Beeeeeeeeea....

Im not sure Merlin. I suppose It depends on how long you want to do it for and if you want to do it after your holiday. You should maybe speak to one of the CDC's on here and see what they think.

Hi there,

God I understand too, I keep falling off the wagon, especially with the odd vodka (I have changed from wine) I keep trying though as I am sat here with my shake :( . I have 5 weeks to my hols, would it be worth changing to CD at this point?

Love Merlin x

I'd give it a go MErlin - because on CD after 5 weeks you go onto Add A Meal week, just in time for your holiday.... might be a good plan. I'm sure you will find CD much easier to stick to, as the products are so good, you have water flavourings and can have coke zero - its so much more flexible.

Wow Elle,

50lbs lost WTG!!!! That is absolutely Fab. I found out today that Vodka has NO carbs (Oh crap now I am tormented lol) I will email a CDC in the area and see what they say.

I was initially referred by my GP to the Hospital so I went along this week and it was a group session - rather odd really, felt like I was on an american sit com. Most of the people there were diabetic because of their weight problems so it put the frighteners on me a bit. They won't let me start the 36 week programme until I get back of my hols and it kinda (well in my mind) gave me authority to cheat, (I have a weird mind) I need to get back on track especially after seeing Elle do so great!

Love Merlin x

Hi there,

God I understand too, I keep falling off the wagon, especially with the odd vodka (I have changed from wine) I keep trying though as I am sat here with my shake :( . I have 5 weeks to my hols, would it be worth changing to CD at this point?

Love Merlin x

Well thats really interesting....I didnt realise that Vodka has zero carbs? Any idea what that combares to wine???

mmmmm pizza... I have a pepperoni one in my freezer lol
But my favourite 'treat' meal was always cold chicken, salad and a granary roll..... how odd am I?!

hmmmmm - to be honest - I much prefer savoury food as a treat than sweet treats....mine fav is smoked salmon, cream cheese on brown soda bread....oh my mouth is watering just typing this......:drool:

oooooooh got me drooling now too!

potato bread? er.... bread made with potaoes?! LOL!!!! how does that work?

heeeheeee.....this food thread is getting interesting.....been a while since I had some....

You are a very clever young lady Elle. What gave it away?? You don't get it over there but it would be a staple part of the unhealthy fried breakfast over here and I love it! I havent had it for ages and will probably never will again!! Boo hoo!!

Ah I dont know...when you reach goal you could allow yourself a little treat every now and again....oh yes! nothing like a brekkie with full works....(oh and potatoe cake.....yummy)

You are a very clever young lady Elle. What gave it away?? You don't get it over there but it would be a staple part of the unhealthy fried breakfast over here and I love it! I havent had it for ages and will probably never will again!! Boo hoo!!

:p:p:p:p

oh yum.... food lol

yes, i shall nip along to el chatto i think

Fancy a chat in the caht room for a giggle anyone?
Sorry answered too quick there....I need to log off and get my little fella to bed now but I could log back on at 10pm?????

Ok, I will go into the chat room for a bit but yes I have to get katie to bed to and will meet you back her at about 10pm. Anyone else is very welcome!

Hi Bea,

Wine is one of the worst offenders :(

If you google wine carb content it also somes up with a whole list of others too.

God I have my weigh in tomorrow and I am dreading it this week. LOL I tried to find a white alternative to diet coke so my hubby and mum couldn't tell but don't like tonic water. I cannot believe I am getting this bad.

Saying all that, please don't follow in my tracks, I must get back on the diet properly.

Love
Merlin X

Hi Merlin - I know from bitter experience what the side effects of wine are over several years..... never, ever again am I going to allow that to happen!!

I must have missed out on something, what are you needing to find to drink? Are you looking for a coke-substitute? If so, try coke zero because it contains no carbs at all and about 1 cal - if you can have it on CD I am certain there can be no reason not to have in on LT!

Thanks girls. I will try that.

Oh I love wine soooooooo much .....hell....I didnt realise it was the worst offender - I thought it was sort of low/med carbs.....of course starting off being 100lbs overweight should be a clue DOH!!!!!

I suppose Gin and dietTonic and Vodka & Coke Zero are the main ones you can have now?

Back