Becoming a slimmer Miller

It was really tasty. I left the poached eggs in a minute too long and the yoke wasn't too runny but it was still nice x

Asparagus, parma ham and eggs is a great combo, and looks delish! You'll get into the next bracket soon enough and any loss is a good loss. Hope the rest of your week goes well! x

Hopped on the scales this morning and it's going to take a miracle to get a maintain haha. Bloody half term! Oh well I can't undone what's gone. I've been better today though.

I had a hifi light bar (1/2 B) for brekkie with a Muller light vanilla yoghurt and 2 satsumas (they weren't very nice ones). We were on the go at lunch so I ate before I went - I had leftovers from dinner last night which was penne arrabiata but I didn't put parmesan on it as I have saved my syns for my tea - there wasn't much left but it was enough to keep me going until tea time.

For tea I've had a curry feast: chicken korma, basmati rice and naan breads (or my take on them at least). 14.5 syns for the can of blue dragon light coconut milk (but that has done 4 servings so that's 4 syns a serving when rounded up) and then 6.5 syns for 40g self raising flour in my naan bread.

If anyone fancies making the korma it goes as follows:
You need: 2 white onions roughly chopped, 1 inch of grated root ginger, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1 can blue dragon light coconut milk, 1tbsp ground corriander, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp turmeric, the seeds from 10 cardamom pods, juice of half a lemon, 140g fat free natural yoghurt (get a large tub as you need the rest for the naan bread), 1 chicken oxo cube, 3 tbsp sweetener. Lob it all in the blender and leave to blend for a minute or two. Cook some diced chicken in a large pan/wok. When cooked, slowly add the sauce and leave to simmer and also put the rice on to cook in a separate pan. I then make the naan bread. 40g self raising flour per naan bread (this makes a decent sized bread!!!) and 35g of the leftover fat free natural yoghurt and some salt and pepper. I sometimes add fresh garlic shoots if I have any (I grow garlic at certain times of the year) and I crush some cardamom seeds in the pestle and mortar (the seeds from 2 to 3 pods) and add that too. Mix it all together. It is super messy as you'll see from the pic below. When mixed, wash your hands and scrub the mix off with a washing up brush or similar. Dry your hands and dust them with a teeny bit of flour so the mixture doesn't stick to your hands. flatten the dough into a naan bread shape and put on a lightly fry lighted (you don't want much) warm-hot griddle pan. Leave it for about a minute and check the underside to see if it's looking ok. When it looks like a cooked pitta bread sorta thing, flip it over and do the other side. They should rise a bit and look a bit naan like when done. Set aside until the rice is cooked and the korma has thickened up a bit.

2016_02_18_19_18_55.jpg
2016_02_18_19_24_53.jpg
2016_02_18_19_26_20.jpg
2016_02_18_19_28_38.jpg
2016_02_18_19_28_18.jpg
2016_02_18_19_57_11.jpg

2016_02_18_20_03_16.jpg

So 10.5 syns today and that was all on dinner. Worth it though.

That looks amazing! I can't believe how big the naan is, the whole meal looks really good. Might try them as a pizza base next week! x

2lb on on Saturday. That's my own fault - chinese banquet at a restaurant with the family last Saturday night and then I messed around until I jumped back on the wagon on Thursday. I've given myself a head wobble and I'm back in the zone.

I've just done my shopping for the week - it was over £70 and there's only 2 of us! Ridiculous. Not even that much meat or other expensive items. That peed me off a bit. Anyhooo, at least I have all my food in now. This afternoon I've made a bulk batch of roast tomato and basil soup and it's gone between 5 tubs which will be my lunch every day this week. I'm going to have a go at SP this week.

Meal plan is as follows:
MON: Chicken stuffed with mozarella (A) wrapped in 3 slices parma ham (1.5 syns) with roasted butternut quash with chilli flakes scattered over it.
TUE: Salmon fillet with baby spinach with 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (3 syns)
WED: Full English - bacon medallions, mushrooms, baked beans, grilled tomatoes and a poached egg.
THU: Fajitas - peppers, onion, diced cherry tomatoes, corriander, fajita seasoning and a BFree wrap (B) with a bit of iceberg lettuce inside it too.
FRI: Thai fish cakes (cod, chilli, spring onion, salt and pepper) and salad.

For tea tonight I'm doing a roast chicken dinner. I'm having mash with my tea tonight and starting SP tomorrow for the rest of the week. I'm aiming to keep my syns at 10 or under every day next week (I can have 15 if I feel I really need it but I want to aim for under 10). I have lots of apples to snack on, and also tyrrells poshcorn sweet & salted 12g bags (3 syns a bag) and some tunnocks wafers (6.5 syns).

Lets see how I get on...

Having a go at Instagram. Yesterday at slimming world there was a lady who said she has a page (though I can't for the life of me find it) and finds it useful to look at other people's food and also document her own journey with food pics. I class myself good with computers but it has taken me a few hours to set one up and add a photo. Saying that, I was cooking Sunday dinner in between setting it up! Anyhow, I'm now on it so I'm going to try to upload piccies as I go.

For tea I've done a roast chicken dinner and it was lovely. Ready and set for a good week hopefully!!!

H x

Glad to see you're back in the zone, your meal plan for the week looks great! We spend about £70 a week at the moment for two of us, tis absolutely crazy sometimes. Especially when so much unhealthy food is just sooo cheap. :rolleyes:

Instagram is amazing for Slimming World ideas. Everyone is really friendly and supportive on there too! Looking forward to seeing all of your delicious food photos! x

So today I have had a chewy delight bar (x1 B) and 2 apples for breakfast. Then I had a tunnocks caramel wafer for 6.5 syns. For lunch I had roast tomato and basil soup. I've been drinking orange squash today at work (I do most days).

For tea I've had chicken stuffed with mozzarella (A) wrapped in 3 slices of parma ham (1.5 syns) and roasted butternut squash with schwartz piri piri shake. I bought a bag of frozen butternut squash cos I'm fed up of nearly losing a finger every time I chop fresh ones. Anyway the bag once cooked had shrunk so much I knew I'd end up hungry still so I did the bag of spinach that was for tomorrow's tea (I'll have to buy another bag for tomorrow). It was tasty. Glad I did the spinach too though.

As I'm doing SP I still have another B choice so I'm going to have a chocolate orange hifi bar later on - one would be speed but I can have 2 as a non speed B choice if I fancy. I'll decide later. Just about to have a can of diet lilt and watch this week's walking dead!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCGcINMi4OC/

Glad to see you're back in the zone, your meal plan for the week looks great! We spend about £70 a week at the moment for two of us, tis absolutely crazy sometimes. Especially when so much unhealthy food is just sooo cheap. :rolleyes:

Instagram is amazing for Slimming World ideas. Everyone is really friendly and supportive on there too! Looking forward to seeing all of your delicious food photos! x

I could do an unhealthy weekly food shop for under £30 I'm sure!!! I'm getting the hang of instagram now. There are lots of lovely meals there you're right. Going to have a browse for some inspiration for next week's meals.

H x

I'm just sat eating a tunnocks caramel wafer for 6.5 syns now that I've got in from a really pants day at work. For breakfast I had 4 oaty muffins spread across the morning which was first B choice. I had roast tomato and basil soup for lunch (as I will every day this week). I had 2 apples at work but didn't eat them as I wasn't very hungry. I will have one later if I get peckish.

I've got salmon, spinach and green beans for tea with sweet chilli sauce (2tbsp for 3 syns) and 2 choccie orange hifi bars for pudding as my 2nd B choice. I'll post a piccie of dinner later.

So today I have had a chewy delight bar (x1 B) and 2 apples for breakfast. Then I had a tunnocks caramel wafer for 6.5 syns. For lunch I had roast tomato and basil soup. I've been drinking orange squash today at work (I do most days).

For tea I've had chicken stuffed with mozzarella (A) wrapped in 3 slices of parma ham (1.5 syns) and roasted butternut squash with schwartz piri piri shake. I bought a bag of frozen butternut squash cos I'm fed up of nearly losing a finger every time I chop fresh ones. Anyway the bag once cooked had shrunk so much I knew I'd end up hungry still so I did the bag of spinach that was for tomorrow's tea (I'll have to buy another bag for tomorrow). It was tasty. Glad I did the spinach too though.

As I'm doing SP I still have another B choice so I'm going to have a chocolate orange hifi bar later on - one would be speed but I can have 2 as a non speed B choice if I fancy. I'll decide later. Just about to have a can of diet lilt and watch this week's walking dead!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCGcINMi4OC/
Oh my god, delish or what x

Seem to be sticking to SP ok so far. Day 3 today - just hoping it pays off on the scales on Saturday. It is hard though, I'm hoping I get a better weight loss than I would if I stuck to normal extra easy with the same willpower - basically I want 2.5lb off at least!

Today's food:

Chewy delight bar (1st B choice)
2 apples and a tunnocks caramel wafer at break (6.5 syns for tunnocks)
for lunch I had roast tomato and basil soup, followed by a 12g bag of tyrrells poshcorn sweet and salty (3 syns)
before yoga I had a choccie orange hifi bar (1/2 of 2nd B choice)
for my tea I've had a full English - bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomato, poached eggs, baked beans and a walls ready baked sausage for 4 syns.
I'm just eating my second choccie orange hifi bar (remaining 1/2 of 2nd B choice) and having a 300ml glass of 1% milk as I've not had my A choice yet either.

That's more syns than I was hoping for (13.5 total) but it's still within my allowance so all good.

Photo of dinner:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCLsEaXi4BP/?taken-by=slimmermiller

I had a wicked thought earlier, you know the breakfast oaty muffins I make? I wondered how they'd turn out if I put a teeny bit in the bottom, part baked them, then put a dollop of nutella in the middle for a few syns, and put the rest of the muffin mix on top and ate them warm? A warm nutella gooey oaty muffin. Mmmmmmm.......

I'm going to have a go at making some houmous tonight. Well that's the plan - something to snack on. Chickpeas, garlic and roasted red peppers with half a red chilli and some salt and pepper. No idea how it will turn out but one way to find out.

So that's 2 things I want to try out at some point. I am aware it's gone 9pm and I've not started houmous yet, so it might well be tomorrow night before I give it a go...

Food looks yum as always, and your eggs look so perfect! :)

Those muffins sound amazing too, let me know how they turn out! I might try and make some blueberry oat muffins next week using your SW recipe. They look lush in the photos! x

They're are an interesting texture though - don't expect them to taste like cake. If you drop them on a table they make a thud noise!

I forgot to buy a lemon for the houmous so it'll have to be tomorrow now.

I couldn't make poached eggs for toffee until I used Heston's technique. I crack the eggs into a seive and let the watery egg white drip through into a bowl (the stuff that ends up whispy all over the pan), then lower the egg (still in the seive) then tip it out slowly into the water. And voilá - for the first time even I have poached eggs that don't look like a half scrambled egg white with a yolk in the middle!

Ahh if only I had a sieve, that's such a good idea. Might have to invest in one! I can cook all kinds of crazy stuff, but I really struggle to cook a poached egg lol. :( x

Back