been here before...or looking for the thin person inside of me

Wasn't here for a few days, but am back now. I haven't lost any weight last week, but I'm not complaining.
Today is my first session with my personal trainer. I am a bit nervous, as I don't want to embarrass myself, but I am really unfit, that's why am always dreading to go to the gym. I hope he is nice and he can help me build up my fitness levels again.

Breakfast: Mixed Berries, seeds and nuts with yoghurt and soya milk
Snack: a hard boiled egg
Lunch: Leftover Greek giant beans (sooo yummy)
Snack: Comté and extra mature Gouda cheese and grapes
Dinner: California Salad (with white and red cabbage, turnip, spring onion, maple glazed pecan nuts and oranges)

Breakfast:

Hi Bigbear. My first PT session was great :) I actually enjoyed it, although beforehand I had dreaded going to the Gym, as I always feel like everybody else is fitter than I am.

Today's Plan:

Snack: a hard boiled egg
Lunch: Leftover Greek giant beans (sooo yummy)
Dinner: Homemade Spiced Paneer and Peas

I might also have a piece of cake, which I baked yesterday... It's my birthday today and I think I deserve a little treat. It's an Almond and Orange Cake without Flour and Sugar. It smells really good, but I've never made it before, so I don't know what it'll taste like.

Happy birthday!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling sad today. It seems so unfair when you want something so badly but it feels out of your control.
You're doing so well on your diet, that I'm sure the losses will all build up soon and you'll see a big difference.
Is there a particular weight/bmi you need to get to for fertility treatments?

I'm turning 34 next month, and am now trying for a baby. Hoping my weight won't get in the way, but know that really I need to,lose a load more to be healthy during pregnancy

Hello Bigbear, thank you for your kind words, I'm feeling a bit better today. I need to have an BMI of 30 at the most, which means I have to lose about 5 and a half stone, which seems so far away. For adoption it is about the same... I hope I'll get there...

Snack: Leftover slice of cake
Lunch: Salad from Subway (birthday treat from my colleague)
Dinner: Homemade Spiced Paneer and Peas

When I click on your photos all I get is "error" and nothing else on the page. The food you are eating is a bit like mine especially when I am at home. When I make cauliflower rice I have found it is better to steam it than boil it - I have done it in the microwave but don't like the texture done that way.
I am reading Patrick Holford - The Low GL Diet Bible which is low carb - not finished it yet but liking the idea of it - if you are on facebook he has a page on there and lots of free info about the diet all over the internet.
I originally lost 5.5 stones and it took me about a year on and off then I have recently gained a stone so back on here doing calorie counting but also taking notice of what I am reading.
Good Luck with your personal trainer - my friend had one last year and we were all so jealous.

Thank you, systema, I will look him up, maybe I can find some useful tips :)

busy day at work today, so I didn't even have a chance to come onto the forum this morning.

I'm already halfway through my meals, but this is Today's plan:

Snack: a hardboiled egg
Lunch: Leftover Homemade Spiced Paneer and Peas
Dinner: Buttermilk Chicken with Parsnip Rösti

I am also having my second session with my PT today, apparently we're doing arms.
My gym also runs a 'Biggest Loser'-Course for one months. They guarantee weight-loss or you get your money back. I might just try that as well. If I don't like it it doesn't matter so much, because it's only for a month...

So, second PT session done...Was difficult, but I enjoyed it. MY PT said doing this other course might be overdoing it to start with, so I won't do it at the moment...My arms are a bit sore, but it's ok, I am afraid, though, it will be a lot worse tomorrow.

The buttermilk chicken yesterday evening was really nice :)

Today's Plan:

Lunch: Leftover Buttermilk Chicken with Parsnip Rösti
Dinner: Nut burgers (we'll see if it happens this time)

I've lost one pound this week, not much, but better than nothing. Didn't have a great weekend. Had an argument with my husband and didn't sleep very well. Am a bit fed up in general at the moment. Have had my period non stop since the beginning of the year, losing weight is hard work and I don't see much improvement...Not really sure where I am going wrong.

Today's Plan:

Lunch: Broccoli, Peas and Asparagus with minted butter and chicken bites
Snack: Comté and extra mature Gouda cheese and grapes or a tin of tuna
Dinner: Chicken meat loaf

The thing with your periods is awful - I had this a few years ago and went to my doctor who sorted it out straight away.
Check your eating plan with your PT - that is what you pay him for :) my friends PT was also a nutritionist who sorted out her diet for her as well. How many cals do you eat each day ?

Hi systema, I honestly don't know how many calories I eat. I don't count calories, because I get easily obsessed and then try to eat less and less each day (I had an eating disorder when I was younger, and I think some of the behaviors are still there when I 'invite' them...) I've just done rough sums for one day and would guess I eat about 1500 calories per day, my GP recommended between 1400 and 1900 calories per day to lose weight...

Third session with PT done and man that was a hard one. It was leg day and he really pushed me yesterday. My legs are a little bit sore today, but it usually hits me 2 days after work out, so we'll see what I feel like tomorrow.

Today's Plan:

Lunch: Leftover Chicken meat loaf
Snack: Comté and extra mature Gouda cheese and grapes or a tin of tuna
Dinner: Creamy Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese (maybe...)

Last edited:
Just came from the gym and now sitting at work eating my breakfast. I'm very proud of myself that I actually managed to get up earlier and go to the gym this morning :)

Today's Plan:

Lunch: Leftover Creamy Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese
Snack: a tin of tuna
Dinner: not sure yet...

Yesterday's Dinner was Lebanese Roll Pizza (It's a broccoli, cheese and chia seed base, with spiced mince beef on top and fresh tomatoes and basil on top of that after cooking), it's really yummy. My muscles are still a bit sore. I hope that's better tomorrow morning, when I'll have my next PT session.

Today's Plan:

Lunch: Leftover Lebanese Roll Pizza
Snack: Comté and extra mature Gouda cheese cubes
Dinner: either nut burgers or rocket and ricotta 'cheese cake'

I love how diverse and interesting your dinners are Mr S
You're doing a great job sustaining steady progress.
Glad you've found a plan that works for you xx

Hi craftermary, sorry, I was home really late yesterday, so didn't go online again. Will send the recipe, though, I didn't forget.

Hi Bigbear, thank you :) I haven't lost a lot the last couple of week, so I've asked my PT to have a look over what I am eating. We'll see what his verdict is.

Another PT session done this morning...this one was really hard, but I am feeling good now.
Yesterday we had Rocket and Ricotta 'Cheese Cake' (for want of a better work) for dinner, it wasn't my favourite, but my husband loved it.

Today' Plan:

Lunch: Leftover rocket and ricotta 'cheese cake'
Snack: Comté and extra mature Gouda cheese cubes
Dinner: nut burgers

Back