Before photo

wafflewaffle

Gold Member
Last night I took some 'before' photos to help motivate me, but to be honest they have made me feel really sad and worried. I really didn't realise how huge I had got, I had a photo from 4 years ago when I weighed 4 stone less and couldn't believe the difference. How do you stay motivated when you know you have a lot to lose?

Hey. I have felt exactly the same. I use to be so slim and never worried about my weight, but over the past year life has been busy so I've been putting on a lot of weight. I didn't realize how big I looked until I started getting stretch marks from being so big! :( I took a picture of myself so that I have a before picture along with an after picture once I reach my goal so I can see the difference. I have photos that other people have taken of me when I was slim and it makes me sad and upset to look at them because I just want to go back to that time and not get big. But I know that's not going to happen!

My start weight is 3 pounds less than yours and my goal is also 10 stone :) What I do is just keep reminding myself how good it will feel to go to the shops for a walk and not be out of breath when I get back home, how good it will feel to find clothes that actually fit me (I need a new coat and I found 2 that were lovely and very cheap and I tried them on, hoping they would fit, but they didn't and I felt so embarrassed and annoyed), how good it will feel to be healthy and not struggle to do day to day activities and how good it will feel not to be lazy anymore! Also for me losing weight will help me to get pregnant, so that is my main motivation :) Just gotta keep reminding yourself how badly you want to reach your goal.
Reward yourself when you do something good. When you say NO to bad, unhealthy, junk food, reward yourself. Whether it's a small reward or big is up to you.
Take it one step at a time. Unfortunately it's not something that will change overnight, but if you keep making yourself exercise 20-30 minutes a day (or start by doing 10 minutes a day and then increase the time bit by bit) and if you eat right, then you will see changes within a few weeks. I know I have a long way to go until I am 10 stone again, but you just need to stay positive! :)

Last edited:
Awwww thanks for your reply it is nice to know I am not on my own, I would also like to lose the weight to get pregnant too :) xx

You're welcome :) And same, but there are lots of other people out there who are trying to lose weight too. It's just annoying that everybody is different when it comes to how much you will lose etc. There isn't just one straight answer :( But I just need to find out what works best for my body :) If you need more support or anything I'd be happy to help and give you advice :)

And awww, I hope you are successful in losing weight and getting pregnant.

You're welcome. You're not on your own :) If you need anymore help or advice I'd be happy to help :) And aww good luck with losing weight and trying for a baby! :)

All the best x

Losing weight is just like any goal in life you either want it or you don't and only you know that. How I stay focused is buy some clothes that you know you cant possibly fit into and then work towards wearing them in my case its jeans. It works.

I did have a baby yehy! Do you still use this diary? Am wondering did u have a baby yet? Xx

Back