Total Solution Began this morning

kirstyt

Hello everyone.

I started this morning. Did a different VLCD a few years ago. Since then I have had 2 children and the weight has returned.

I have already had 2 shakes and a bar and it's only 3pm, oh dear.

I have beeb going to a slimming group but seem to have got stuck in a rut, food has started to rule me again...

I would appreciate any hints and tips that anyone may have. Thank you

Bye for now - Kirsty:eek:

Hi, welcome and well done for starting.
The first few days are always the hardest, if you've done VLCD before then you'll know. The thing to do is to keep the water intake up, its really hard (I struggle with it all the time) but it does help with the hunger. Distraction is very useful (this site is really good for that). Also there are some great threads with goals, and thoughts, that are worth reading.
You can do this, so keep going and share on here, everyone is lovely

Hi and welcome.

I am in a similar e position to you, lost loads of weight years ago then had 3 kids and now at my biggest ever!!
I started yesterday and am not finding hunger to much a problem ( yet !) I have been having a porridge for breakfast ( late morning so between 9.30-10) then at lunch I have half a bar then the pasta carbonara for tea ( about 6-6.30) and I know I always pick in the eve so have my other half a bar then, seems that along with lots of water this is keeping the hunger a bay for now.

Good luck with you journey and have a browse of the site for lots of useful tips etc, everyone is really friendly so just ask.
Xx

Good luck...and I can assure you it does seem to get easier (or have less hunger pangs)! I have just had the odd moment where I could of had eaten some chocolate). But this site has really helped, everyone is o supportive.

I started again today I am off work next week that's why I started today, as I get headaches in first week then feel great afterwards. I just keep busy and also plenty sleep in my first wk also loads water. I am also doing wants called auto suggestion, look it up. You write reasons down why you want to lose weight, how you will achieve it, when you will achieve this goal and visualise ur self thinner. You read this to urself am, midday and before bed. It sub consciencly makes ur brain believe, it really works. I talk to myself in the day aswell. I applied it to work related things in the past but its very popular for people's weight loss journey, you will slowly believe what you are saying, try it you have nothing to lose.

I will have a look at that...sounds good

Thank you everyone. Tomorrow I am at work all day so am starting then....I will be back tomorrow night to let you know how it's going. I have been in touch with my ld Lighterlife Counsellor (no longer does that job but we re still in touch)....she reminded me of how focused I was....good to hear.

Just about to look up auto-suggestion, thanks for recommendation. Bye for now X

how are you doing now? you feeling any more positive? iv been napping alot and now i dont want the shakes but know i cant have anything else and the bars are painful i really liked the bars at first espesh the choc orange now i feel its a chore to eat them!!! i dont like the soups as i found out through CD but i have 4 weeks worth of shakes and bars now wish i had porridge or pasta instead of the bars!!! bleugh whats everyones favourite shake flavour?

Mines vanilla .... But mixed in a very large cup of coffee!!

Vanilla is my fave too shrimp i kove addig to coffee and adding coffee to it!! A swapsies... ooh sounds good maybe i can swao my bars for ny last weeks worth and try something else i wish exante had a swap scheme good luck for everyone today :)

XJESSXDUNNX I have started this morning in earnest- thank for asking.

Had a choc shake, not as nice as he vanilla and strawberry but I will persevere! I only bought shakes and bars as was never v keen on the soups when on LL. Don't think I would like pasta either as have read its very salty and as I don't eat salt much I don't think it would be for me.

Now for a day at work, and a raisin bar for lunch. Until later...

how did you get on today, hope you are feeling good

Hello again....OK today thank you, been busy all day...rarely get time for lunch - the joys of working part time however a good thing that I am kept busy! Wishing I could hibernate til I have lost some weight and things get easier!

youll soon be forgetting about the hunger etc... same I spilt choc shake all over my towel as I added hot water to it and shaker and it spilt through my shaker.. the smell has put me off I have now had 4 vanillas in 2 days o.0 I should really drink another flavour tomorrow! I just like to add the vanilla with coffee nom nom nom ... keep the good work up kirsty :D

The shakers aren't suitable for hot drinks, that's probably why it spilt. I use a stick a blender to make mine, it comes up nice and frothy :) I use it for soups and for hot choc made with the choc shakes :)

Day 2 today. Yesterday I had 4 packs instead of 3 and I have already had 3 today...just trying to get thought these 3 days as I know this will be the worst...Bought some Asda diet cola and also some fizzy water for variety, don't fancy Boullion to drink to be honest.

How is everyone else doing?

Kirsty x

well done with getting to day 2, things will get better over the enxt few days if you stick with it. You can do this

you can definitely do this!!! haha jael I found this out no more hot water in the shaker or it spurts out!!! im still surprised with myself so much yummy pie came down at work today and cake and cheesecake! not even a bite or tempted... try and think of the times you should have your shakes kirsty... work out when you should have your first shake and when you should have your next and keep yourself busy up until then! I keep a little hand diary too just to look back on my days and I struggled on day 1 and 2 and looking back now im like... how was im struggling and now im not! keep it up lovely :D

Back