the motivation lasts!
Go Girl Go Girl x

Today I've had an apple and a passion fruit for breakfast followed by a special k chocolate delight bar. Then a bag of pom bear crisps for 5 syns. I had a ham salad for lunch again with 3.5 syns for my mayo and salad cream. Then I had chicken chasseur with brown rice for tea. I packed it with mange tout, mushrooms and onion and some baby corn because it needed using up. The chasseur sauce was colmans 3.5 syns for my half of the sachet.

2016_02_11_18_08_38.jpg

It was lovely. I think I should mix up my breakfasts and lunches a bit but I've really been enjoying what I've been having and the way I see it it's on plan so I'm not going to worry too much. I'm off work next week cos it's half term so I'm really going to have to watch myself - please check in with me to help me stay on track! It's easy to go off the rails on holiday!

H x

Had another good day today. Had a muller greek yoghurt (1/2 syn) for breakfast, followed by a banana and an apple. I went to my mum's for lunch and she had done a lovely vegetable soup which was really filling. I've just had salmon with sweet chilli sauce (2tbsp = 3 syns) and wilted spinach with some piri piri seasoning in it. I've finished the day with a Rolo chilled dessert for 8.5 syns. 12 syns in total for today. Just about to have a 300ml glass of 1% milk for my a choice cos I've not had anything yet.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow I'll get into the 14 stone bracket. I think I'll cry if I manage it!!!

Not been on in a few days. I lost half a pound on sat. Not the pound I needed but it's all in the right direction. Gone off the rails a bit this week cos it's half term so I'm not in work. I'm hoping for a maintain on Saturday. Just had this for lunch (pic is a bit rubbish). 2.5 syns for 5 slices of parma ham, asparagus and poached eggs. Yummy.

Not been shopping this week yet which is a bit fatal. We've done mini shops. No idea what to have for tea but I'm going to have a think about what to have before I go to yoga. I'll get what I need for tea on the way home. x

2016_02_17_15_13_48.jpg

Back