Been on DC again a few days now..

Dreamer

Gold Member
Struggling to stick with it :( I am losing weight, but I want to use my packs! I keep finding something else from the cupboard instead, and then I won't eat the pack as I've already had my other food. Better news is though that I've lost a pound in a few days :)

Hope everyone else is doing well (and better than me!)

But the packs are so yummy!! Just remind yourself that the whole point of this was to take your attention off what to eat all the time, else you may as well just calorie count lol. I am on the 1500 pack so i have to fill up quite a few calories with extras anyway, maybe that's why i'm finding it so easy on day two. What are you finding yourself eating that is more tempting than your packs?

I dont know what your family circumstances are, but wouldnt it be worth getting rid of temptations, not having anything else in the cupboard apart from what you need for diet? I struggle with having to feed a lanky teenage son and 8yr old son, been my downfall for months in terms of weight gain, buy loads of junk for them then end up eating it myself. so they have their cupboard and I have mine and I am not even going to open their cupboard if I can help it!

thats what i've done too banshee, i put everything in going to eat in a box the night before (obviously write a note for frozen or chilled things) and that is ALL i will eat the next day, no grey area, no arguing with myself "just a little wont hurt" try that :D

lol a little bit never just stays being a little bit, thats always been my downfall...I have to diet all or nothing...the grey areas just get converted into big black food sucking holes!!

Deamer dont get disheartened a 1lb is great its a loss...just pick up and start each new day with a plan and do your best to stick with it!

Beautifully described and so accurate lol.

Its not the numbers that count, it's the direction you are going. The weight didnt pile on overnight and it wont come off that fast either - plus the slower it comes off the easier it will stay off!

Can you tell i watch A LOT of diet programs? :D

I dont watch..worse I have a diet and fitness expert boyfriend..who is not impressed with my current choice of diet actually...and keeps shaking his head and reminding me I know how to do it on my own and that I have to change my lifestyle etc etc and weightloss starts in the mind and blah blah blah...I keep telling him to just move in and do the cooking then it will be his fault lol!

He is right tho, losing weight only works if you set you mind to it. Have to conciously make the right choices to start with, eventually tho you will make them automatically if you stick at it long enough! (til something tips the balance and fall back to you old habits like I did)

Oh dear , blokes dont get it do they. Mine is the same, he's not really an expert on nutrition but is a health and fitness fanatic. But he only eats healthy if i cook it and he eats soooo much it costs a fortune to feed him healthy food!! So he has to eat the crap, and then he lectures me on having self control and just "eating less and moving more!" Yeh you can imagine the two words that come out my mouth in response to that!!!

Weight loss does begin in the mind but you cant just flick a switch and start thinking healthy thoughts and feel healthy feelings about food. Some thing has to change from the outside to change what happens on the inside, it angers me when people say " its not about the event but how you percieve it" i heard that all through my degree and it still winds me up!! Some of us cant just change how we think or feel about something by choice, it's not natural!!

Grrr rant over, i'm feeling a bit antsy today!!! lol

oh dear, you should be feeling happy you lost 4.4lbs...but I know what you mean, its so frustrating when someone makes it sound all so simple and yet reality is much harder!

I'm finding it so hard to keep up with the packs. At work its fine, I have my breakfast and then a dinner or soup. I never seem to eat the snacks. They are not the sort of things that I eat, so, its hard to train myself to eat snacks.
Anyway its a new year so I'm really going to try and get with it once and for all.

I wouldnt worry too much if you're not keeping up with the packs, i'm on five packs a day and have often miss one or sometimes too, but as long as my cals are still right and the food i'm eating isn't crap then i just see it as making the packs last longer. For me this diet is all about taking the stress out of deciding what to have for breakfast lunch and dinner, and it does that perfectly!!

The popcorn is amazing though, i found my cat licking the bowl clean from the salt and vinegar one though which is amazing as it was so strong it numbed my mouth :eek: but they are soo yummy to sit and munch infront of the telly at night :D:D

Back