Beef Stroganoff

lydia150970

Gold Member
I'm making this tonight, will let you know what it likes

BEEF STROGANOFF

Serves 2

6 propoints per serving

Ingredients

300g beef tenderloin or lean sirloin steak, sliced into strips (10 pp)
1 small onion (0 pp)
3 cloves of garlic crushed (0pp)
10 button mushrooms sliced (0 pp)
300ml of beef stock made with some Bovril (0 pp)
1 tablespoon of tomato puree (1 pp)
1/2 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard (0 pp)
1 tablespoon of thyme (0 pp)
salt and pepper to season (0 pp)
1/2 teaspoon of paprika (0 pp)
splash of Worcestershire sauce (0pp)
splash of balsamic vinegar (0pp)
approx 3 tablespoons of fat free natural yoghurt (1 pp)
Frylight or Pam spray

Method

Heat a non stick frying pan and spray with some Frylight or Pam spray, add the beef tenderloin, season with salt and pepper and brown well.

Add the tomato puree and thyme to the beef stock.

Remove beef tenderloin from the frying pan, add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and couple of tablespoons of the stock and keep on a high heat to cook until golden, as the stock reduces keep adding more, repeating the process until only a 1/4 of the stock remains and the onion and mushrooms are nicely caramelised.

Add the beef tenderloin back to the pan and the rest of the stock with a splash of worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and the paprika. When the remainder of the stock has almost reduced. Lower the heat right down.

Add the mustard and add a bit of the juice from the stroganoff to the yoghurt, to bring it to the same temperature as the stroganoff and then gradually stir it all in. Avoid over stirring or the yoghurt will start to separate (turn off heat at this stage).

Remove from the heat and your stroganoff is ready to serve.

You can serve it with rice, pasta or potatoes.

Just to let you know that this was AMAZING really rich, thoroughly enjoyed it and will be a regular in my household

This sounds great. I'll make it for the whole family next weekend maybe. YUM! :)

Back