Puddings Beetroot Chocolate Cake

kevandju5

Maintaining
I saw a recipe for a beetroot cake and I've adapted it to SW. It's very rich, moist, indulgent and delish!:D

1 HEx and 8 syns for the cake. I cut it into 8, so 1 syn per slice!

42g All Bran
250g cooked beetroot
3 eggs
50g cocoa
sweetener

• In a pyrex bowl, soften the All Bran in a teeny bit (not too much, or the cake will be too gooey!) of boiling water. (Or you could heat up the beetroot juice to provide some of the liquid)
  • Add 250g beetroot, chopped up. Then liquidize the mixture.
  • Add the cocoa and stir in.
  • Add sweetener to taste
  • Whisk in 3 eggs (I just use the blender to save on washing up!)
  • Microwave on high for 9 & 1/2 mins
  • Stand for a few minutes
ENJOY!

Last edited:
Julia, I really want to try this, but just can't get my head around beetroot & All Bran together:rolleyes: I've lots of beetroot & I'm sure I'll give it a whirl, I like a bit of excitment in my life every now & then:D

Its my birthday coming up and I wanted a 'good' cake, gonna try this and see how it shapes up!

Julia, I really want to try this, but just can't get my head around beetroot & All Bran together:rolleyes: I've lots of beetroot & I'm sure I'll give it a whirl, I like a bit of excitment in my life every now & then:D

Don't worry Happy Holidays! You can't taste the All Bran, and it doesn't have the texture of All Bran. It just gives the mix some 'bulk'. The original recipe used flour, but I just tweaked it to suit SW.

Definately going to give this a try :) My boyfriends mum makes cakes with all sorts of random veg like courgettes! Gives the cake moisture without all the fat :)

took it to taster night tonight went down well made a sauce for over it so took it to about 20 syns

sauce 2 tbls honey
sweetner
vlf fromage
options
sugar and honey in pot melt stirring all the time then add to vlf fromage a spoon at a time then mix in options:)

I saw a recipe for a beetroot cake and I've adapted it to SW. It's very rich, moist, indulgent and delish!:D

1 HEx and 8 syns for the cake. I cut it into 8, so 1 syn per slice!

42g All Bran
250g cooked beetroot
3 eggs
50g cocoa
sweetener

• In a pyrex bowl, soften the All Bran in a little boiling water (not too much, or the cake will be too gooey!)
  • Add 250g liquidized beetroot
  • Add the cocoa
  • Add sweetener to taste
  • Whisk in 3 eggs
  • Microwave on high for 9 & 1/2 mins
  • Stand for a minute
ENJOY!

This may be a silly question but is the beetroot raw or cooked? Could you use weetabix instead of All-bran don't want to buy another cereal I don't eat otherwise.

just made this today for the first time, but made them as 9 muffins, not sure what to make of them at the moment, I can still taste the beetroot and added lots of sweetener, i will eat them by rolling them in more sweetener and adding squirty cream.

They were moist but have a beetroot taste :cry: I followed the recipe to the latter.

Lyn

Funny enough I was looking through my old Cook Youself Thin recipe book looking for some inspiration & there is something similar in there...this is probably a SW adapted version.

Back