Red Days BEEF MINCE... SHOCK!

FYI Waitrose do an extra lean mince.

500g lean mince works out at 10syns, so if you are making 4 portions with it, it is only 2.5syns each. Whilst they are syns you may prefer to avoid, I would possibly use up (and syn) what you have rather than give it away!

I'll look out for Sainsbury's extra lean mince - thanks. Although it is one of those "Sainsbury's Local" so maybe they don't have it. Thanks for all you responses though, sounds like many already know what I have just found out. GL with WI everyone xx

I get my mince from a farm shop and although not labelled 'extra lean', it's far, far leaner than any I've had from the supermarket. Plus, I drain off any fat that comes out as I fry it seperately, so to be honest, I don't syn it...

Thats the same as my butchers stuff & I also drain although there isnt much to drain, but I also don't syn it :eek:

Sainsbury's do have extra lean mince, I bought some today, 4.5% fat :D. They used to have it in a be good to yourself pack but they changed it. The label looks just like the lean mince so be carefull.

Our Sainsburys is so small it is difficult to get ANY stuff in it for SW - well, the stuff I eat anyway. No Activia Fat Free yoghurts, no Shape Lasting Satisfaction yoghurts, no small Warburton loafs, only Apple Alpen Lights, no SW friendly cereals except Weetabix & Oat So Simple Original. no reduced fat sausages whatsoever.

YET according to their website it's a main store!!

i use good quality butcher mince with no fat coming off - if so i drain it, but i dont syn it nor will i - happy the way i do it

Another place you can get extra lean minced beef is M&S - not as cheap as some places but readily available. And it's nice too. :)

hi thought i would add my 2 pence worth, sorry if its already been mentiones, but asda do an extra lean mince, i buy a pack every week xx

I get my extra lean mince from morrisons. I remember from my old meetings that it's only extra lean that's free but my cosultant said as long as you dry fry lean mince and keep draining off the fat it should be free or very low.

I always used to get the healthy living frozen one. I've never bought mince with more fat in it as draining it makes me heave!
Quite a while ago I made the switch to quorn as it's healthier and cheaper. I buy the healthy living proper stuff once in a blue moon as a 'treat'

I tried turkey mince once and it was awful!
That being said at the Market in town on a Thursday there is a stall that sells slimming world approved chicken sausages. You can get loads of flavours and they are lovely!! I rarely eat sausages unless I have these as I don't want to waste syns on meat!!

I always used to get the healthy living frozen one. I've never bought mince with more fat in it as draining it makes me heave!
Quite a while ago I made the switch to quorn as it's healthier and cheaper. I buy the healthy living proper stuff once in a blue moon as a 'treat'

I tried turkey mince once and it was awful!
That being said at the Market in town on a Thursday there is a stall that sells slimming world approved chicken sausages. You can get loads of flavours and they are lovely!! I rarely eat sausages unless I have these as I don't want to waste syns on meat!!

I really miss the Tesco HL Frozen mince was such good value ,now I have to freeze the fresh stuff.

Hey all, just to update this thread, I'm just home from Asda and they defo do an extra lean however be careful because the packaginf is exactly the same as the lean!! I can now make my SW shepherds pie with my halo firmly in place, shame about my blip on Thurday Friday tho :( it's WI tonight and I'm dreading it. Lost 6lb since joining in Jan and I've had the worst wk(* wk and as stressful as you like, lots to deal with) so I'm banking on a 2lb gain tonight. I have had LOTS of chocolate, I've been debating with myseld all weekend whether or not to put a holiday in but have decided I might aswell see where I am so I can start fresh tomorrow - Will let you all know.... xx

I've been debating with myseld all weekend whether or not to put a holiday in but have decided I might aswell see where I am so I can start fresh tomorrow - Will let you all know.... xx

Well done for going to group!! It can be daunting when you think you've had a gain but its the best thing to do. Good luck tonight

xxxx

Thanks pesty, I'm not looking forward to it trust me but after much debating I think it's best to know where I am rather than trying to speculate and hope next week will be ok. If it's a 2lb gain then I know how to structure my week for maximum weight loss (hopefully). I'm just looking forward to getting this week behind me - C'est la Vie!!

Its always been extra lean beef mince thats free but I prefer turkey mince tbh. It's much leaner!

Back