Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Oh I love the crispy shakes, there the best!! Xx

Ive just taken stock of everything I have and have planned out what Im having tomorrow and Sunday in order to make sure I try as much of the stuff that I *THINK* I may like as possible before I order on Monday morning. There are a few of the shakes that I just dont think I will LOVE so Im not going to worry too much about them - banana, strawberry, caramel...and a few others. So I will leave those for Monday/Tuesday and if I happen to LOVE them...I can always include them in my next order in a months time.

So day 3 has been fantastic. Minor headache which was cleared up with a couple of ibuprofen. Otherwise, totally fine. SO excited for tomorrow! Im going to make a trip to the fruit and veg shop to top up my broccoli and asparagus, maybe get a courgette ( i think that was on the list, must double check) as well. (Unless its snowing, as forecast, Ugh.)

I only ever order shakes and bars, might order some soups/meals but will be gutted if I don't like them!! Hmmmm decisions decisions xxxx

I love the meals poured over veg for my main meal - very filling! I've not found one I don't like yet! Might be worth trying a few! xxx

i have liked the meals so far but wont bother with soups.

having my crispy choc shake now. yum! its good but i wonder how it compares to the choc one. will try that tomorrow!

I liked both, but think crispy is the best :) xxx

Ive just taken stock of everything I have and have planned out what Im having tomorrow and Sunday in order to make sure I try as much of the stuff that I *THINK* I may like as possible before I order on Monday morning. There are a few of the shakes that I just dont think I will LOVE so Im not going to worry too much about them - banana, strawberry, caramel...and a few others. So I will leave those for Monday/Tuesday and if I happen to LOVE them...I can always include them in my next order in a months time.

So day 3 has been fantastic. Minor headache which was cleared up with a couple of ibuprofen. Otherwise, totally fine. SO excited for tomorrow! Im going to make a trip to the fruit and veg shop to top up my broccoli and asparagus, maybe get a courgette ( i think that was on the list, must double check) as well. (Unless its snowing, as forecast, Ugh.)

Wish I'd done that! Am so unorganised! I've ordered not enough of some, and too few of others....can see next week onwards being a laugh ;)

GREAT you've not had any major symptoms! Today (4th) has been a good one for me - minor headache, but it hasn't stopped me doing anything!

Yes, you can have courgette! Wish I'd checked the allowed veg before I went shopping - I have a humongous bag of sprouts which I can't eat!

See, disorganised!

Have a FAB day tomo!!
xxx

I emailed S&S asking about free postage on a big order (i asked very nicely, too!) And got this long waffling reply from Rob about profits blah blah. Kindve annoyed, tbh. Oh well. But most companies DO offer free delivery on orders over X amount. I will definitely not bother emailing them anymore! Now to see if I can get back to sleep. Got up for a wee and then couldnt sleep. Lol

Morning! Its Day 4!

Feeling fine this morning. No headache, no nothing. Just got up and got myself a pint of water. I was pretty thirsty this morning so its actually nearly gone! lol I got weighed because...well, why the heck not?! lol Im down another 2lbs which brings my total to 10 lbs in 3 days. I cant even put into words how shocked, thrilled and excited I am. Im just gobsmacked, really.

So I was thinking I may try to find a very basic tai chi dvd to do in the house. Just something to keep my muscles moving. In the winter, especially, there are times when I dont get out for a few days. Either there is snow or its just too cold to take the girls (and me!) out. Either way, it wouldnt hurt. I dont want anything even slightly vigorous. I just want something to help me stretch and keep my muscles going. Just a thought right now. I will have to look into it.

So today, Im going to have either the porridge or oatmeal for breakfast around 9:30. Will report back afterwards!

I emailed S&S asking about free postage on a big order (i asked very nicely, too!) And got this long waffling reply from Rob about profits blah blah. Kindve annoyed, tbh. Oh well. But most companies DO offer free delivery on orders over X amount. I will definitely not bother emailing them anymore! Now to see if I can get back to sleep. Got up for a wee and then couldnt sleep. Lol

Booo! That's a bit rubbish!!
Profits my a**!!! I bet they make a ton!
And you're right, most companies do offer something if asked at least!
Oh well....wonder if it's cos a few people have asked recently? Could be.
Still rubbish though...Rob's the owner too xxx

Morning! Its Day 4!

Feeling fine this morning. No headache, no nothing. Just got up and got myself a pint of water. I was pretty thirsty this morning so its actually nearly gone! lol I got weighed because...well, why the heck not?! lol Im down another 2lbs which brings my total to 10 lbs in 3 days. I cant even put into words how shocked, thrilled and excited I am. Im just gobsmacked, really.

So I was thinking I may try to find a very basic tai chi dvd to do in the house. Just something to keep my muscles moving. In the winter, especially, there are times when I dont get out for a few days. Either there is snow or its just too cold to take the girls (and me!) out. Either way, it wouldnt hurt. I dont want anything even slightly vigorous. I just want something to help me stretch and keep my muscles going. Just a thought right now. I will have to look into it.

So today, Im going to have either the porridge or oatmeal for breakfast around 9:30. Will report back afterwards!

That's BRILL!!! :D It's sooooooo exciting isn't it! Bet you're so pleased!

Sounds good! I usually do Zumba, but it's high impact, and burns over 500 cals - so I figured I'd have to leave that alone until I'm doing the 3 packs + 1 protein meal.
Still trying to get out for a good walk though, and today is vac'ing up day, which actually burns quite a lot of calories given the amount I do! I'll be shattered after, lol!

Hope you enjoy brekkie, I personally love those two!

WELL DONE! What a fabulous first week, so far - imagine what you'll feel like at the end of this week!

xxx

Ive been trying to keep busy in the house too, just to me active but its hard because my eldest is still potty training so she asks to go to the toilet every 5 seconds (lol) and my littlest is ...well..little. LOL. But yes, Im amazed and so thrilled with the results so far.

As for the delivery thing. His reply was pretty much a load of rubbish. He said that the more you order (ie, the 28 days) the less profit they make and that other companies that offer free delivery over a certain amount usually adjust the price of the item(s) they sell so its not really "free". Which may well be true (although not always) but its just bad customer service, if you ask me. most reputable companies I have ever ordered from have had a standard notice on their website that if you spend X amount you get free delivery. End of. So Im a bit miffed tbh. But thats fine. lol. Whatever he wants. I find their customer service really poor actually. I had asked on the live help whether I could use the *granulated* Splenda, as opposed to tablets. She took forever to answer and when she did, she simply said "You are allowed artificial sweeteners". That was it! lol. So, thus far, although I love the product, Im not overly impressed with the "service" ive gotten. Regardless, there is plenty of help and info on here. :) I will just carry on.

Ive been trying to keep busy in the house too, just to me active but its hard because my eldest is still potty training so she asks to go to the toilet every 5 seconds (lol) and my littlest is ...well..little. LOL. But yes, Im amazed and so thrilled with the results so far.

As for the delivery thing. His reply was pretty much a load of rubbish. He said that the more you order (ie, the 28 days) the less profit they make and that other companies that offer free delivery over a certain amount usually adjust the price of the item(s) they sell so its not really "free". Which may well be true (although not always) but its just bad customer service, if you ask me. most reputable companies I have ever ordered from have had a standard notice on their website that if you spend X amount you get free delivery. End of. So Im a bit miffed tbh. But thats fine. lol. Whatever he wants. I find their customer service really poor actually. I had asked on the live help whether I could use the *granulated* Splenda, as opposed to tablets. She took forever to answer and when she did, she simply said "You are allowed artificial sweeteners". That was it! lol. So, thus far, although I love the product, Im not overly impressed with the "service" ive gotten. Regardless, there is plenty of help and info on here. :) I will just carry on.

What a pile of poo! That's the worst excuse I've ever heard! Do they not want repeat customers??!!
You know, Exante have an offer on at present, their products work out cheaper, so if you're doing this long term, may be worth looking at?
There isn't any help with Exante, that's why their prices are lower - they're currently doing a bumper month's pack for £75 for Feb, but there's always offers on.
Just a thought, because this one, even though cheaper than Cambridge, LL, etc., isn't the cheapest VLCD diet out there. xxx

I just had a look and there isnt much variety. Im happy with the s&s products and I can manage the cost. I think I will keep on. i know its working and I cant see me getting bored with options. I just thought he was a bit snotty for no reason. lol Anyway, doesnt matter.

Im going to put Zoe down for her nap and then have the porridge or oatmeal.

Just had the Sweet Porridge. I had to add a little sweetener but it was REALLY lovely! Will definitely be ordering some of those!

Will start my 2nd pint of water in half an hour or so.

Its a miserable snowy day here today so it looks like we wont be going to the shop for veg. I will have the hubby pick it up for me instead.

Lunch today is a choc shake, between 1;30 and 2. :)

what are their packs like?

Personally, I don't know - I've read a lot of reviews though and it seems their products are good. People say taste creamier, etc.
I was thinking, once I've finished my supply, if I need to do more, I may do Exante for a month, because it is just so much cheaper!

Yep, love the Sweet Porridge! Wish I had some left, I've got to survive on soups and shakes for breakfast until Tuesday, arrggghhh!
Oatmeal is sweeter for some bizzare reason - if you like the porridge I think you'll love that :)

It's miserable here too. No snow, but freezing. Going to get a few chores done, then just chill because I've been non stop all week!
Hubby home so he can entertain LO for a while ;)

xxx

To be honest, completely disagree.

I can't fault slim and save's customer service at all. They always answer every question I have and quickly. I've had late night replies, even at the weekend. They are, in my opinion, an excellent company.

Some companies do offer free delivery for over x amount but they also charge a lot more than slim and save do. A LOT more. Shakes are 1.79 but 1.39 if you order a weeks supply so lets go for that price. Order a month and they work out 1.15 each, saving 24p per pack and 26.88 per order, it's an even bigger saving if you order the 5 a day pack. So they're already giving you a discount for buying in bulk, they dot really have any obligation to then give you free postage as well. Exante, for example, charge 150 for their 4 week pack where you pick your packs. You might get free postage saving 5 but they're still more expensive.

Exante are cheaper atm the moment because they have massive offers on but they're normally more expensive. They're also not very nice and have not much variety, I think they're losing a LOT of customers and that's why they've got such big discounts this month. I tried exante and couldn't do it, it was disgusting. Everyone that I know who has done it gave up or switched because they hated it. I've not found a vlcd cheaper than this one tbh, might be though and I've just not found it!

At the end of the day, slim and save is a business and so they are there to make profit. You don't make profit by giving people free delivery when you will have to pay that cost anyway when you've already given them an incentive/discount for buying a big order. I totally get asking, worth a try, but honestly dot see why you'd be annoyed that they said no.

Last edited:
To be honest, completely disagree.

I can't fault slim and save's customer service at all. They always answer every question I have and quickly. I've had late night replies, even at the weekend. They are, in my opinion, an excellent company.

Some companies do offer free delivery for over x amount but they also charge a lot more than slim and save do. A LOT more. Shakes are 1.79 but 1.39 if you order a weeks supply so lets go for that price. Order a month and they work out 1.15 each, saving 24p per pack and 26.88 per order, it's an even bigger saving if you order the 5 a day pack. So they're already giving you a discount for buying in bulk, they dot really have any obligation to then give you free postage as well. Exante, for example, charge 150 for their 4 week pack where you pick your packs. You might get free postage saving 5 but they're still more expensive.

Exante are cheaper atm the moment because they have massive offers on but they're normally more expensive. They're also not very nice and have not much variety, I think they're losing a LOT of customers and that's why they've got such big discounts this month. I tried exante and couldn't do it, it was disgusting. Everyone that I know who has done it gave up or switched because they hated it. I've not found a vlcd cheaper than this one tbh, might be though and I've just not found it!

At the end of the day, slim and save is a business and so they are there to make profit. You don't make profit by giving people free delivery when you will have to pay that cost anyway when you've already given them an incentive/discount for buying a big order. I totally get asking, worth a try, but honestly dot see why you'd be annoyed that they said no.

They were good with my when I called in a panic when I was having weird symptoms - I can't fault them so far.
I asked for a delivery discount, and I got one - suppose I was just lucky :)
They probably have so many they can do per month, and may have run out! Plus, I suppose if we all asked all the time, and got it, we'd come to expect it.
Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Do you think Exante are losing customers? It did seem strange to see the big discounts for Feb. I know they always offer for bulk, but the Feb one for £75 is a great price - Can't comment on products tho as I haven't tried them - just heard they were supposed to be nice. Everyone's diff I suppose :)

xxx

Its not that they said NO, Caz. I come from a family of business and shop owners. My hubby and his brother have a carpet shop for instance. And really...I just felt his reply was a bit unprofessional. A simple "no" would have been absolutely fine! But to go on about gimmicks and profits and just the tone of it was unnecessary. Also, if they dont offer free delivery, then they should just NOT offer it across the board. Not "some get it and some dont". Whys that?

I would have been perfectly happy (because, really, its just a fiver...and youre already forking out well over a hundred quid anyway, so whats another 5 quid to get your order shipped, next day. its not a big deal) with a reply of "No, Im sorry, we dont" to my question of "do you not offer free delivery on orders over a certain amount or have I missed it somewhere on the site?". Simples. :)

Anyway. Had my Sweet Porridge this morning and it was verrry nice. Im about to go whizz up the chocolate shake in the blender and try that out for lunch. Ive had 3 pints of water and Im on track (despite a little kip I had with my girls this morning! LOL )

Hope everyone's saturday is going well!

I know what u mean Beelishy, I've seen a couple of posts were people have got free delivery when they have asked, should be the same conditions across the board me thinks xxxx

Back