Been for a run and feeling great!

echoshell

So I use the term 'run' quite loosely as my running usually involves 2 min running 2 minute walking intervals or whatever I can manage with warm up and cool down. But I went and did it and feeling quite pleased with myself now. Covered 3 miles in 36min apparently burning 478 calories. I even got a smile from another runner over the other side of the road, although maybe the smile was at my bright red face :)

Is there anyone that could offer any advice to someone that is new to running? Or anyone else that is new to running that would like to join me in my mission to be able to run?

Hey that's how I started, I download the couch to 5k app and started with 1 minute running 1 1/2 minute walking for half hour 3 times for a week, then add more every week! Worked for me and I'm now on my way to doing 10k, if you would have seen me the first week you would never think I would be able to do a whole 5k run but I did!! You'll do it just keep at it! Good luck x

Oh yea the best app I've found is "run for pink" as it tells you what to do every change rather than some others just beep and then your running for ages to find you should be doing your cool down!! x

Thanks for this kayleehollie and well done on the progress with our running. You're doing great!
I must confess I haven't been running since but I am determined to do it, i just need to find a way to fit it into my daily routine.
My friend did the Shefffield 10k on Sunday and I'd love to do it with her next year so hopefully that'll keep me motivated.

My daughter and I started the couch to 5k, but the 110+ heat here kind of stopped us for a while! I may try the "run for pink" app out :)

Back