Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Hi Bee! :)
How are you Hun?! Did you start the packs after all? I've never heard about the TOTM contraindications and to be honest each time I started a VLCD I was on and it never bothered me.
Sending you hugs xxx

Hope you're having the best time EVER on your hols! :)

I re-started when TOTM arrived and there were no problems. I think they say not to start at this time for one reason - the water weight one gains leading up to & including being on TOTM can affect the weight loss, and that is all it is, nothing more nothing less, and certainly nothing sinister.

Had 2 days back on, lost 5lbs, then had a planned night off because we went up to our friend's for a meal which I'd totally forgotten about. I didn't eat stupidly though, so even though I know it will affect the water weight gain & ketosis, over the week I'll still have lost.

So tired today - stayed up till after midnight for no reason other than I wanted to dream feed Max his bottle! With him being sick, that's the only way I'm getting some more calories down him! So tired and got the house to clean on this glorious day, bleh! :/

Anyway, just a little catch up - really hope you're having the most fantastic time!

Love and :bighug:xxx

Im back.

Not in a very good place emotionally. Don't want to be here...didn't want to leave. There is more to it than that but that's all I can be bothered to say right now.

So needless to say, Im not in a good place to be starting any kind of diet. Im going to get weighed in the morning just out of curiosity and I will post that...but I have very little appetite right now (this is a common thing for me after I get back from being home) and will probably last a while as usual. I have a boatload of life issues to sort through right now and when i get to it....the diet will be one of them. Or SOME KIND of diet, at least.

Hope everyone is doing well! Jetlag is the devil. My poor Zoe woke up at 3am which is why I am updating here at just before 4am! ugh.

I will try to get caught up with everyone over the next few days! :) xx

Hey bee, poor you :( :( my OH gets v down when we leave Malaysia where he grew up and I *almost* understand this as last year we were there for three Weeks while the olympics was on and watching London from across the world hurt a little even though I never considered myself to be patriotic

Anyway honey give yourself a few days to wallow then try to pick yourself up

We're here for you xxx

Morning.

Ive been feeling a bit better as of late. Its always insanely difficult for me to leave home and come back here. Every time is the same. But Im slowly coming around now. My appetite has been very odd lately. I havent weighed myself since that day after we got back....so I have no idea where I am, weightwise. I have felt like TOTM was about to start for about 3 weeks now, with nothing. Its friggin AWFUL. uughh. And Im just SO tired. All the time. lol. Anyway. bleh.

We've made a decision - a very big one - and have started to work towards a huge life-goal. I cant really say much more than that at the moment. but I wanted to note it here for when Im looking back on this journey of mine. So it is exciting and stressful and wonderful.

Speaking of my journey....next week...it will begin again. I am still trying to figure out how I want to go about it. But I have a good few days to work on that aspect. I just know that I want...and need...to get back on the wagon. I have packs left over...I have slim fast stuff left over...and I have SW experience and low carb/cal counting and exercise experience as well. So I havent decided how...but next week...I will be back :)

Morning.

Ive been feeling a bit better as of late. Its always insanely difficult for me to leave home and come back here. Every time is the same. But Im slowly coming around now. My appetite has been very odd lately. I havent weighed myself since that day after we got back....so I have no idea where I am, weightwise. I have felt like TOTM was about to start for about 3 weeks now, with nothing. Its friggin AWFUL. uughh. And Im just SO tired. All the time. lol. Anyway. bleh.

We've made a decision - a very big one - and have started to work towards a huge life-goal. I cant really say much more than that at the moment. but I wanted to note it here for when Im looking back on this journey of mine. So it is exciting and stressful and wonderful.

Speaking of my journey....next week...it will begin again. I am still trying to figure out how I want to go about it. But I have a good few days to work on that aspect. I just know that I want...and need...to get back on the wagon. I have packs left over...I have slim fast stuff left over...and I have SW experience and low carb/cal counting and exercise experience as well. So I havent decided how...but next week...I will be back :)

Just one question for you, your not pregnant are you? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning.

Yaaayy!! Beeee!! Getting back from a place you grew up in and emotionally associate as being 'home' is tough and disorientating. I've lived in the UK since I was 10 (17 years now!), but I still crave my home countries. I miss them a lot. Every time I go there I feel so peaceful... and when I get back to the UK it's all alien and slightly foreign all over again for a week or so. It's almost like - your possessions and people that you know in the UK are 'yours', but they're in the WRONG PLACE...

We'll be here to support you come next week whatever diet you decide to do! :D

x

Thanks Min xxx :)

Right. So....Im struggling (still) with what to do, starting on Monday. I need to do SOMETHING. I havent weighed myself since that day right after we got back but I have had loads of absolute RUBBISH. Carbs galore. So Im expecting it to be bad. Nevermind. Onward. So...what to do? The problem is that we are seriously skint. The holiday put into even more debt than we were in. :( So we have a very very strict budget to stick to for food. (for everything, really). So I counted my SnS and I have 11 meals, 9 packs of porridge, 6 bars and 17 shakes. If I work that at 4 a day it gives me 10 days and then 1 day at 3 packs and protein. Or, If I do 3 packs and protein, it gives me 14 days (and a pack left over). I also have at least a week of slimfast stuff left. So Im thinking that I might do 3 packs per day, plus eggs/quorn salad for the 14 days. Then start the slimfast and get rid of that kindve as a means to wean myself back onto calorie counting/low carb and exercise. Keeping cals at 1200 and carbs around 60.(I only say 60 because I love fruit and veg - and I have loads, but I will stay away from bananas. Im still in shock about that blurb someone posted that bananas have like 20-odd carbs!!)

So I think this is going to be the plan. Today and tomorrow I will try to curb my eating so its not SUCH a shock to the system on Monday. But Im not going to go crazy just yet. LOL.

So, as of monday I shall be back here. :) WHERE IS EVERYONE?! lol :D xx

Sounds like a great plan bee at least you've got a few Weeks of diet supplies left. Hear you on the money been trying to cut down the kids carbs but money so tight I have to go with the bread and potatoes and pasta, chocbiscuit in lunchbox instead of more expensive Babybel etc. grrrrr!! Wish I could afford a nice piece of meat every day :) might start collecting roadkill!

jump back in on Monday and do what you can :)

We're also planning a holiday that we can't afford next year back to Malaysia which will put us further into debt but if we don't do it now son will be too old and not want to come with us, oh is homesick and wants to go back so just gotta seize the day I guess!! Worry about it when we get back.

Have a great weekend honey xxx

Morning everyone!

Im back. This morning has been a bit hilariously sad already and its only just gone 7am!

I reluctantly got up at 6:30 - Zoe woke me up and wouldnt go back to sleep. :( So groggily I shuffle into the living room and put her in her playpen. I go get her a banana but I did my usual "shove the other half in my mouth, mindlessly" !!!! About 2 mins after I ate it I said (out loud) "Oh, sh!t! Sh!t sh!t. Im starting today!!" lol Bah! So then I went over and decided to weigh myself. Oh the horror. 268!!!! :cry:

Whatever. Onward now. Ive had a shower and Im going to get some water and some coffee. Ive gotta go to the docs today and Im getting a hair cut! Its very long but Im sick of it now. Not sure what I will do with it, yet.

Anyhoo. Today (pretending the banana didnt happen!) will look like this, meals-wise:

B: shake

L: a meal or a pancake

D: a quorn salad (quorn on lettuce with cucumber)

S: a bar or shake

have a good one!

never mind - today is day 0 preparing for day 1 tomorrow ;) GO GIRL!! If I can get back on the wagon anyone can, I feel rubbish and want to eat all the junk in the world but *something* is stopping me from doing it. Desperation probably!!! Or that I'm going to see George Watsky with son in July and I don't want to be as fat so I can chat him up lol ;) ;)

Just want to be thin TOMORROW! that's the problem with starting again - we know it's such a long road that it feels like you'll never get there so what's the point in trying!!

Seriously though, read this diary - I spent all day reading it yesterday (stalker alert) and it got me all fired up!! http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/304362-wannabeskinnyminnies-fat-fab-diary-2013-a.html totes inspirational and she's right nearly at the end now and looking amazing and in size 10 tops. I was just glued to my phone reading it all day ignoring everyone :D:D:D lock the kids in a cupboard ;) haha

STUPID carbs they've ruined our lives *storms out dramatically* xxxxx

Totally right. I will have a nice long read of that diary tomorrow morning with my cuppa coffee (i start my days with a water and a coffee when on SnS) and Im sure that'll keep me going. I had every intention on actually starting today too. But I was a busy bee and a bit stressed (had a last minute appt at the docs for these boil/spot things ive been getting in my armpits (tmi, ew sorry lol) and its worrying me and stressing me and so i saw the doc and shes like "well you could lose weight!" WTF?! hahah that's her answer for EVERYTHING. and shes tiny, blonde and pretty (and a doctor). Ugh. And anyway. I just had a fail. I will own it. So tomorrow. I will pack the hubs off to work and do my thing. :D xx

ooh you've had loads cut off, it's lovely and thick :)

It's easy for a thin doctor to say 'lose weight'!! you'll show her ;) swagger in there, all waif like and be like 'yeah what's the problem?' *flick hair* then saunter out!!
xxx

LOL Lou...that made me gigglesnort!

Anyway....

Morning! Day 1!!!!! (again!)

No accidental slips. No nothin. Just ready to DO THIS! I had...erm....a massive clear out yesterday (ahem. sry) and have magically lost 2lbs since yesterday. No WONDER Ive felt bloated and uncomfortable!!!!! Seriously...omg. So yes. 266lbs this morning. :D Not AS bad.

Mini-goal - GET UNDER 260 LBS!!

Todays Menu (spoken in a terrible french accent):

B: shake

L: a meal or a pancake

D: a quorn salad (quorn on lettuce with cucumber)

S: a bar or shake

So now....Im having a coffee and crystal light. Its a sugar free drink mix from the states. We dont really do squash or the dilute-y juice stuff....we do sachets of powder. lol. Anyway, these are my fave and Ive brought back quite a bit. Ive mixed up 1 sachet which makes about a litre and Ive got it in my big plastic cup with straw and lid. Aaah, the little things make me happy and make it all a bit easier for me. lolol :D When I run out of Crystal Light, I will make my mommy send more. *pouty spoiled brat tone* hahahaha. The only thing about crystal light is it has citric acid but I DONT CARE. LOL

Right, have a great day all! xx

Back